Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is Saban getting tired or lazy?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Is Saban getting tired or lazy?

Jul 17, 2019, 8:52 PM

“Failing to prepare is like preparing to fail!”
- Ben Franklin

The fact that Saban and his players both claim they weren’t prepared indicates to me that little Nicky is losing the juice just like the ole ball sac did!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He didn’t even prepare for the copycat ....

Jul 17, 2019, 9:16 PM

.... plays !!!!??! Really don’t understand that !! To me - it means he was supremely confident !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

So you’re saying . . .

Jul 17, 2019, 9:21 PM

“He ate the cheese?”

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep and from the way Buggs looked chasing ETN on that last

Jul 17, 2019, 9:45 PM

long run....It looked like they were Double Cheeseburgers...

Re: Yep and from the way Buggs looked chasing ETN on that last

Jul 18, 2019, 7:49 AM

.... And a lot of them - Spud !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Re: So you’re saying . . .

Jul 18, 2019, 7:48 AM [ in reply to So you’re saying . . . ]

He did - Skeeta .... absolutely!! -:D

Re: Is Saban getting tired or lazy?

Jul 17, 2019, 9:53 PM

Isn't that a line from 'Lyin Eyes' ?

Maybe he's so far gone he feels just like a fool.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tired - Nick has to work very hard to onboard a new staff

Jul 17, 2019, 10:06 PM

every year. He is exhausted and the staff disjointed - by playoffs some looking for next gig.

He is a phenomenal coach but lack of continuity takes a toll.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tired - Nick has to work very hard to onboard a new staff

Jul 18, 2019, 1:39 AM

That has been my take as well.

He also had a hip going out on him and was in obvious significant pain, and it showed. When you're 67 years old, that matters. It beats you down, hard. Heck, I know. I'm 44 and recovering from major surgery wipes you out, leaves you a shell of yourself...for a long, long time.

When you've got to train up an entire gaggle of new coaches - every year - that beats you down further.

As they say, amateurs talk tactics. Professionals talk logistics. That national title game wasn't won or lost in the 10 or so days after the last playoff game, it was won (for us) and lost (for Alabama) in the the months prior...when our guys were getting coached up and developed by a veteran, cohesive staff that knew what they were trying to teach and achieve inside and out because they'd all done it a dozen times before...whereas on the Bama side, a single older coach with a bad wheel was trying to impart concepts to a bunch of new (and not especially loyal) hired guns. Who are also gone again this year - yes, Saban's got 7 new coaches again in 2019.

All of that showed in that 28-point beatdown. A lot.

Re: Tired - Nick has to work very hard to onboard a new staff

Jul 18, 2019, 7:57 AM

Agree - Quozzel ... Bama is just that much better athletically than most of their opponents that they win anyway.. But - imho - Clemson is as good athletically and better coaching wise - and as a result - won easily...

Tired - Nick has to work very hard to onboard a new staff

Jul 17, 2019, 10:06 PM

every year. He is exhausted and the staff disjointed - by playoffs some looking for next gig.

He is a phenomenal coach but lack of continuity takes a toll.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is Saban getting tired or lazy?

Jul 17, 2019, 11:14 PM

Very valid question. But with regards to the championship game I think the question is lazy or arrogant - or both. Did he think they didn’t need to prepare and would simply walk all over us? Or the opposite- did he sense we were going to win no matter what?
Honestly he looked like he thought they were going to lose before the first snap.

Hey man don't compare Saban to Spurrier..

Jul 18, 2019, 12:28 AM

??????

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic