Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The way Kelly will be remembered at Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

The way Kelly will be remembered at Clemson

Sep 26, 2018, 12:50 PM

Kelly just changed the way he will be remembered at Clemson forever. He’s not going to be remembered for all the good football he played. His name will always be followed by: “who quit Clemson in mid-season.” If he gets on another team this year or next, every mention of his name will be “Kelly Bryant, who lost the starting position at Clemson and quit”... That’s going to be the Kelly Bryant narrative.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Umm not gonna go quite that far

Sep 26, 2018, 12:54 PM

I’ll just remember him as a “me first” guy...

Sep 26, 2018, 12:56 PM

He’s not playing QB on the next level, but now he has put the team in a terrible position at QB depth. Hope he gets what satisfies him

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The way Kelly will be remembered at Clemson

Sep 26, 2018, 12:57 PM

Dabo said it best in the press conference on Tuesday.

'Do you let it destroy you, let it define you, or let it develop you?"

Sep 26, 2018, 1:05 PM

No, he said it best with " This is not middle school!".

Sep 26, 2018, 12:58 PM

Unfortunately, I think you are right about that. I wish he had someone he could get some good, mature advise from. His decision to transfer is a really BAD decision for him; one that he will come to regret. If he were to stay at Clemson, he would have become a better player. And, NFL recruiters would have looked at him more favorably.
I still wish him the best.

Go Tigers!

His Cousin Martavis Bryant? He has great advice!***

Sep 26, 2018, 2:19 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

who?***

Sep 26, 2018, 1:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Sep 26, 2018, 1:48 PM

yep I thought about that very same thing this morning.......he would been remembered for a lot of accomplishments and good things while at Clemson........but this will definitely tarnish that image......wish he would have taken the route of Hunter Johnson and left on a high note......Go Tigers!!!

Sep 26, 2018, 2:15 PM

Kelly "taking my ball and going home" Bryant will not be a pleasant legacy. It is a shame these kids don't have people in their support system to steer them away from terrible decisions like this.

#1 lesson to learn in life is never burn your bridges. You

Sep 26, 2018, 3:39 PM

never know when one of those people is going to be building your next bridge.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

...by the dumpers and losers here.

Sep 26, 2018, 2:17 PM

His coaches and teammates and real Clemson fans will understand why he made the decision for most of us would have done the same thing. You may too when you get older and gain a bit of objectivity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ...by the dumpers and losers here.

Sep 26, 2018, 2:52 PM

I have no problem with him making the decision, although I don't agree with it. It was his decision to make. My problem with him is the way he did it, going to the Greenville News before going to Dabo and then trashing the program. That is really low and something he will probably live to regret.

Re: ...by the dumpers and losers here.

Sep 26, 2018, 2:58 PM [ in reply to ...by the dumpers and losers here. ]

Sorry youre wrong. I played College football, was a walk on for three years and never played. Come back my senior year should be #1 on depth chart get a scholly and everything. Well guess what they move someone from another position. Guess what I did then. Played and accepted my spot. Worked hard and never complained. So please speak for yourself if you want to call yourself a quitter.

There's time to correct the record...

Sep 26, 2018, 3:00 PM

He should go to practice today and see what it is he'll be leaving behind. From what I can tell, as long as he doesn't play in another game then everything can stay the same and preserve his transfer to another school next year.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There's time to correct the record...

Sep 26, 2018, 3:26 PM

Sadly, Kelly burned that bridge with his parting shots about not getting a fair chance, feeling he had been slapped in the face. Who would want a sorehead around, infecting the team with his attitude? It’s best for the team that he pack up and leave ASAP. He made his choice, he had his say....now go.

Dabo Swinney was never anything but supportive of Kelly. Any time he said something good about Trevor, he was quick to add something positive about Kelly, to the point that it was commented on here as being annoying “coachspeak.” Maybe Dabo overplayed that, masked reality for Kelly.

Sep 26, 2018, 6:03 PM

I think the "parting shots" stuff is just the press weasels manipulating an emotional KB into saying things he normally would not just for the headline and clickbait. The only real jerks in this story are the journalists, who are all pretty much sociopaths.

I think KB is a class act who genuinely (if erroneously) thinks he has a shot to play QB at the next level and wants to look for a deal like the NC State "Russell Wilson" package where he plays for a year and gets high end QB coaching to try to make an NFL roster. I wish him luck. It is a shame he had to start at QB last year, because that would have been the year to redshirt and retrain as a WR or DB, which would greatly improve his NFL prospects. He has the athletic ability, but just not the arm.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic