Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: All In for Ten: "Tweet That" video, Dabo's South Carolina stand the test of time
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

TNET: All In for Ten: "Tweet That" video, Dabo's South Carolina stand the test of time

Oct 13, 2018, 8:01 AM

All In for Ten: "Tweet That" video, Dabo's South Carolina stand the test of time

It’s no surprise that most-viewed story all-time in TigerNet history happened after head coach Dabo Swinney’s rant back in 2011. Today, we take a look back at the video and the moment. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tweet This ~~>

Oct 13, 2018, 8:18 AM

Coxs r LOSERS in football & always will be when comparing their past wins & losses on the field of play versus the CLEMSON TiGERS! ??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tweet This ~~>

Oct 13, 2018, 9:09 AM

Like Dabo told them, they never have and never will be Clemson, and Clemson is the only University of South Carolina. It is when it comes to a superb education at a top 20 public university. It is when talking about having the happiest students in the country, and surely let's not forget, the best FB, baseball, and basketball programs in the state of South Carolina!!!! Noooooo, USUC can't ever compare them selves to Clemson in the things that count!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2018, 9:47 AM

Not to rain on your parade, but you should’ve stopped with acedemics and Football. Let’s give them their due when called for...they’ve historically had a marginally better basketball program than us and their baseball has been pretty dang good for a while. Better than hours when you look at NC’s. If you can’t give them credit for that, your comments are no better than Spurrier’s. But I’m with you on the rest...in what matters, there is no comparison.

Oct 13, 2018, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Tweet This ~~> ]

Like Dabo told them, they never have and never will be Clemson, and Clemson is the only University of South Carolina. It is when it comes to a superb education at a top 20 public university. It is when talking about having the happiest students in the country, and surely let's not forget, the best FB, baseball, and basketball programs in the state of South Carolina!!!! Noooooo, USUC can't ever compare them selves to Clemson in the things that count!!!

I'm typing this with my clemson class ring on, and my dad did play football at clemson. But your comments here are ridic. I love Dabo and I love this video.

Univ of South Carolina was established 88 years before us. They have twice the number of students than we do. There's other schools in this state too. The Citadel (est 50 years before us), College of Charleston (est 122 years before us).

If you're going to say something about them, say something smart. Like -- They've got 2x the amount of students and they still aren't half as good as we are.

'happiest students in the country' -- what?
Happiest students are going to be the party schools. CofC, CCU, FMU.

Message was edited by: Bense®

hee hee hee***

Oct 13, 2018, 8:31 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"His kids' grandkids..."

Oct 13, 2018, 9:02 AM

Dabo's certainly delivering on that point! The gap is becoming a 'River too Wide'!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "His kids' grandkids..."

Oct 13, 2018, 9:19 AM

Absolutely, the little bit of catching up they did do under Spurrier, they have lost that, and things are still the same with them never catching up. Dabo's great, great grand kids will never see our rivalry with the coots close to even!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That never gets old....

Oct 13, 2018, 9:13 AM

I like to replay that every season the week of the Usuck game!!

I love all of the 10 year posts, BUT

Oct 13, 2018, 9:15 AM

This one was so special. He could have just said some coach speak, and kept it PC, but we needed that. In a lot of ways I felt like that speech lit the fire. Thank You DABO.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

63-17

Contributed to great showing against VT. After

Oct 13, 2018, 11:30 AM

the rant you could feel the pressure lifted off the players and on to .Dabo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Contributed to great showing against VT. After

Oct 13, 2018, 1:20 PM

And that was the spark that lit the fire in this program against LSU. Then lsu saying they didn’t want to be there and pretty much we weren’t worthy. Not to mention Holtz saying that “that might work in the a-she-she but not the s-shh she she.” Then our tigers go out and punch LSU in the mouth. That was a spring board game for this amazing climb up the mountain Clemson football has been on The last 4 years. Dabo will always be a legend at Clemson and I have no doubt in my mind we will reach the top of the mountain(nc win) again. I think it’s funny most of the media had to change the narrative when it came to this program but I’m glad there are still doubters cause it makes these Tigers hungry

Something I will always remember about those days.

Oct 13, 2018, 3:34 PM

IMO, Spurrier had a leg up on Dabo when Dabo became HC. Dabo was an unproven competing against a legend and had to work his tail off in building a program that had seen better days. Spurrier enjoyed a five year streak while Dabo endured those losses and kept building. Dabo kept his focus on building his program into a national power and not on SC. National caliber players started rolling in. Brent V was hired. Then somewhere around the end of the streak, Spurrier took his foot off the gas and he got his butt ran over by an orange semi and had the intelligence to realize things were changing. He quit and left a program that’s still trying to figure out how to right the ship and meanwhile Dabo keeps building. They used to make fun of Dabo and now they can’t wait for him to leave. Sorry Coots, he ain’t leaving any time soon! Go Tigers!

Re: TNET: All In for Ten: "Tweet That" video, Dabo's South Carolina stand the test of time

Oct 13, 2018, 7:17 PM

I read this headline ten times. I think I’ve concluded it is grammatically correct.

Aside from that, another great Coach Swinney moment.

Once again Clemson was on the mind of Todd Ellis...

Oct 13, 2018, 9:43 PM

...and he says something stupid.

Re: TNET: All In for Ten: "Tweet That" video, Dabo's South Carolina stand the test of time

Oct 13, 2018, 9:56 PM

And that my friends is why we love our Dabo so much!

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Oct 14, 2018, 10:45 AM

The best part of his rant is that it is the absolute truth, and there is not anything they can do about it , and it eats them up inside.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2018, 8:18 PM

AND THE BEST IS YET TO COME......GO TIGERS

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic