Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UGA fan yesterday lol...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

UGA fan yesterday lol...

Jan 21, 2019, 8:49 PM

So I hit happy hour with a buddy and was wearing a Clemson shirt and a UGA fan (who must've started quite a bit earlier than us) came up and said "now that Clemson's entire defense is gone I hope yall don't expect to repeat." I said yeah it's gonna be tough I don't know what we're going to do, 2015 I heard that and we won the next year, DW4 left and we made it to the playoffs in 2017, 2018 our offense got a revamp and couldn't win because it was a freshman QB but we did pretty well this year... He followed with "you guys don't have the talent coming in to win after losing your entire defense." I told him yeah we only have the #1 and #2 defensive ends to take over on the edges and veterans coming in for tackle with a 5* corner coming in to replace Mullen and the ends won't be freshmen so I don't know how we're going to reload, I guess we're going to have to take a page out of UGA's book to see how to reload after winning a national championship.

He didn't find that as amusing as I did.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UGA fan yesterday lol...

Jan 21, 2019, 8:52 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2019, 8:55 PM

you should have added Tigers 3,dawgs 1.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 21, 2019, 9:09 PM

3 is too high of a number for a dawg they would think I'm speaking a different language.

Jan 21, 2019, 9:40 PM

My local watering hole requires shirt & shoes, so there's no dawg fans there.

Jan 21, 2019, 9:50 PM [ in reply to Re: UGA fan yesterday lol... ]

should have figured that.got a friend in cola. who's a die-hard dawg.still playing with the idea of sending him the 3-1 message,just in case he missed the news.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 22, 2019, 2:42 PM

After we won in 2016, UGA released a pre-season media guide in 2017 which stated that UGA actually has 2 titles. Prior to 2017, UGA only claimed 1 title (1980).

I have a friend (clemson grad) working within UGA athletics who informed me last weekend that UGA is thinking about making another statement this year in which they will claim 4 national championships.

I #### you not.

Jan 21, 2019, 10:03 PM [ in reply to Re: UGA fan yesterday lol... ]

and it's been 39 long years,and herschel's about ready to start collecting social security.

null

Jan 22, 2019, 2:29 PM

Even Herchel's nephew knew coming to Clemson would get him more national championship than going to UGA, he made the right choice.

Jan 22, 2019, 3:13 PM

wonder if that'll be brought up at the dinner table?

null

Jan 22, 2019, 3:22 PM

"Hey uncle I doubled your national championship rings.... Oh AND your conference championship rings. Can you believe you gave that up for a car?"

Georgia fans are the worst. they really think they are a

Jan 21, 2019, 10:08 PM

Blue blood program because they have won the recruiting national championship 10 years in a row.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Georgia fans are the worst. they really think they are a

Jan 21, 2019, 11:54 PM

The worst part of their fanbase are the ones who didn't go to school there. They all look like extras from the movie Deliverance. #SquealPiggy

Re: Georgia fans are the worst. they really think they are a

Jan 22, 2019, 8:09 AM

Yeah, I tend to like actual Georgia alums (know a few but most went there for grad school). I try and be humble around them because they kinda have the same problem we had under Bowden: We would look to have our act together, tie our shoelaces parking curb, and then fall face first into a landmine. The experience between a mid 2000 Clemson and a mid 2000 UGA attendee is fairly similar, so while my anxiety with 21 point lead over Uof5C is the same that UGA feels when they play Bammy, I know Dabo doesn't let me down ...while Jawja fans start toward the exits in sorrow.

UGa, achieving less with more since 1981 !!!***

Jan 22, 2019, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Georgia fans are the worst. they really think they are a ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

If they knew anything about football they'd be called

Jan 21, 2019, 10:59 PM

George.

Jan 21, 2019, 11:53 PM

Your conversation should have went like this "We've won 3 national championships since UGA won their only one." #MicDrop

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic