Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Urban Meyer knew of allegations of
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Urban Meyer knew of allegations of

Aug 1, 2018, 12:06 PM

abuse against an asst. Coach?

So what? He's not judge and jury.

He can't fire someone based on allegations.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Urban Meyer knew of allegations of

Aug 1, 2018, 12:09 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

That dewd scares me.***

Aug 1, 2018, 12:20 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

He should, he was trained by the best.

Aug 1, 2018, 1:26 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Aug 1, 2018, 12:10 PM

I detest Urb personally but I agree with you here.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is the head coach and is responsible for how the

assistant coaches reflect on the program. Maybe I'm in the minority, but if I were Urban I would have least talked to the wife also, not just the coach. Do you really the coach is gonna say "Yeah Urb, I roughed her up a little, but we're cool now"? Of course not.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's a difference between knowing about allegations and

knowing it actually happened. If this story is true, then he knew it happened and then blatantly lied about it when asked if he knew it happened.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I haven't seen the story that sez he knew

Aug 1, 2018, 12:13 PM

It happened.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok well, all of the coaches' wives knew it happened

Aug 1, 2018, 12:23 PM

including Urban's wife. Other people on his staff knew it happened. Hiram de Fries knew it happened. Police reports were changed. A restraining order was granted in 2015. But yeah, I'm sure Urban never knew it happened. Ok.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Lulz. Never said Urban didn't know.

Aug 1, 2018, 12:29 PM

Also wives only got one side of the story.

You seem to make a lot of assumptions.

Re: Lulz. Never said Urban didn't know.

Aug 1, 2018, 12:46 PM

Are you high?

Aug 1, 2018, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Lulz. Never said Urban didn't know. ]

"I haven't seen the story that sez (sic) he knew It (sic) happened"

To me that would indicate that you haven't seen anything that suggests Urban knew it happened. Correct?

So everyone around Urban knew it happened, so yes...I am making an assumption that Urban knew as well.

Yes, the wives apparently got one side of the story, along with the pictures of her repeated injuries.

And of course Urban's closest friend and confidant talked the wife into not filing charges years ago with the old "hey no big deal, he was drunk, he'll probably never hit you again" routine.

So do you believe Urban did or did not know it actually happened?

I'd wager in Vegas that he thought it was still happening.

Aug 1, 2018, 12:55 PM

I just know from experience that only 2 people actually know what's happening inside a relationship. I've been told lies by too many guys/girls.

Re: I'd wager in Vegas that he thought it was still happening.

Aug 1, 2018, 1:17 PM

That's true, but that's not what's being debated here. This isn't about whether or not there was abuse (although it really looks like there was). It's about the fact that Meyer denied he ever knew about any allegations and signs are pointing to that being a lie.

^^^^THIS^^^^ Only 2 people know what ACTUALLY happened.

Aug 1, 2018, 5:30 PM [ in reply to I'd wager in Vegas that he thought it was still happening. ]

Urban knows what he saw, what he thinks he saw, what he heard, what he may have heard, what he was told by many different people, etc... We don’t know much. We know what we are reading, or worse, being told, on the internet. Everything you read on the internet is true, obviously. Ha. Oh well, the truth will (hopefully) come to light. I hope my Tigers are strong enough to beat our opponents at full strength. No, not the Clemson football team - Clemson University athletic teams. All teams. All genders of all teams. All sports.

Aug 1, 2018, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Lulz. Never said Urban didn't know. ]

Furthermore, screenshots of the texts say Urban had spoken with Zach Smith and he (Zach) denied the allegations. This is a convo between Smith's wife and the wife of Ohio State's director of football operations:

Courtney: “(Zach’s) trying to make me look crazy bc that’s what Shelley is saying (he’s doing)”
Lindsey: “He (Urban) just said he (Zach) denied everything”
Courtney: “I hope urban is smarter than that”
Lindsey: “He (Urban) doesn’t know what to think”
Courtney: “I don’t really care. Ya know”
Lindsey: “Yeah, don’t worry about urb”

This doesn't necessarily prove how much Urban knew, but at B1G Media Days last week he unequivocally denied knowledge of any and all allegations up until they fired him. This seems to tell a much different story. Of course we want to wait until all the facts come out and every party has an opportunity to speak, but there's a lot of smoke here and the only time Urban Meyer has spoken about the matter, he apparently lied.

O31O is in the middle of that huge Wrestling

molestation investigation . Ole Urban could get caught up in them trying to look good in public.

Aug 1, 2018, 12:12 PM

He lied about knowing when he was asked formally about said incident .
You cool with that ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 1, 2018, 12:14 PM

Last week at Big 10 media days he said he had no idea of the allegations. Lied straight through his teeth

Re: Urban Meyer - the tell when he is lying

Aug 1, 2018, 12:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Urban Meyer knew of allegations of ]

His lips are moving

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2018, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Urban Meyer knew of allegations of ]

Cool with a coach lying??? Should be a politician instead of a coach!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He lied.***

Aug 1, 2018, 12:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Denying Things....

can back to bite Joe Pa at Penn State.

Lock him up***

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lock him up*** throw away

Aug 1, 2018, 12:33 PM

The KEY! Perv

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

CLEMSON Peoples..Who the Freaking cares Especially if it breaks us uP!

Aug 1, 2018, 3:51 PM

Stop this bitching between yourselves & get back to Tiger Football..You Hear Me!

Cause, we got business to tend to soon plus we’ve already taken care of the Buckies 31-Zippo!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

tell um lightbulb

Aug 1, 2018, 6:08 PM

!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Resignation because of health issues in ...

Aug 1, 2018, 6:14 PM

1, 2, 3!

Well, this would be an excellent opportunity for Urb

Aug 1, 2018, 6:20 PM

to retire (again) since it was just announced tOSU has placed him on paid administrative leave and appointed an interim coach from the staff

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2018, 6:25 PM

Law enforcement was partly created to reduce the need for vigilante justice. How is that working when people are held accountable for the actions of others. For as long as I can remember, family violence and infidelity have been a routine sermon on Sundays. It appears that the most serious offenders are often the TV people. Where is law inforcement in these situation.

CBS would be ok with Urban, they are keeping Les Moonves

Aug 1, 2018, 6:27 PM

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic