Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wall Street Journal: Backup Plan For Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 2,051

Wall Street Journal: Backup Plan For Clemson

Oct 1, 2018, 3:40 PM

Hope I won’t get in trouble posting this. All typos and grammar errors are mine.

Monday, Oct 1, p A14

Clemson began the season with a QB who took the Tigers to the CFP last year and a freshman signal caller so prized he was expected to share snaps. Then their season faced crisis when neither of them was available midway through Saturday’s game against Syracuse.

This week, Coach Dabo Swinney made a decision that backfired twice over the course of several days. He announced Trevor Lawrence, the freshman, would be the starter. Almost immediately, the incumbent Kelly Bryant said he would transfer. Then during the first half of the Tigers’ game against Syracuse, Lawrence went down with an injury. That left Chase .brise, the original 3rd stringer, the task of orchestrating a comeback. It all worked out, but not before a quarterback-controversy-turned-quarterback-catastrophe nearly torpedoed one of the best teams in the country.

The entire situation played out in stark contrast to other top programs that have been able to placate two QBs who could both be the unquestioned starters almost anywhere else.

Gore on to discuss briefly Alabama and Notre Dame faced the same situation.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wall Street Journal: Backup Plan For Clemson

Oct 1, 2018, 3:43 PM

Chase *Brice, obviously, and
“Goes on to discuss Alabama and ND, who faced the same situations (more successfully, is the thrust of the article).

Oct 1, 2018, 4:14 PM

I thought Dabo was handling it the best, the two QBs, or at least as well as you can. Unfortunately, for some, it's easy to see . .we had the problem and the other teams did not. So who knows unless you are privy to all the inside workings.

Oct 1, 2018, 4:49 PM

I didn’t care for the way the WSJ wrote about Dabo’s decision.

Replies: 3
| visibility 2,051
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic