Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This drug test is a farce!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,268

This drug test is a farce!!!

Dec 27, 2018, 4:00 PM

The players have the right to a fair hearing. It seems wrong that the NCAA can serve as prosecutor AND judge. The players have the right to present their case. Maybe we need an arbitrator.

The more i think about how this process is playing out, the madder i get. There could be sabotage involved (ND or Bama fan spiking our food). And is a ridiculously small amount of this chemical, which could have come from anywhere, really a big enough problem to result in suspensions?!?! Innocemt until PROVEN guilty, right? It could take weeks to PROVE this or disprove this.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This drug test is a farce!!!

Dec 27, 2018, 4:02 PM

I think you've pretty much captured the sentiment of just about all of us.

Frustrating as hail!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2018, 4:11 PM

I was thinking the NCAA should be fired, and another type of system put in for the rules and the rule breakers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They’re a joke...time to secede from the NCAA!!!***

Dec 27, 2018, 4:14 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2018, 4:27 PM

Its the timing of it that hurts, if this happens before the season there is time for the hearing and all that. But not in a week in a half. I just don't like how it all played out, even that the test happened 3 weeks ago, but they are going to say something about it the week of the game. Then you have that its about as small a trace as you can possibly have show up on a test, nothing adds up to just clear cut and dry. I would feel better about it if it was cut and dry and there was nothing to really speculate....much like Cain and our idiot kicker a few years ago. But this is different, very cloudy and leaves a lot to speculate and wonder over.

Dec 27, 2018, 5:03 PM

I, guess you forgot the Brett Kavanaugh hearings?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is not a criminal situation so stop thinking......

Dec 27, 2018, 5:28 PM

of it like you would a criminal trial. It's not a matter of presenting evidence and having a trial. The procedures are if a drug test fails then a player is suspended. The follow-up/confirmation is the "B" test sample. If it also fails, then the suspension is upheld.

Those are the NCAA policies and they are what all school and football programs agree to abide by.

He either has the forbidden substance in his blood or he doesn't - it's that simple.

Stop thinking of Dex as guilty or innocent. He didn't do anything intentional or knowingly. But these things happen. But the policy is immediate suspension. The question to be sure of is how long it will last.

Re: This is not a criminal situation so stop thinking......

Dec 27, 2018, 6:02 PM

The only exception to what you're saying being I don't recall too many (or ANY) stories of players failing drug tests (especially 3 like in this case) where the source is unknown and all 3 cannot figure out any source of the potential ingestion, in addition to the fact that it is literally being reflected in such small trace amounts that it does not indicate any actual usage of a supplement but rather some type of contact contamination they encountered environmentally.

Do you recall very many other failed drug cases in the NCAA or any of the major sporting committees for that matter are similar to this situation?

I know we have the rules are rules folks that live a nice, steady life with their horse-blinders on but I think most of us wish their could be a modicum of common sense and sanity injected into this ridiculous situation.

If the punishment literally results in NOTHING that you can learn from to improve upon in the future, then what exactly is the point of it? Other than satisfying other jealous fans that would want the punishment to be enforced 'just cause' unless they were in our situation with no idea what happened, no idea what caused it and no idea how to even possibly avoid what might have caused the contamination going forward? Pointless.

PS: Also, not sure if it was a made-up statistic or not given all the jokes going on....but someone earlier yesterday had said something about the NCAA so far having 51ish cases of Ostarine in its history and 48ish of them being overturned/cleared. So it also seems unfair that this may very well be overturned but AFTER the games and once the damage is already done. It seems like they should take that historical outcome into consideration as well.

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,268
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic