Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trevor Lawrence and the Heisman
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Trevor Lawrence and the Heisman

Oct 29, 2018, 8:32 AM

I know some people don't care about the Heisman, so let's leave that issue out of this discussion.

1. Any chance he gets in the race this year and gets an invite to the selection this year?

2. Do you think he wins it next year?

May answers.

1. I don't know.

2. I think he wins it next year and the following year as well.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trevor Lawrence and the Heisman

Oct 29, 2018, 8:40 AM

first, why does the Heisman committee even consider true freshman? it seems ridiculous to me.

second, he wasn't the starter for a good portion of the regular season.

Oct 29, 2018, 8:50 AM

Why shouldn't they consider true freshman? Year of eligibility has never been a factor. As far as him not starting, he played plenty. Why does he have to start all year?

Oct 29, 2018, 9:32 AM

Carlsbad® said:

Why shouldn't they consider true freshman? Year of eligibility has never been a factor. As far as him not starting, he played plenty. Why does he have to start all year?

Year of eligibility was always a factor until Michael Vick came along, he may have been the first freshman to ever be invited. The award used to be like a lifetime achievement award for the best college players over the course of their college career. It still required an outstanding season on the part of the player. But one season BV “before Vick” (even for Michael Vick wasn’t enough). It also required the player have some outstanding character. All those requirements went out the winDow the year Manzell won the Heisman. Seems like the requirements to win the award have become a moving target lately. Since Vick came along it evolved to be for the best player on the best team. But then that seemed to change the year Deshaun was snubbed in favor of Lamar Jackson. The award has since lost a lot of credibility in my eyes.

It’s not really the award though, it’s really a reflection of the media who vote on it. So you can really look back on the award to see which years the media had the least credibility. It seems to have lost its shine, and for that I mirror Dabos sentiment. The Heisman has missed out on some great players over the years, I don’t feel sorry for those players i feel sorry for the Heisman who now has to live with Johnny manzell in its Heisman house.

Oct 29, 2018, 9:34 AM

It's season by season and has been that way for decades. It's how it should be. It's based on the season.

Oct 29, 2018, 8:46 AM

No chance this year.
Next year, a top contender if he gets to play enough, can't win it without good stats.

Oct 29, 2018, 8:58 AM

No chance of invite? I think it is very slim too. I wouldn't say no chance.

He doesn't have a big November game to make up ground

Oct 29, 2018, 8:49 AM

Unless Tua completely melts down vs LSU or Kyler murray loses 1 or 2 more times TL has no chance to win...and Would probably still be a long shot to even get invited. Too many other good players in CFB this year.

At this point if you're a Clemson fan you shouldn't give 2 shids about the Heisman after we have been shunned several years.

Re: He doesn't have a big November game to make up ground

Oct 29, 2018, 8:56 AM

Yeah, he has no chance to win this year. The question was whether he would be invited. I think a long shot as well. Maybe he throws 7 TD's vs Louisville. He may throw another 30 TD's still. He may work his way in there for an invite. I agree it is doubtful though.

Next year, I think he wins and at worst is 2nd in voting. My call is that he wins it next year and the following. He will be the first player since Archie Griffin to win back to back Heismans.

I’m still pissed about DW not winning it in 2015.

Oct 29, 2018, 8:58 AM [ in reply to He doesn't have a big November game to make up ground ]

Bama could have inserted 10 other RBs that year and would have had the same #s. Clearly DW was the best and most valuable player in the country that year.

I understand that Lamar J won it the next year; also could argue DW was better bc he won Natty but LJ had crazy #s that year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’m still pissed about DW not winning it in 2015.

Oct 29, 2018, 9:00 AM

No doubt.

Oct 29, 2018, 8:51 AM

Next year if he keeps putting up PlayStation stats.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2018, 8:52 AM

Winner for this year has already been selected. Just as in the previous few years it’s decided by week 3 by the sports media.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2018, 8:57 AM

What does that have to do with what was asked?

Oct 29, 2018, 9:04 AM

Right now Trevor has the 9th best odds to win the Heisman. Pretty impressive for not starting a bit. I am just talking invite too. We all know that there are a few that get invites that have no chance of winning. I agree with everyone the invite is a long shot though.

https://www.oddsshark.com/ncaaf/odds-win-heisman-trophy

Oct 29, 2018, 9:35 AM

Dabo would have to pull a Petrino and leave Trevor in to pad his stats.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2018, 9:40 AM

No doubt. It's not happening. Good point.

Oct 29, 2018, 10:04 AM

Stats don’t matter, He can’t be considered until he hurdles another player.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic