Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Dabo wants fans to stay for entire game....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

If Dabo wants fans to stay for entire game....

Oct 7, 2017, 3:24 PM

then he needs to put the hammer down in the 4th quarter. It works both ways. This was one of those games where we are our own worst enemy by disrupting the flow of the game and momentum by subbing way too many players. No one has a chance to get into a rhythm.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Try again man.. that hill was empty from the start.***

Oct 7, 2017, 3:28 PM

Secondly, why don't you take a peak at what's happened here for the last 8 yrs +.
You have Nat Champ winning team that is undefeated this year and 2nd in the country, but that's not enough? Winning decisively is too boring to be worth your time?
Prefer to go back to Tommy Bowden making these games close and losing?
What more do you want? Jeez!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Try again man.. that hill was empty from the start.***

Oct 7, 2017, 3:32 PM

Its time to put those tickets on the open market. I think you warn the students. Let it be known that if they continue to get tickets and not come that the school is going to slowly start moving those tickets for public consumption.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2017, 3:57 PM

Agreed. We are the last Power 5 team giving students free tickets. This is probably why all the other schools make them pay. If they have to pay they will think twice before not showing up and possibly would stay longer. Our coach should not have to address this issue, just sale the tickets to people who want to be there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Idiots and trolls use to come out in force after losses

Oct 7, 2017, 4:04 PM [ in reply to Try again man.. that hill was empty from the start.*** ]

Now, since we rarely lose, they make even bigger fools of themselves complaining after a win that was never in doubt over a good football team

Our O played poorly.

Oct 7, 2017, 4:12 PM

I think they are just worried a touch.

meh, rushed and threw for over 200 yards

Oct 7, 2017, 7:56 PM

so it wasn't awful. Turnovers weren't good, but we got more snaps for subs in any game since Kent St.

Were great the first two series, then seemed to lose a little focus

Re: Idiots and trolls use to come out in force after losses

Oct 7, 2017, 4:13 PM [ in reply to Idiots and trolls use to come out in force after losses ]

There's more here now than ever, this place has gotten unbearable on gamedays.

Re: Idiots and trolls use to come out in force after losses

Oct 7, 2017, 8:34 PM [ in reply to Idiots and trolls use to come out in force after losses ]

Copy that. These complaining "fans" need to get a life.

Oct 7, 2017, 8:02 PM [ in reply to Try again man.. that hill was empty from the start.*** ]

To your comment about the hill...they are limiting the number of people allowed on the hill. You may not have noticed the barricades set up at the top of the hill, with about 2' open on either end with a green shirt standing there. I think they distribute tickets that are specific to the hill. Though I do agree the students are whining, but I thought the showing today was pretty strong

TigerXJ
Clemson University Class of 2007
UNC-CH SOM Class of 2011
Life's Journey is not to arrive at the Grave Safely in a Well Preserved Body. But Rather to Launch Airborne, Land Hard, Slide in Sideways, Totally Worn Out and Thrashed, Screaming "Holy Shit What a Ride!!!"

Re: If Dabo wants fans to stay for entire game....

Oct 7, 2017, 3:29 PM

Well that isn't going to happen. The backups and younger guys have to get on the field or when they do they're not going to know what is going on. You want to know why Clemson can lose 7, 8 or 9 players on defense and not miss a beat, because they try to play as many guys as they can to get experience. Everyone likes winning, right? Well that is the formula that works here so why mess that up?

F U !

Oct 7, 2017, 3:30 PM

Dabo playing all these backups so early and often will work out for the best in the long

Snowflakes need to learn, of they want FREE tickets their place is in their seas,otherwise, someone will buy those FREE seats that they whined about.

If the last 9 years have taught us anything

Oct 7, 2017, 3:35 PM

Dabo doesn't know what he's doing

Yeah, and get a starter hurt in garbage time.

Oct 7, 2017, 3:34 PM

NO THANKS!

~JKB

Re: Yeah, and get a starter hurt in garbage time.

Oct 7, 2017, 3:57 PM

Alabama doesnt let up! It took all we had to beat them to include a Deshaun Watson. Not playing in the second and 4th quarter today is not playing to a standard and may come back to bite us. Finish the game like you start and fans will stay put. Like I said it works both ways.

Re: Yeah, and get a starter hurt in garbage time.

Oct 7, 2017, 4:04 PM

I hear ya, but I feel that if this team went against an Alabama toe to toe in a close game for 4 quarters, they could hold their own till the end.

No, it doesn't

Oct 7, 2017, 4:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Yeah, and get a starter hurt in garbage time. ]

You're a spoiled little snowflake and your opinion is moronic. Might try showing up first before you complain about leaving early

Bingo!!***

Oct 7, 2017, 4:11 PM

Yes, Bammer did that last year...

Oct 7, 2017, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Yeah, and get a starter hurt in garbage time. ]

And didn’t have faith in their backups in the National Championship Game.

They got gassed in the 4th qtr and gave up 21 POINTS AND LOST THE GAME.

We only beat them by 4 points and yet STILL WON THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

Guess it turned out ok?

~JKB

Dabo wants you in his office immediately.

Oct 7, 2017, 4:03 PM

Maybe you can help him salvage his coaching career COOT.

Oct 7, 2017, 4:04 PM

Thanks for posting. Gave me a chance to use the TD button.

Disagree. WRs missed lots of easy passes in 2nd half.

Oct 7, 2017, 4:08 PM

That's part of what slowed down the offense.
AND Zerrick Cooper acted like he had not thrown a pass in years..... or ever.

Oct 7, 2017, 4:17 PM

Do you realize that year after year, no matter how many we lose to the draft and graduation, the level of success stays the same? It is because we play nack-ups all throughout the game, and as early as possible. That way when it is their turn to step in as a starter the game has already slowed down for them. That was a good pass rushing team today that led.. I say again LED the nation in tackles for loss. That should have probably been 5-0. And the game was never in doubt. So we don't beat SW Delaware Tech by 50 points, because the next year you still win 11-12 or more games. I will take that every time.

Millennial idiot***

Oct 7, 2017, 4:18 PM

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

I disagree that we should leave the starters in

Oct 7, 2017, 4:21 PM

when the outcome is not in question, but I do think that we should allow the backups to continue playing. I HATE seeing a backup QB brought in, only to have him hand off every play. That does nothing to help his development. Keep running the offense, and give the backups a chance to see what they can do.

It's the other team's job to stop us, after all.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Before this year...

Oct 7, 2017, 9:10 PM

I don’t recall KB2 threw a football and it turns out alright. I’m pretty sure the coaches know what they’re doing.

Oct 7, 2017, 7:40 PM

Dabo used this exact strategy for the BC game - keep the game close to maintain fan interest and then BAM! - drop the hammer in the 4th quarter! Unfortunately this made many fans uncomfortable for 3 quarters so this time he scored quickly to put everyone at ease, cruised until the 4th and dropped in some subs to make things fun. Now everyone still isn't happy but you can't blame the guy for trying.

Oct 7, 2017, 5:27 PM

This dude is clueless.

you saying Dabo should keep his Johnson IN ?

Oct 7, 2017, 5:39 PM

?

null

Oct 7, 2017, 8:07 PM

For any outsiders reading this, the op has a low pulse indicating that he is most likely a gamecock fan posing as a Clemson fan to stir things up. Pay no attention to his idiotic post.

Easily the most pathetic post of the day.

Oct 7, 2017, 8:31 PM

Go on, what else does the defending national football coach, five time division winner, three time conference winner, two time national champion game maker, who constantly makes the university look great off the field as well as on, whose players represent the university well and graduate...owe you in exchange for your support of his program? He's not winning by ENOUGH for you? The back-ups are beneath your support?

null

all that will make sense later in the year.. it's called

Oct 7, 2017, 8:34 PM

Creating adequate depth

Oct 7, 2017, 8:37 PM

OP - You just don't understand the game of football, do you? Bless your heart.

Oct 7, 2017, 8:50 PM

It's a no win situation. If the Tigers are leading by 45 points at the half a lot of the older fans will also be leaving early along with the students. I'm one of the older fans but I stay for the entire game. Sometimes the most exciting moments are late in the fourth quarter. Look what Miami did today.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2017, 8:40 PM

Later on in a tight game and a starter goes down, you will then be glad Dabo developed their replacement.

Oct 7, 2017, 8:43 PM

JP #### Dabo has earned all the respect he needs from the fans.

I hope you, and everyone else, throwing shade was in the stands

Oct 7, 2017, 8:53 PM
IMG_1885.JPG(228.4 K)

Good crowd for a noon game against Wake.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Time for you to hop of the bandwagon

Oct 7, 2017, 9:15 PM

And go back to chickentown

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ This guy gets me...

Oct 7, 2017, 9:20 PM

Signed,

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic