Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those who don't understand why debt spirals are bad...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 537

For those who don't understand why debt spirals are bad...

Feb 18, 2019, 11:47 PM

http://fortune.com/2018/03/15/us-national-debt-trump-tax-cuts/

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They love to blame the tax cut. Revenues have remained

Feb 19, 2019, 6:13 AM

Steady despite the cuts. Amazon pays zero in taxes anyway so what good is 21% or 35%. There are loopholes which were kept. It was for show. Same as raising the top rate to 70%. That will not bring in new revenue from the super rich. They don't report income. They sell stock and ride the capital gains gravy train.

A long time ago we started this train when the idea of low interest rates were used to spur the economy. Wages have been flat for decades now. When you're leveraged in debt the last thing you want is inflation. But the enemy of America is money in people's pockets. Wages must remain flat or we collapse. Simple fact. We're on pace to spend $200 billion more on servicing debt next year. The fed lending rate went up 1% and that was over $100 billion more we pay to service the debt. Heaven forbid we get back to a more traditional or at least more common 3 to 4% lending rate.

Point is 1982 kills us. In 1982 it was bad but not a huge problem. That same inflation and those rates today break our government. We can not have growth any higher than 3%. Even that's too much.

We can't prosper now. Trumps tariffs and desire to end illegal labor are far more dangerous than our tax code.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This was a good read.***

Feb 19, 2019, 7:40 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump's going to wipe out the deficit by the end of 2nd term

Feb 19, 2019, 8:05 AM

right? Didn't he say that?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trump's going to wipe out the deficit by the end of 2nd term

Feb 19, 2019, 8:19 AM

actually he said he would pay off the entire national debt by his second term, he really campaigned on that and people actually believed him.

Re: Trump's going to wipe out the deficit by the end of 2nd term

Feb 19, 2019, 8:25 AM

Did he really say that?

yes. that's what I meant to post.

Feb 19, 2019, 8:30 AM

it's only a little less believable than Mexico paying for the wall.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yes. that's what I meant to post.

Feb 19, 2019, 8:39 AM

Now he is saying he does not care about the national debt exploding because he will "not be here". A sitting US president really said this.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-us-national-debt-economy-spending-cuts-government-federal-tax-republicans-a8670046.html

Wow. Talk about the lesser of two evils.

Feb 19, 2019, 1:12 PM

I cannot believe how much these Republicans spend. At least Democrats are honest about the fiduciary childishness.

We are bordered by two oceans and two countries. And yet we outspend the next closest spender on military by thee or four fold. And they still tell us we need to spend more.

null

Military Industrial Complex is real.***

Feb 19, 2019, 2:59 PM

It’s hard to argue otherwise. I’m in line to think a true patriot

Feb 19, 2019, 4:12 PM

leading our armed forces would do some major cuts to help ward off what I consider a much greater threat than foreign attack: federal debt.

null

A freakin men***

Feb 19, 2019, 7:46 PM

Replies: 11
| visibility 537
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic