Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruiting Reach
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,783

Recruiting Reach

Aug 1, 2018, 12:37 PM

It really is remarkable to see how our recruiting footprint has expanded throughout the country. Seems like everyday we are handing out offers to kids from states you would've never imagined 5-10yrs ago. I remember the days when reeling in talent from Florida was like "wow"! But now we can go and get whoever we want from wherever we want.

Enjoy these days Tiger fans! The best is yet to come

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hate to be a dumper, but

Aug 1, 2018, 12:39 PM

Dabo hasn't really made any inroads to either Dakota .... North or South.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hate to be a dumper, but

Aug 1, 2018, 2:01 PM

Wait by your computer....

Re: Recruiting Reach

Aug 1, 2018, 1:19 PM

I agree with what you have said and will add this question for our Tiger fans.... with regard to our 3star guys who choose Clemson from a number of school where they would likely play early......

CHOOSE A or B

A... three star recruits commit to Clemson because they like the atmosphere of the entire program and wish to be a part
of this winning tradition.

B... three star recruits like all the above mentioned perks plus, they aren’t afraid of the competition from higher ranked
Players and are confident they have the skills and work ethic to become a big time player at Clemson.

I ask this question because I was reading some articles about players making those decisions and it appears that some are concerned about the talent in this program. One particular article I read was about a highly regarded QB who I’m sure would have had a real interest in the Tigers if not for who he would compete with for the position.

It’s a nice problem to have if you’re the coach. I think that Dabo and his staff see a lot of promise in these young guys who aren’t at the top of the list and know they can make solid players from them in time. I would think that’s how recruiting goes. Many five stars expect to contribute right away so having too many could be a problem also. I think we have seen that recently. Go Tigers

There might be some top players that would shy away from too

Aug 1, 2018, 2:12 PM

much talent but I would think anyone worth their salt would welcome it, see Hunter Johnson, Trevor Lawrence, XT, KJ, etc, etc. Also that never seems to hurt Alabama, OSU, UGA or FSU (w/ Jimbo) recruiting as they draw in multiple 5 stars year after year after year. Just saying.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There might be some top players that would shy away from too

Aug 1, 2018, 2:56 PM

Hunter Johnson did welcome the challenge briefly and then realized he wasn't the guy. For XT and KJ, there are more snaps to go around for them since there's multiple DE's on the field at once and know that there will be even more snaps once Austin and Cle are gone next year. That's how Bama operates too; the guys mostly wait a year or two before they get on the field

Correct but that's all we can ask of a 5 star QB that could

Aug 2, 2018, 6:34 AM

start most anywhere, try the competition and if it looks like another 5 star is a little better than you and also younger, then I would expect them to transfer. The only thing I might question was him letting it play out this year because I think he would have gotten some PT and you just never know with football and injuries. Certainly can not blame him for wanting to start though! I'll still pull for him even though he is with NW now.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,783
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic