Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Follow-Up: Championship Ticket Prices Continue to Drop
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,753

Follow-Up: Championship Ticket Prices Continue to Drop

Jan 5, 2016, 10:13 PM

Four decent upper deck tickets (section 436, Row 4) just sold on an eBay auction for $1,536 plus $30 shipping. That's $391.50 each for pretty good seats. Lower prices ahead for those who wait.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Follow-Up: Championship Ticket Prices Continue to Drop

Jan 5, 2016, 10:16 PM

That is good to hear. I am sure those who can wait to the day before or day of will pay less than face value. But I sleep better knowing I have a ticket in hand.

Re: Follow-Up: Championship Ticket Prices Continue to Drop

Jan 5, 2016, 10:18 PM

I too have tickets. But if I was a student with limited cash I would drive to the game and take my chances.

4,000 miles is a looooong r/t to take a chance on getting a

Jan 5, 2016, 10:46 PM

cheap ticket. I agree with you that there should be some cheap tickets but probably a lot of locals will be after those also.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got cheaper tickets for Orange Bowl than...

Jan 5, 2016, 11:52 PM

Gator Bowl. I paid less than $100 a piece for a club seat for the Orange Bowl. Then, we drove up to Jacksonville to take a chance in the Gator Bowl. We couldn't believe it that it's much less crowded, but tickets were harder to find and more expensive. It seems to me like more people took a chance, while less people showed up and so less number of tickets was available. That boosted the prices of the tickets in scalpers' hands up.

At the Orange Bowl, about an hour before the game, I saw a bunch of people were trying to get rid of their tickets. No on seemed to want them though. I bet one could find nice tickets for under $50.

That said, I would risk going to Arizona without a ticket. You'll never how it's gonna go, unless you're willing to pay all the way.

They may rise before the game

Jan 5, 2016, 10:26 PM

Many people got their tickets today from iptay and have extras. Some people are just looking to get rid of the extras at face. Once they're bought up, the demand could rise. I wouldn't bank on a drop. If its a decent seat, expect to pay a little over face. If its a corner or endzone, face is a good deal.

Re: They may rise before the game

Jan 5, 2016, 10:42 PM

I don't think prices are going up anytime soon based on the supply-demand situation. Just too expensive for the average family to justify the expense. If the game was in Atlanta you would be looking at high premiums to face value. I see way too many tickets offered at "wishful thinking" prices on the ticket broker sites, eBay and the TigerNet ticket exchange. I suspect there will be a capitulation phase where prices drop to ridiculously low prices and then they will rise. But we are nowhere near that point in the cycle yet. When I attended the Orange Bowl in 1982 my ticket had a FV of $15 and there were plenty for sale outside the stadium for $5. What a difference in 34 years!

Jan 6, 2016, 12:43 AM

I live in Sedona and am an avid Clemson fan and alumnus. I am so stoked about this game! I still don't have a ticket, but the StubHub office is 1/4 mile from the stadium, so if you wait last minute, you can go to the office and pick it up and still get in by kickoff. I'm expecting the drop in price due to Oklahoma and MSU fans trying to get rid of the ones they bought. There are still ALOT of tickets on secondary market sites.

Jan 6, 2016, 10:19 AM

Check your Tmail

It's still dropping. $3xx now!***

Jan 6, 2016, 2:29 PM

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,753
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic