Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tips on travel to Bay Area
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Tips on travel to Bay Area

Dec 30, 2018, 11:53 AM

If anyone needs any tips or travel advice for the game let me know. I lived and worked in the area for 2 years and had to drive thru that overpriced and overpopulated sanctuary city. The game is just south of San Fran and in the heart of Silicon Valley. You’ll find that there is a ton of trash everywhere and it’s a construction nightmare. Btw motorcycles can drive between two cars side by side on the road in traffic, just letting you know so you aren’t surprised like I was lol.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great point on motorcycles.. for real. Pay attention!

Dec 30, 2018, 11:56 AM

You'll be standing still in traffic and a motorcycle will fly by at 30-40mph between lanes. Be careful switching lanes!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

that always blows me away when I visit cali

Dec 30, 2018, 12:00 PM

it seems crazy to me. There HAS to be a lot of crashes because of that. Nothing like 6 lanes of traffic both directions stop and go at most any time of day.

I like my 7 minute drive to work every day during rush hour. It's only 6 minutes when traffic is light.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tips on travel to Bay Area

Dec 30, 2018, 1:20 PM

Hello, Clemson fans! First of all, congratulations on earning another shot at the national title. I'm a Stanford fan who hates Notre Dame, so it was satisfying watching you deliver them another bowl-game beatdown. I'll be pulling for you once again against Alabama.

I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area in Sunnyvale (a neighboring town to Santa Clara) and returned as an adult and live there for two other years. I have been only one event at Levi's Stadium (2014 Foster Farms Bowl, which I admit did not see the kind of attendance the national championship will), but I did ride Amtrak's Capitol Corridor Levi's Stadium/Great America station and I'm familiar with the area near the stadium.

Where do you all plan to stay during your trip to the Bay Area? I figure that some of you might be staying 45 miles to the north in San Francisco and some of you might be staying in the Santa Clara/San Jose area. The area is sprawling and it's easy for newcomers to underestimate how difficult it can be to get around, but it has a lot of offer and maybe I can provide some guidance.

I'm also curious about where Clemson fans plan to stay because I am, for lack of a better term, a currency enthusiast and I hope to hit up some banks when I visit family in February and track down some of the famous Clemson $2 bills.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Take lots of $$$$$!!!!!

Dec 30, 2018, 1:28 PM

It costs to breathe the bad air out there and to alot to move around. Caltrain costs money.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic