Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Which is a tougher path to the championship
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Which is a tougher path to the championship

Dec 11, 2018, 12:37 PM

2016 where we beat Ohio State and Bama, or this year where we will beat Notre Dame and Oklahoma?

I think Notre Dame is better than that Ohio State team, but it's a tough choice between 2018 Oklahoma and 2016 Bama. Bama's defense was far better than Oklahoma's, but Oklahoma's offense is far better than that Bama team's offense.

Side note - After we play Oklahoma in the national championship game (which we will win by 20+), we will have played against 7 of the last 10 Heisman winners: Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield, Lavar Jackman, Derrick Henry, Jameis Winston, Cam Newton and Mark Ingram (I think Mark Ingram was on the Bama team that beat the ever loving shyatt out of good Christian man Tommy Bowden right?).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Which is a tougher path to the championship

Dec 11, 2018, 12:53 PM

It's a moot point because of what happened in 2016 has no bearing on this year.
What amazes me more than anything is some of you people just don't get it.
We play Notre Dame. We win, we go on and play the winner of Bama/OU.
We lose we go home.
How complicated is that? Why compare apples to oranges?
The 2016 Bama team is not playing the 2018 OU team.
And what does Ohio State have to do with Notre Dame?
They both beat Michigan.Whoopie!
And here is a side note for you, Look past Notre Dame, like you are doing, and they will be playing
the winner of the Bama /OU game.
I'm certainly glad our coaching staff isn't looking past Notre Dame.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2018, 12:56 PM

It’s amazing to me you’ve been here complaining about everything forever, but still respond to GWPTiger® posts as if they’re serious.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WHOA, Horsey!

Dec 11, 2018, 1:05 PM

GWPTiger®'s posts aren't serious?

Well, knock me over with a feather.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Dec 11, 2018, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Which is a tougher path to the championship ]

I take most of them seriously, especially if they have anything to do with the NC picture. Besides my car is in the shop with a dead battery, or alternator, and I got no way to go anywhere just yet.

Dec 11, 2018, 1:31 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Dec 11, 2018, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Which is a tougher path to the championship ]

What does North Carolina have to do with this?

Here's a side note for you moran

Dec 11, 2018, 1:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Which is a tougher path to the championship ]

I can look past any team I want and it has no impact on how our Tigers will play against Notre Dame.

What amazes me more than anything is that you just don't get it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Here's a side note for you moran

Dec 11, 2018, 1:10 PM

Don’t tell him the earth is flat and Sammy Watkins is the lizard king.

I don’t think he can handle it.

Re: Here's a side note for you moran

Dec 11, 2018, 1:34 PM [ in reply to Here's a side note for you moran ]

I do get it. I just believe in our coaching staff's way of looking at it.

And that's fine, to each his own

Dec 11, 2018, 1:56 PM

but why the need to respond to post after post after post telling fans on an internet sports message board that we should only focus on ND? You focus on ND and I will focus on beating Oklahoma by 20+. Cool? Cool.

Dec 11, 2018, 4:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Which is a tougher path to the championship ]

Are you related to the coot JHop?

Dec 11, 2018, 1:01 PM

Want a lawsuit on your hand?Go ahead and try it!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

GWP is one of the few...

Dec 11, 2018, 1:11 PM

...who wants a lawsuit on his hands.

Re: GWP is one of the few...

Dec 11, 2018, 1:12 PM

#ambulancechaser

It's poasts like this

Dec 11, 2018, 1:09 PM

why GWPTiger® should rarely Tnet anymore.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Just answer the question

Unless you don't know anything about football

The question is mute.

Dec 11, 2018, 1:27 PM

moran

Re: The question is mute.

Dec 11, 2018, 1:29 PM

Donny, you’re out of your element.

Also, Moran is not the preferred nomenclature dude.

he doesn't...He'll win the toss and choose to kick first

Dec 11, 2018, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Just answer the question ]

without deferring.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^that ain't right, he'll lose the toss and the other team

Dec 11, 2018, 1:52 PM

will defer and he will opt to kick and defend. There we go.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: he doesn't...He'll win the toss and choose to kick first

Dec 11, 2018, 2:25 PM [ in reply to he doesn't...He'll win the toss and choose to kick first ]

Was it leftie who was the guy who said we should "opt to kick" and then went on and on for seemingly forever about how he did indeed know what it means to defer insisting that he really did mean that opting to kick was a good idea?

No, you're thinking of Stanley

Dec 11, 2018, 3:18 PM

leftie may be a bit harsh and rough around the edges, but he is no psychopath like Stanley

Sorry dude. OU will not beat Bama (IMHO.)***

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

It's an internet sports message board

Dec 11, 2018, 1:12 PM

so there's no need for you to apologize for being wrong.

The answer is simple -

Dec 11, 2018, 1:14 PM

The 2016 Bama team had 0 Heisman winners on the roster, and the 2018 Oklahoma team has 1 Heisman winner on the roster. He's also a baseball player, so double-whammy.

That pretty much sums it up right there

Finally a serious answer. +1 for you***

Dec 11, 2018, 1:17 PM

Re: Finally a serious answer. +1 for you***

Dec 11, 2018, 3:56 PM

Thanks, I'm here to help

Dec 11, 2018, 1:31 PM

I think the 2016 path was harder. We were going up against an All Pro Bowl defense and nobody thought we had a chance.

Ohio St was a better team in 2016 than ND.

Dec 11, 2018, 1:33 PM

We just came to play that night. Ohio St in 2016 may have been the most talented team in the nation. Their OL was certainly lacking, though.

I think Oklahoma and Bama are maybe more dangerous than 2016 Bama just because of the offensive playmakers. Hurts was just freshman in 2016 and Bama's WRs are much better.

The Bama 2016 defense was elite, but the offense couldn't even get first downs on us. That will not be the case this year for either Bama or Oklahoma.

Re: Ohio St was a better team in 2016 than ND.

Dec 11, 2018, 1:35 PM

If we had DW4 or TL last year, I think we could have beaten Bama in the semis and UGA in the National championship. That would have been the tougher path, but we could have done it with DW4 for sure..

Last year's Bama team was certainly Saban's "worst" team

Dec 11, 2018, 1:38 PM

to win the Natty imo.

We just had a bad night against them. We would've beaten UGA with Kelly Bryant as long as he had a decent game.

I think a big part of that bad night was them being

Dec 11, 2018, 1:54 PM

fired up to beat us. It wasn't revenge they were after, it was a reckoning. If they had come out with that level of defensive intensity against UGA, they wouldn't have needed to make a switch to Tua at halftime.

The biggest factor in us losing to bama last year was...

Dec 11, 2018, 3:56 PM

Kelly B stinks. He was never going to win a CFP game against anybody.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The biggest factor in us losing to bama last year was...

Dec 11, 2018, 5:21 PM

I just found out that Knute Rockne Coached at Notre Dame and the four horsemen of the apocalypse played there.......so now all hope is lost.

Dec 11, 2018, 7:00 PM

I have no idea how bad or good the gold Somers are. They did not play anybody.

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic