Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tiger & the US Open
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Tiger & the US Open

Jun 16, 2019, 4:29 PM

I am not a big Tiger fan, but he is good for golf and anything that is good for golf is fine with me. However, I do not want to see all 82 of his strokes on a day when he is out of the tournament and is playing like he can't wait to get to the clubhouse!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tiger & the US Open

Jun 16, 2019, 4:32 PM

That’s the entire reason I was glad he was gone, I got to see all the other golfers. Now he is back and hogging the camera, deserved or undeserved other golfers don’t get that. I like him but don’t like coverage when he plays.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2019, 4:53 PM

Golf announcers are so biased towards him its nauseating. He was tied for 52nd and he is all they talk about. I usually mute it. Its so refreshing when he is through playing for the day and you don't have to watch him go to the bathroom, eat a banana, or drink a Gatorade. Geez.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly...been thinking the same thing!!***

Jun 16, 2019, 6:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Tiger & the US Open ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Grateful he went to Stanford . . .

Jun 16, 2019, 6:10 PM

and not some sec team!!!

Can you imagine those buggers ranting about him throughout football season!!!

So glad he's done for the day so I can watch Koepka and Woodland duke it out!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And, except for the excessive coverage of Tiger, Fox has

Jun 16, 2019, 6:38 PM

done an outstanding job!

Fox has done a really nice job

Jun 16, 2019, 7:04 PM

I'd love it if Joel Klatt stuck to golf too

Jun 16, 2019, 6:44 PM

I’ve watched every second of US open coverage this week and they haven’t done that at all. The first day when Rose was tearing it up along side him they focused more on Rose. Yesterday after the leaders started you didn’t see Tiger at all.

The media does adore him at times, but he’s the greatest of all time so he deserves it. He’ll pass Sam Snead for most wins all time soon and more than likely pass Jack for majors and Tiger faced much better competition than either of those two.

Whose scok is this?***

Jun 16, 2019, 7:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jun 16, 2019, 7:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Tiger & the US Open ]

you have not watched "every second" because you have no idea what you are talking about .... period.

Jun 16, 2019, 7:54 PM

I actually have. You probably turned it on for the first time today and saw Tiger hit a couple shots and ran to the internet to hate on him.

Not saying they don’t do it, but it hasn’t been a Tiger love fest this week at all.

Jun 16, 2019, 10:48 PM

Haters gonna hate. Ofcourse they gonna show Tiger more than the others when the leaders are not on the course.

Jun 16, 2019, 10:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Tiger & the US Open ]

Wrong on all counts. Cannot hold a candle to Jack and will never pass him on the majors list. Remember Jack finished second 23 times in majors. Just because he is the media darling doesn't make him the greatest. I will not even go into his poor character and his fowl mouth.

"Good for golf"

Jun 16, 2019, 7:19 PM

I hear that about Tiger all the time from my coworkers, and I ask them what it means, and I never get a straight answer. Popularity? Money for sponsors? Big tips for hot waitresses? I have to say I really enjoy golf just as much without him, and I get to see the leaders actually play. If number of viewers and money is all that matters then I guess the Kardashians are good for America, yet I just don't get it.

Re: "Good for golf"

Jun 16, 2019, 7:41 PM

You need to ask someone in the golf industry rather than your co-workers who may not know why. First, more people watch the broadcasts, so that is better for TV ratings, sponsors, etc. The better they do, the better chance they will continue their sponsorships of tournaments. It gets more players back out to the golf courses. If you haven't been paying attention, we are closing about 100 - 150 golf courses a year m.... and maybe building a only a dozen or so per year. His presence sells more merchandise for companies that sponsor him. So many things.

Jun 16, 2019, 9:06 PM

I guess, I mean my interest in golf has been the same prior to Tiger, during, and after Tiger. I enjoy playing and watching just as much, regardless of how much Buick has to pay for a tv ad.

Jun 16, 2019, 10:50 PM

Many of the pro golfers today started playing golf because of Tiger. I also know many people who watch golf just when Tiger is in contention. He is great for golf. Like how MJ and LBJ were/are good for basketball.

Jun 16, 2019, 7:56 PM [ in reply to "Good for golf" ]

It’s good for golf because he’s won 15 majors and 81 pga tour events.

He’s the greatest golfer of all time and only one person is even close to him.

That’s why he’s good for golf.

Take a look at the size of his galleries. Haters like you are in the minority.

Jun 16, 2019, 8:26 PM

Who is a "hater" here you coot moron? According to who is he the greatest of all time. The last I checked Jack Nicklaus still leads him in majors, runner-up finishes in majors (by a bunch), and top ten in majors. According to your criteria Sam Snead would be the greatest if you are basing it on career wins and not Major championships.

Jun 16, 2019, 9:58 PM

Look at the way the game is played today compared to when Jack Nicklaus player. A par 5 was 486 yards. Today there are par 4’s over 500. Tiger revolutionized the game and is still winning majors.

He will most certainly pass Snead for most wins all time and will likely pass Jack. He’ll be competing in majors for a couple more decades.

Jun 16, 2019, 10:52 PM [ in reply to Re: "Good for golf" ]

Tiger in his prime was the best golfer of all time without a doubt. Jack would tell you the same.

Re:

Jun 16, 2019, 8:59 PM [ in reply to Re: "Good for golf" ]

Notre Dame and Michigan dominated once, doesn't mean I want to watch 99% of CFB coverage on them.

P.s. huge galleries look like a bunch of bandwagon fans...... prob have their tiger paws at 12 o'clock

Jun 16, 2019, 9:19 PM [ in reply to Re: "Good for golf" ]

O J Simpson was good for football too. Lots of merchandise sold with his likeness and jersey number on them. First NFL back to rush for 2,000 yards in a season. See the comparison?

Tigers womanizing, temper tantrums, egotism and f-bombs are only good for golf because America has lost its moral compass. Today we worship people and elect people to public office (Clinton) that our parents would have run out of the country. The moral and educational dummying down of our society has succeeded. And sadly it was done on purpose.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2019, 9:55 PM

Why do people like to you have to judge these athletes personally? Why can’t you just watch them play whatever sport they play? Any true golfer would appreciate watching Tiger Woods play the game.

And I pray to god you are including the election of Donald Trump in this statement....

“Today we worship people and elect people to public office (Clinton) that our parents would have run out of the country.”

Jun 16, 2019, 10:54 PM [ in reply to Re: "Good for golf" ]

You must be an old timer aye? Lol. I'm sure you are a perfect sin free Christian man.

Jun 17, 2019, 7:10 AM

That’s how these people on this board are about everything. They judge these athletes like they’ve never made a mistake in their lives and the sad thing is they probably all voted for Trump.

Jun 17, 2019, 8:30 PM

Truth! Making 2 or 3 mistakes that gets in the media does not make you a bad person.

Jun 16, 2019, 11:13 PM

Don't forget Jack played against Palmer, Player, Trevino, Casper and a bunch of hall of famers. Casper in the early 60s had more wins several seasons than the big three combined. The only HOF guy woods played against was Mickelson. Phil blew away some majors due to his go for broke attitude, which I admire. woods is the most over hyped athlete of all time, not to mention his lack of character and morals. On these issues, he cannot hold a candle to Jack. I will not even go into Hogan or Snead.

Jun 16, 2019, 11:57 PM

There are a couple of posters here that are having a hard time with comprehension. Tiger's career is not over, so it may be a little premature declaring him the "all time greatest" golfer. I have not heard anyone here say he was the all time greatest person in a morality sense, so what does that have with his golfing ability? I admire his golfing ability, not his lifestyle choices.

Being "good for golf" also is not an endorsement of his character, but as I and others have said, it os how his playing in tournaments and doing well energizes the sport on a number of different levels. I hope my son never emulates his lifestyle and character, but that is not what we are talking about. If being the greatest in their prime is criteria for GOAT, then why are we not talking about Bobby Jones?

Jun 17, 2019, 7:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Tiger & the US Open ]

First of all Tiger is still playing and he’s facing plenty of guys that will one day be in the hall of fame. The game is totally different now. Who knows if Jack could even compete in today’s game.

Second, Tiger’s character has absolutely nothing to do with his play on the course. So he curses? A lot of them do that. I’m sure you do to.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic