Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
USC(SC) Fans love to play the SEC card yet...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

USC(SC) Fans love to play the SEC card yet...

Nov 30, 2018, 12:01 PM

Not that we would ever want to join the SEC but USC(SC) is documented as saying that they would block Clemson from joining the SEC if expansion ever occurred. You cannot complain that we play in an easy conference if you block us from trying to play harder competition. Furthermore I bet they would fear the results if the other SEC schools ever voted on who they would rather have in conference, Clemson or South Carolina. We play 3 SEC schools a year with our opener, state rival, and bowl/playoff game.

Its amazing Clemson is so good at football considering we start $14mm in the hole compared our fellow SEC foe. That is obviously a testament to our fan support.

SEC: $40.9 million
Big Ten: $34.8 million for teams getting full shares
Big 12: also right about $34.8 million
Pac-12: about $29 million
ACC: something like $27 million
https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/2/2/16964186/sec-revenue-distribution-2017

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: USC(SC) Fans love to play the SEC card yet...

Nov 30, 2018, 12:09 PM

New Springs kicks in another $15 Million. They didnt include that in our numbers. That's right, it's not conference money, just Clemson money.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2018, 12:19 PM

Basically, "appearance fee" of the SEC. A person of ill-repute being taken behind the dumpster of WB and only involved for the payout... dead eyes cast down, she has no future and a lot to endure.

Doesn't get any easier than the SEC East***

Nov 30, 2018, 12:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Nov 30, 2018, 12:42 PM

Though I'm not in favor of joining the SEC, it's hard for me to believe SC would block it. It would make their schedule easier if we were in their Conference. The State Legislature has dictated that we have to play every year. As such, we occupy one of their OOC dates. If we were in the SEC, they could schedule another cupcake in our place. That being said, "Coots are gonna Coot!" Who cares what they think? It's obvious that IPTAY is one of the most successful "booster related funding programs" in the country. That says a lot about Clemson people since Clemson University is significantly smaller that most of the other P5 programs in terms of student enrollment. Most of us know how special Clemson is and will do whatever is needed to make up the funding shortfall. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

u5c wants no part of Clemson the the $EC...

Nov 30, 2018, 1:19 PM

It would just be one more conference loss for them each year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Who takes the worst beatdown tomorrow?

Nov 30, 2018, 1:37 PM

ACC Coastal or SEC Least?

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic