Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This Coach Absolutely Gets It
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

This Coach Absolutely Gets It

Jul 12, 2019, 9:51 AM

I have lived in the south all my life. Never did take much to hockey, but after watching the video of a hockey coach named John Krupinsky from Connecticut yesterday I think I could learn to love it.

I have struggled for a long time now with watching athletes and actors try to become the moral compass of our fine country. Not surprised the women's soccer team was selected over our Tigers for best team the other night. After all, they are the flavor of the month and ESPN fell right in line with awarding a bunch of women who do not share my patriotic or moral values.

I realize it is a minor league hockey team, but this is exactly the manner in which teams should act while being paid to play a game. The NFL, who is so large it basically owns a day of the week, should take notice and handle their business in this fashion.

I watched the interview on Fox last night and the coach made it clear that the players have the right to protest ON THEIR OWN TIME not while they are on the ice!!

If you haven't seen the video check it out.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This Coach Absolutely Gets It

Jul 12, 2019, 9:57 AM

Thanks. How can I find said video?

Jul 12, 2019, 10:12 AM

Hockey: A big fight where every once in a while a game breaks out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed! I've copied the link below

Jul 12, 2019, 10:14 AM

https://ijr.com/john-krupinski-national-anthem-video/

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's the video of what he told the team!

Jul 12, 2019, 10:20 AM

https://twitter.com/moran_glenn/status/1148369504537370631

Jul 12, 2019, 10:23 AM

Cant remember for sure, but seems like it was the VT Basketball coach who actually made his young men stand there, learn the protocol, stand firmly and learn all the words. Coaching us not always just about X and Os. As CDS has proven time and time again, they also mold young men.

Jul 12, 2019, 12:17 PM

It was Buzz Williams, former VT coach ...... sure made me a Buzz Williams fan!

Jul 12, 2019, 10:27 AM

This board would be so much better if posters kept it to football and not politics. There are other more appropriate forums for that.

Jul 12, 2019, 10:33 AM

Oh geez. Everyone goes on and on about how 'free' America is, but when someone actually exercises that freedom in a way they don't approve of, they condemn it.

I don't support their views but I do support their right to express them. Freedom means free for everyone, not just for those we agree with.

Yes, and I support your right to disagree with the OP...

Jul 12, 2019, 10:37 AM

as much as his right to disagree with the protester.

See, you're all the same, Trojan mens, protected.

You have a wonderful weekend F2.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes, and I support your right to disagree with the OP...

Jul 12, 2019, 10:44 AM

So.. If i disagree with your disagreement of his disagreeing, does that mean it's all covered under the invisible blanket of freedom? Am I doing it correctly?

Fairly certain I supported his right to be "wrong"...

Jul 12, 2019, 10:47 AM

and wished him the very well on this fine, upcoming weekends.

Does that about cover it or is a Magnum needed here?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Magnum? Mmmm...

Jul 12, 2019, 12:45 PM

Ice cream! ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haha, good Friday to you, Salty. Hope your week's end...

Jul 12, 2019, 12:53 PM

is mo better of the same.

Jul 12, 2019, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Yes, and I support your right to disagree with the OP... ]

So.. If i disagree with your disagreement of his disagreeing, does that mean it's all covered under the invisible blanket of freedom? Am I doing it correctly?

Very well said. The Invisible blanket smiles down at you.
I would bet that you are a descendant of Thomas Jefferson!

:)

Jul 12, 2019, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Yes, and I support your right to disagree with the OP... ]

Yes you are correct DSP, I am write and everyone else is wrong.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend too my friend.

:)

Haha, of course you are...

Jul 12, 2019, 10:47 AM

not.

Be well leftist.

Re: Haha, of course you are...

Jul 12, 2019, 10:52 AM

Call me Che.

Jul 12, 2019, 12:15 PM [ in reply to Re: This Coach Absolutely Gets It ]

Nailed it.

Actually, no he didn't and that's how stupid people are...

Jul 12, 2019, 12:25 PM

The right of free speech/expression is protected, but not from criticism.

People's RIGHT to criticize other's expression, the how so to speak and in this case, is just as protected, most of you are just too fugging stupid to recognize it.

See, that's ME exercising my right of free expression by calling it, you, Felix and anyone else that pointed that stupidity, what it is.

It never ceases to amaze me just how basic the

Jul 12, 2019, 12:51 PM

First Amendment is, and yet so many people have no comprehension of what it means.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

They are simply too drunk on emotion for the 'common good'...

Jul 12, 2019, 1:00 PM

much less their own.

Perhaps many on here need a quick history refresher...

Jul 12, 2019, 11:21 AM

Perhaps many should read up on our Bill of Rights, and look more closely at the First Amendment, especially regarding the Right to petition in the United States and Freedom of assembly, and of course Freedom of speech and of the press.

For those open and well, who seek out information to expand their views and open their eyes to perspectives that both potentially support and contradict personal opinions and beliefs, read on.

Note: for those who know what they know and only want to know and follow what they want, you can skip this because I doubt facts, information and perspectives will prove valuable to such constrained narrowmindedness.

Justice William J. Brennan, Jr. wrote in the decision that "if there is a bedrock principle underlying the First Amendment, it is that government may not prohibit the expression of an idea simply because society finds the idea offensive or disagreeable."[120] Congress then passed a federal law barring flag burning, but the Supreme Court struck it down as well in United States v. Eichman (1990).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_petition_in_the_United_States
In the United States the right to petition is guaranteed by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, which specifically prohibits Congress from abridging "the right of the people...to petition the Government for a redress of grievances".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_petition
Although often overlooked in favor of other more famous freedoms, and sometimes taken for granted,[1] many other civil liberties are enforceable against the government only by exercising this basic right.[2] The right to petition is regarded as fundamental in some republics, such as the United States, as a means of protecting public participation in government.[1]

https://billofrightsinstitute.org/founding-documents/bill-of-rights/

The first 10 amendments to the Constitution make up the Bill of Rights. James Madison wrote the amendments, which list specific prohibitions on governmental power, in response to calls from several states for greater constitutional protection for individual liberties. For example, the Founders saw the ability to speak and worship freely as a natural right protected by the First Amendment. Congress is prohibited from making laws establishing religion or abridging freedom of speech. The Fourth Amendment safeguards citizens’ right to be free from unreasonable government intrusion in their homes through the requirement of a warrant.

The Bill of Rights was strongly influenced by the Virginia Declaration of Rights, written by George Mason. Other precursors include English documents such as the Magna Carta, the Petition of Right, the English Bill of Rights, and the Massachusetts Body of Liberties.

One of the many points of contention between Federalists, who advocated a strong national government, and Anti-Federalists, who wanted power to remain with state and local governments, was the Constitution’s lack of a bill of rights that would place specific limits on government power. Federalists argued that the Constitution did not need a bill of rights, because the people and the states kept any powers not given to the federal government. Anti-Federalists held that a bill of rights was necessary to safeguard individual liberty.

Madison, then a member of the U.S. House of Representatives, altered the Constitution’s text where he thought appropriate. However, several representatives, led by Roger Sherman, objected, saying that Congress had no authority to change the wording of the Constitution. Therefore, Madison’s changes were presented as a list of amendments that would follow Article VII.

The House approved 17 amendments. Of these, the Senate approved 12, which were sent to the states for approval in August 1789. Ten amendments were approved (or ratified). Virginia’s legislature was the final state legislature to ratify the amendments, approving them on December 15, 1791.

The Bill of Rights
Amendment I - Freedom of Religion, Speech, and the Press
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment II - The Right to Bear Arms
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Amendment III - The Housing of Soldiers
No soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Amendment IV - Protection from Unreasonable Searches and Seizures
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment V - Protection of Rights to Life, Liberty, and Property
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Amendment VI - Rights of Accused Persons in Criminal Cases
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

Amendment VII - Rights in Civil Cases
In suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise reexamined in any court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

Amendment VIII - Excessive Bail, Fines, and Punishments Forbidden
Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Amendment IX - Other Rights Kept by the People
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment X - Undelegated Powers Kept by the States and the People
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

https://www.tep-online.info/laku/usa/rights.htm

The Rights and Freedoms of Americans
(From: Hartley, William H., Vincent, William S.. American Civics. N.Y., 1974, pp. 34ff)
In drafting the Constitution, most of the Founding Fathers believed that the safeguards written into it would protect the rights of Americans. But when the Constitution was sent to the states in 1787 for ratification, a great roar of disapproval went up. In Virginia, Patrick Henry protested vigorously against the lack of a specific statement of rights. Other Americans from different states demanded that a Bill of Rights be added to the Constitution. A number of states ratified the Constitution only conditionally. That is, they would approve the Constitution only if it were changed to include these rights.

Two years after the new American government went into effect, the Bill of Rights was added as the first ten amendments to the Constitution. Congress discussed nearly 200 proposals for amendments before it presented these ten to the states for approval. The states ratified these amendments, and they became part of the Constitution in 1791.

THE BILL OF RIGHTS

The first ten amendments to the Constitution, or the Bill of Rights, set forth the priceless rights or freedoms that all Americans may enjoy. A brief summary of these great freedoms is given here.

FREEDOM OF RELIGION

The first right, or freedom, guaranteed in the Bill of Rights is freedom of religion. This right is guaranteed in the First Amendment. Freedom of religion guarantees to all Americans the right to practice any religion they choose, or to practice no religion at all.

Congress is forbidden to establish any religion as our nation's official religion. Congress cannot favor any one religion over others or tax citizens in order to support any one religion.

FREEDOM OF SPEECH

The right to express your ideas and opinions when you speak is called freedom of speech. Freedom of speech also means the right to listen to the thoughts and opinions of others. This freedom guarantees that Americans are free to express their thoughts and ideas about anything. They may talk freely to their friends and neighbours or speak in public to a group of people. Of course, no one may use his freedom of speech to injure others. If a person knowingly says things that are false about another, he may be sued in court by the person or persons who believe they have been harmed by what he said.

Americans are free to express opinions about their government or anything else. They are free to criticize the actions of the government and of government officials. In a dictatorship, where the nation's government has all the powers, the people have no right to speak like this. They do not dare to criticize the actions of the government. If they do, they may be imprisoned. But all Americans enjoy the freedom of speech, which is guaranteed in the First Amendment.

FREEDOM OF THE PRESS

The freedom to express your ideas and opinions in writing is known as freedom of the press. This freedom is closely related to freedom of speech and is also guaranteed by the First Amendment.

Freedom of the press gives all Americans the right to express their ideas and thoughts freely in writing. This writing may be in newspapers, books, magazines, or any other printed or written form. Americans are also free to read what others write. They may read any newspaper, book or magazine they want. Because they are free to read a variety of facts and opinions, Americans can become better-informed citizens.

FREEDOM OF ASSEMBLY

Another priceless freedom guaranteed by the First Amendment is freedom of assembly, or freedom to hold meetings. Americans are free to meet together to discuss problems and to plan their actions. Of course, such meetings must be carried on in a peaceful way.

FREEDOM OF PETITION

The freedom of petition is the right to ask your government to do something or to refrain from doing something. The First Amendment contains this guarantee, also. The freedom of petition gives you the right to write to your Congressman and request him to work for the passage of laws you favor. You are free to ask him to change laws that you do not like. The right of petition also helps government officials to know what Americans think and what actions they want the government to take.

THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS

The Second Amendment to the Constitution guarantees Americans the right to bear arms. In the early years of our nation, Americans needed weapons in order to serve in the militia, or volunteer armies, that were established to defend our states. The militia provided protection during emergencies, too. Many Americans also believed that without weapons they would be powerless if the government tried to overstep its powers and rule by force.

"NO-QUARTERING" RIGHT

The Third Amendment states, "No soldier shall, in times of peace, be quartered in any house. . . ." Under British rule, the colonists sometimes had to feed and house British soldiers against their will. As a result, Americans wanted this practice forbidden under the Bill of Rights.

THE RIGHT TO EQUAL JUSTICE

The Bill of Rights contains many rights that are guaranteed to persons accused of a crime. Amendments Five, Six, Seven, and Eight are all concerned with these rights. Our nation places great importance on these rights in order to guarantee equal justice for all Americans.

A person must be indicted, or formally accused of a crime, by a group of citizens called a "grand jury" before he can be brought into court for trial.
A person accused of a crime is guaranteed the right to know what law he is accused of breaking.
A person accused of a crime has a right to a prompt public trial by a jury of his fellow citizens.
An accused person cannot be put into prison and kept there for weeks or months while awaiting a trial. He has the right to leave jail, in most cases, if he can raise a certain sum of money, or bail, as a pledge that he will appear at his trial.
An accused person has a right to a lawyer to represent him in court.
All the testimony and evidence against an accused person must be presented publicly in court.
The accused person has the right to call any witnesses to appear if their testimony will help him.
The accused person cannot be forced to testify or give evidence against himself.
If the accused person is found guilty, he cannot be given cruel or unusual punishment. If the accused person is found not guilty of a serious crime, he cannot be tried a second time for this same crime.
THE RIGHT TO OWN PRIVATE PROPERTY

The Fifth Amendment guarantees Americans the right to own private property. No person may take away anything that we own. Nor can the government seize our land, money, or other forms of property without cause, or without paying for it. The right to own private property is one of America's basic freedoms. Our free economic system is based upon this right.

THE RIGHT TO ENJOY MANY OTHER FREEDOMS

To make doubly sure that Americans should enjoy every right and freedom possible, Amendment Nine was added to the Constitution. This amendment states that the list of rights contained in the Bill of Rights is not complete. There are many other rights that all Americans have and will continue to have even though they are not mentioned in the Bill of Rights. Among them are the following.

Freedom to live or travel anywhere in our nation
Freedom to work at any job for which we can qualify
Freedom to marry and raise a family
Freedom to receive a free education in good public schools
Freedom to join a political party, a union, and other legal groups
As a final guarantee of our rights, the Tenth Amendment set aside many powers of government for the states. This Amendment says that all powers not given to the federal government by the Constitution, nor forbidden to the states, are set aside for the states, or for the people. This provision leaves with the states the power to act in many ways to guarantee the rights of their citizens.

SUMMARY

Government is the authority or power that people establish to help them run their affairs.
Governments serve many important purposes, but the most important one is that government makes it possible for people to live and work together. Government provides us with rules of conduct we can follow. Government makes it possible for people to live by known laws, and helps provide many services that citizens acting alone could not perform themselves.
Our nation's government is based on the American Constitution. This Constitution, together with its Bill of Rights and other amendments, provides us with a workable plan of government. The Constitution also guarantees to all Americans many priceless rights and freedoms.
Our nation's government is based upon the approval, or consent, of the people who are governed. It is a federal system in which certain powers are given to the national government and other powers are left to the states and to the people. Certain powers are shared by both federal and state governments. In both federal and state governments, powers are separated and balanced among three branches of government.

I don't care what the Constitution says

Jul 12, 2019, 11:31 AM

I DON'T LIKE KNEELING AND THEY SHOULD STAND

Pretty sure those thoughts & feelings are protected...

Jul 12, 2019, 11:33 AM

even if you're just jerking off.

Jul 12, 2019, 11:35 AM

I will put it this way:

In 2007, congress enacted specific legislation of private citizen must conduct themselves for the anthem.

36 U.S. Code § 301

If this is not an example of Government overreach, I do not know what is. At this time, a reasonable action would be to NOT comply if you disagree with the law because congress made it a political item (aka any legislation) when they passed 36USC301. When it was tradition and voluntary, fine... but now it is an act of government (not private) speech and an infringement when placed on the private citizen of the 1st.

Note, although law, it does not specify any punishment and thus is a true exercise of wasteful government.

Sorry, my libertarian side gets irked with stuff like this.

Jul 12, 2019, 12:06 PM

Approved by Obama?

Never mind. It says “should” instead of “must.” Nothingburger.

Message was edited by: tiger_swimmer®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

probably some old white dude that is out to

Jul 12, 2019, 1:49 PM

Lunch like the rest of us old white dudes

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic