Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Article on Clemson WRs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Article on Clemson WRs

Jul 9, 2019, 12:37 PM

Don't know why this got posted on the Basketball forum...sorry! Here it is on the Football side:

Great article on Clemson 2019 WR's from Shakinthesouthland:

https://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2019/7/7/18714858/how-will-clemsons-2019-wr-compare-to-past-tiger-wr-corps

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very good read, however I have to take issue with this...

Jul 9, 2019, 12:48 PM

"...but now Clemson and Alabama are in a tier of their own". Alabama, Julio Jones notwithstanding, has never been in Clemson's league w/ regard to WRs. As good as they were last year, they still don't hold a candle to the quality or quantity Clemson has been putting on the field the last several years. Jones and Jeudy are about the only 2 Bama WRs I'd put in an orange uniform.

Alabama has had some terrific football players but I'm not willing to include them in this conversation.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Very good read, however I have to take issue with this...

Jul 9, 2019, 1:08 PM

Not sure where that was said in this article...but if you look at the article, focusing on the list of WRs at Clemson, and look at that list as now being in the NFL, I think that comment would be supported by the facts. I would add that tight end that hurt us so much in the first two title games, but other than that, think the Tigers have had much better WRs than the bleeding tide the last 6 years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Very good read, however I have to take issue with this...

Jul 9, 2019, 1:10 PM

Sorry, just realized that most of your post was not in quotes...YES, I agree with you! Once I realized that just the first few words you posted were from the article, then I agree with you. That explains why I could not find Jeudy anywhere in the article!

Re: as good as Jeudy is

Jul 9, 2019, 6:34 PM

And i do not begrudge him the Belitnikoff Award, because he has good hands, great speed, very shifty, hard to tackle in spite of his size-----but his frame makes him a poor blocker, and he can disappear in the red zone where coverage gaps are much smaller.

I guarantee you Saban would have traded Jeudy for either Higgins or Ross, or maybe even Overton during the Natty. We had matchup advantages all over the field, and they had none at all.

BTW, Calvin Ridley also wants a shout out from you. Since he has the size to be a red zone target, but the misfortune of playing with Hurts instead of Tua, he deserves not to be overlooked.

It says what I quoted in the second sentence***

Jul 9, 2019, 1:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Very good read, however I have to take issue with this... ]

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic