Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Congrats Gary Woodland
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,548

Congrats Gary Woodland

Jun 16, 2019, 10:06 PM

Was kind pulling for Koepka but well deserved.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well done, for Woodland...but

Jun 16, 2019, 10:09 PM

There's little doubt at this point that Koepka is who everyone will be watching for the foreseeable future at the majors. He seem to know how to 'lock and load'...pretty impressive.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well done, for Woodland...but

Jun 16, 2019, 10:22 PM

both are amazing players

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The way Koepka started I thought he was going to

Jun 16, 2019, 10:26 PM [ in reply to Well done, for Woodland...but ]

Catch Rose and Woodland on the front nine!!!

His approach shots and some tee shots put him in catch up mode on several holes. He is definitely the strongest player at this time . . . Woodland just had the goods this weekend!!!

Loved in his interview after the tournament when asked about hitting the 3-wood on 14 . . . He simply said he decided to play to win!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The way Koepka started I thought he was going to

Jun 17, 2019, 2:05 AM

That 3-wood shot was great !! And then he rolled in the bird on 18 !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Re: Congrats Gary Woodland

Jun 16, 2019, 10:51 PM

For a guy who had gone 0-7 with the lead he maintained his composure and kept the lead in a US Open he played great. Best Open I have seen in quite awhile. No brown greens hard as the interstate, but difficult. Finally, the USGA got it right.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2019, 12:03 AM

Excellent and gutsy playing by Woodland. I know Mike Davis (USGA top dog) fairly well and he took a lot of heat over the years for course set-ups. This year they did get it right. Maybe they have gotten over the fact that finishing under par is not a negative reflection on the Open championship.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2019, 10:02 AM

I agree. Both played amazingly well. Woodland's putting was unbelievable. However, one would have thought alley cat Tiger Woods was near the lead because they constantly mentioned him. Don't know why the other players don't have something to say about that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,548
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic