Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Venables...if there is a place where they put assistant
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Venables...if there is a place where they put assistant

Jun 11, 2019, 8:59 PM

coach statues. I hope he gets one too.

Maybe right in the middle of all the tombstones he's helped bring into the graveyard.

He's given so much to this program in an age where it rarely happens.

Makes me appreciate how much Kirby Smart worked with Saban...LSU, Miami Dolphins, Alabama. It will interesting to see how Venables career plays out. He's worked for 3 head coaches: Bill Snyder, Bob Stoops, and Dabo Swinney. He's had an incredible career so far.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Venables...if there is a place where they put assistant

Jun 11, 2019, 9:02 PM

He needs two- one of him and one of the get back guy subduing him

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2019, 10:01 PM

+1! They are a team, and a package deal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Venables and Dabo

Jun 11, 2019, 10:28 PM

The Dynamic Duo, yeah!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Venables and Dabo

Jun 12, 2019, 9:01 AM

This!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2019, 4:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Venables...if there is a place where they put assistant ]

Or just one of him with that snarl that he gives the get back coach on occasion!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2019, 9:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Venables...if there is a place where they put assistant ]

Love that idea!!!

Jun 11, 2019, 10:00 PM

POTD, IMO! He is so worthy, and he definitely should be wired in to Clemson for the nest few years with a son on the roster (and I would bet he will be a huge contributor).

Jun 11, 2019, 10:05 PM

BV has said many many times that he is happy with his life the way that it is at Clemson. With that said, I'm sure he will be delighted when people will just stop trying to fill in the blank for his future, and stop trying to place a head coaching Tag on him when he is completely happy with what he is doing at Clemson. He is a DC and loves what he does without thoughts of being a HC, and he don't feel that he has to be a HC to complete his college FB career....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2019, 10:14 PM

Yep, definitely needs something in his honor.

Not sure I understand the part about Kirby Smart??? And how much you appreciate him...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They ought to put it up on cemetery hill.

Jun 11, 2019, 10:46 PM

I'm sure he's put a lot of OC's in early graves.

Re: They ought to put it up on cemetery hill.

Jun 12, 2019, 8:08 AM

Can you believe that Olkahoma basically demoted this guy in favor of Mike Stoops? I have heard that OC are trying to flee before facing him in a Natty Game. Some make it out to a backwater burg in Florida, some leave afterwards. They just didn't want to be there.

But on the other hand, I have always wondered Brent's impact on Elliot/Scott (lesser extent Morris, as I expect the learning flow was bi-directional there as BV got to see the Morris's Hurry/Spread). BV is definitely one best defensive minds so having that filter/analysis on your own sideline rather that scheming your demise is a wonderful boon.

Jun 12, 2019, 4:35 PM

Yes, put a statue of BV in the grave yard with scripture at the bottom saying, ( To all ending up here under my watch, it wasn't with any malice, it was just my job, RIP, Brent Venables!!! )

Jun 12, 2019, 4:45 PM

It’s been the Sweeney-Venables show including the other staff members too! Dabo with his imagination , vision and leadership with Venables defensive genius in huge support. We finally have the OC’s in place with Tony Elliott and Jeff Scott who I hope stays at Clemson for a long time. In fact I hope our coaching staff stays together for another 10 years.

Go Tigers!

Jun 12, 2019, 6:23 PM

I agree with you 100%, It should be easy now to keep Jeff and Tony together now that they both are at that Million dollar mark bc, I believe the money situation for the two are now on average as a pair, as what some of the top OC's in the country are getting for One OC. I will say that I was getting worried that one or the other would soon get an offer at the Million dollar mark before Dabo made sure that they were compensated as an individual top OC salary. I think that with them both breaking the $$$Million dollar mark, they are both happy Clemson coaches with both making a million dollars a year at the same school and team that both played their college FB, what more could a pair of X Clemson FB players want over what they both have now....

Go Tigers!!!

Jun 12, 2019, 5:38 PM

I'm going to suggest a "Coaches Huddle"... facing inward with arms around the shoulders...and Brooks gets a backwards ball cap...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic