Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trevor Lawrence deep balls
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Trevor Lawrence deep balls

Nov 12, 2018, 9:41 AM

Have improved quite a bit. Yes he missed some but he also hit a couple more deep as well. I don’t know about anyone else but I see an improvement in that area. He’s a True freshman and for him to still be learning he’s pretty Amazing and really opens up the play book. There’s not a play that Trevor Lawrence can’t run

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trevor Lawrence deep balls

Nov 12, 2018, 9:45 AM

The one thing I like about TL over the last guy we had was, the wr's don't have to stop and wait 5 mins for the ball to get there. Its always going to be in stride if the WR gets there, but he's been on point more times than not, especially on the deep post routes over the middle.

They’ve definitely improved

Nov 12, 2018, 9:48 AM

To get a little nitpicky I wish sometimes he’d put a little more air under the ball to give our receivers a chance to go up and make a play like Tee did. But that will come with more experience.

You seem to have an odd fascination with Trevor's deep

Nov 12, 2018, 9:46 AM

balls

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

grindr>>>***

Nov 12, 2018, 9:47 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Speaking of run.......

Nov 12, 2018, 9:49 AM

I hold my breath every time he runs the ball. He does well, but I don’t want to play without him at any time the rest of the way. Yes, I understand the nature of our offense, but ........

it looked like he put more air under them this week

Nov 12, 2018, 9:51 AM

it looks like he is trying to put more arc on the trajectory to give the WR's a better chance to run under them.

He will only get better at it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em coot

Nov 12, 2018, 9:52 AM

u5c fno

Re: Tell 'em coot

Nov 12, 2018, 9:54 AM

I don’t know about you. But I’m looking forward to destroying the coots this year.

Nov 12, 2018, 9:53 AM

He threw better deep balls when he didn't start, he should be hitting more.

Nov 12, 2018, 10:33 AM

Brice actually has a better touch on the deep ball but he rarely gets to show it. TL's arm strength is beyond most NFL QBs. He needs to focus on keeping the long ball inbounds too. Hard to catch it when its off the field of play.

I would have liked to see CB for a series or two

Nov 12, 2018, 11:11 AM

you just couldnt' afford a turnover. It was still a closer

Nov 13, 2018, 8:37 AM

than expected game at 27-7. Seems like CB throws a pick on his initial drive about every time he plays.There's no need to bring him in and that occur against a good secondary. The only thing i would change is not throwing the ball with 7 minutes to go... i would just have fed Etienne and tried to run the clock more. We threw the ball and stopped the clock multiple times on that drive and it didn't really make sense. But that's all there is to second guess in that game and it wasn't bad or anything it was just minimal.

Re: you just couldnt' afford a turnover. It was still a closer

Nov 13, 2018, 9:25 AM

I was wanting the D to hold them to under 100 yards total offense and if we would have ran the ball they may have never touched it again in the game. We should score many points this week but can't wait to see how our D does against Duke's O.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2018, 5:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Trevor Lawrence deep balls ]

Brice's arm is quite as stong as TL, so easier for him to do that. TL will get there.

Nov 13, 2018, 1:12 AM

Was supposed to be NOT quite as strong as TLs. Also, he may have been here a year longer, buthe doesn't have more game experience at this point. There's no way they should be taking YL out. He needs to play all 4 quarters these last games. He needs that for the playoffs. And, SORRY, but the future is NOW because TL is that great!

Nov 12, 2018, 10:37 AM

^ look at all the yardbirds chiming in on our QB situation ^ .
There is no doubt that Trevor Lawrence has not reached his full potential , but his 70% is better than just about every other QB playing right now at 100% . His ceiling is out of reach for all but a few per generation.

DB23

Nov 12, 2018, 10:45 AM

I was thinking that Saturday night , Boston wind was probably his first game throwing in that kind of wind . It was rough on the kicking game also .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2018, 12:25 PM

Honestly, I would like to see our receivers lay out for some of those..... like Mike Williams used to lay out for them. I can understand not trying if it is way overthrown, but when you are 6'4"+, you can cover a lot of ground with an outstretched dive. It's only going to get better and better. I have lots of confidence in TL and these receivers.

Nov 12, 2018, 12:33 PM

Chuck Town Tiger See Baylor. See Oklahoma. Manziel when he was in the A&M air raid/spread. Or Tua this year! If you put more air under it and hit those WR's in stride a DB can only either interfere or give up a TD. The more accurate you are on those means "no safety in the box"!

I agree - TL is just a freshman and has more talent than most QB's who have been playing for a few years in college. But, he has to figure out this deep ball thing! What's weird is a lot of H.S. QB's struggle with all the other passes TL has mastered but have the deep ball down. Just shows you how much of a unique talent the young man is!

I have full confidence he will get better throwing it deep to "The Sharks"! a.k.a they kill you deep!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2018, 6:03 PM

I hope you guys realize the deep ball is a low percentage play to begin with at any level.

Nov 12, 2018, 6:25 PM

@TTigerCFA

And you do realize the deep ball is instant offense and can keep a defense honest right? You simply must make everyone we would have to face in a potential bowl match up or NCG respect your ability to throw it successfully!

It's a low percentage play if you rarely ever do it! Just like passing back in the day was thought to "liberal/risky" instead of a more "conservative" 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Now teams are pitching it all over the field b/c you practice it harder and w/real intent on using it. Art Briles made a really good living using it. He never won it; but he had Baylor(about like saying Wake) ranked at the top of the mountain for long stretches as well as made them one of the most feared offenses in the country!

We have struggled to run against 1 high safety when teams forced us to it. Which means teams will likely throw different coverages at TL and make him make the right reads. He has done well in this area in large part; but we could help him out even more by throwing it deep successfully the next few weeks! It puts out film the Defensive staff will have to account for and adjust for; which should open up everything else.

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have yours descended?***

Nov 12, 2018, 6:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Have yours descended?***

Nov 12, 2018, 6:22 PM

Milk Thistle has made them a might dough-e...

He is doing great but he seems

Nov 13, 2018, 1:45 AM

To let it slide off of his hand a little early on deep balls thus causing the ball to drift a little to the right. But then again I am an armchair QB.

Re: He is doing great but he

Nov 13, 2018, 3:13 AM

Needs to take a quick peek at the rush... seems to be having problems sometimes picking up the blitz ... don’t want to see him blindsided. Getting in the playoffs the intensity will be ramped up...

No way this is a serious post. Concerned? No, want him to

Mar 28, 2024, 9:56 AM

hit them all? Yes. But concerned? Geexe, Louise, he's a freshman and is incredible and getting better.
If you're going to be concerned, make it about something important, like dippin dots or chrome.

Whew, that feels better.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic