Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Then and Now.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Then and Now.

Oct 21, 2019, 8:16 PM

Just about ten years ago all the Tiger sports boards were filled with hundreds of posts related to the hiring of some unknown to be Clemson's head football coach. There were hundreds of posts decrying the hiring of someone who had never been a coordinator much less a head coach. Our program was doomed for failure. Used car salesmen just don't make for good football coaches. We needed a name coach and we needed to pay top dollar to get one. Oh, the perfidy of it all !!!!! Doom, gloom and everything bad. Why had our administration abandoned our hopes and dreams for success on the gridiron? Clemson would be the laughing stock of the football world. Placing our dreams for success in the hands of a kid with a name like Dabo was akin to treason.

Now, fast forward to 2019 and look at our Worry Number ONE, and that's a big ONE. "Are we going to make the playoffs so we can earn our third national championship in four years"? Ten years ago, any thought of having two more national championships by 2019 wasn't even a pipe dream. We were still waving the flags from our 1981 national championship year. And what about that brash young whippersnapper who had never been a coordinator much less a head coach that no one wanted. It would have been a simple task ten years ago to gather up a huge crowd to tar and feather our new coach and run him out of town on a rail. But no, I suppose we were just too chicken to follow up on our well laid plans and now all we can do is suffer the consequences and worry about our making the final four.

Sometimes life grants us gifts we really don't deserve but. in this case, I gladly and gratefully accept these gifts.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Then and Now.

Oct 21, 2019, 8:59 PM

I’m with you Uncle Joe !!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

See what you done did there Mr Joe!

Oct 21, 2019, 9:21 PM

You Sly Fox You!

LOL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Funny to go back to those old posts

Oct 21, 2019, 9:45 PM

https://web.archive.org/web/20091005001114/http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=742020

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic