Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This years Tigers are better than the 2016 team.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,700

This years Tigers are better than the 2016 team.

Oct 21, 2018, 12:51 PM

First of all this Defense is way better and not going to have bad games.
The TAM game is all, it was the first game .
On O the WRs are just younger but will be just as good by Dec.
TL maybe not as polished as DW but will not throw 2 INTs a game.
This team will roll the rest of the season and with the defensive advantage over Bama, Win the National Championship.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This years Tigers are better than the 2016 team.

Oct 21, 2018, 1:09 PM

Hope you are on the money Little Grasshopper!

Oct 21, 2018, 1:10 PM

Offensively we have room to get way better, TE's still have not made a real appearance yet. To beat Bama you must play sound to great defense, plus be able to rush the QB. Clemson checks those boxes, nobody will run on this team. Offensively you must be at least able to run enough to keep them honest but the key is being able to vertically stretch the field. Clemson checks those boxes, so yeas CU can beat Bama.

Oct 21, 2018, 1:15 PM

We still have a lost more room to grow offensively. The potential is there and I think we're getting close.

Oct 21, 2018, 1:20 PM

In my opinion we have a lot to grow, TL missed on several deep balls, no TE involvement yet and the O-line still needs to move folks better. SO yeah I think that we are closer but what we will see game 13 will be a fully functioning Death Star.

Oct 21, 2018, 3:23 PM

TE have got work this year. Richards got stopped on the 1 inch line, Saturday.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2018, 2:54 PM [ in reply to Re: This years Tigers are better than the 2016 team. ]

I think most of us seem to forget that the 2016 offense didn’t really get rolling until later in the season. Given the fact that we just made a change at QB the argument (at this point) could be made that this offense could end up being better. Hard to believe but the OP may be right.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2018, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Re: This years Tigers are better than the 2016 team. ]

I look for the TE position to emerge, moving forward with TL.

Oct 21, 2018, 1:27 PM

I agree. The defense is better and will continue to improve because the coaches are older and wiser. The have used risk management beautifully this year. Putting players in games at times where it is unlikely they will be challenged based on the scheme but still getting them crucial reps with many different players of varying capabilities. That is a testament to team discipline. You have to do your job on defense when you try too much you can get burnt. But, do not believe that players play different with different personnel. There is a different level of help involved for each player. Our stars have upped our second and third levels to new heights.
Our offense is not as good yet, but given there progress by the end of the season I also expect them to be better. We need to work on limiting turnovers (good call on DW4's it's). DW4 was fearless and an INT did not bother him because he literally could score in seconds from anywhere. He believed it, he did it, and we knew he could do it. This team is more surgical and cannot afford costly turnovers. ETN has to improve in blocking. Not just pass protection, engaging and pushing. He lunges way too much. Defense will stunt and over commit to blitzing so we need to turn that to our advantage. We did well with that against NCSU but they did not over commit they blitzed probably 10 times. We will run into teams that start the game blitzing every time until we burn them badly.
Our coaching staff knows this and our progression is right on schedule. This is by far the best Clemson team I have seen. Our backup QB situation is the best we have had in awhile.

Oct 21, 2018, 3:11 PM

Yesterday’s game says it all, the secondary broke up more passes than ever in one game, than I remember.
No PI calls and did not give up one long pass.
If our secondary plays like this and keeps getting better ,this Defense will not give up many more TDS.
TL making those out throws is also going to be unstoppable.
It’s all coming together.

Well we gave up 1 long pass that was just flat out dropped

Oct 21, 2018, 5:47 PM

but drops happen

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2018, 3:21 PM

We are deeper as a program, like in equal footing as Bama now, just younger at QB, but by season's end I like TL/our D/over all developed depth.

Go Tigers!

Oct 21, 2018, 3:24 PM

I've said it for a while.

Oct 21, 2018, 5:42 PM

You got to be kidding. First, look at the ACC strength or lack of. Florida State and Louisville are pitiful. With that said, we don’t have any teams that will stress this team until the playoffs and the only team that stacks up is Bama.

Oct 21, 2018, 5:50 PM

Watson took a beating early and didn't get rattled. The QB play will tell the story like always.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,700
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic