Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The media bias is truly amazing, even locally. I just
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,294

The media bias is truly amazing, even locally. I just

Oct 20, 2019, 6:33 PM

watched WYFF's (Greenville, SC) sportscast, and they showed 3 plays from our game yesterday. 2 of them were Trevor's interceptions, and 1 was the TD to Ngata. These plays from a road game that we won 45-10. I admit we have not looked as dominant as last year, but this piling on is out of hand.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The media bias is truly amazing, even locally. I just

Oct 20, 2019, 6:35 PM

It’s how things work in modern culture/media, once a narrative starts it snowballs and then the reporting is done to fit the narrative like your example which is totally misleading of the game, but has to be fit into the narrative that we are no good.

People who can’t see this happening and can’t dig into things on their own are led like sheep to the slaughter. You have to develop and eye for it or it will engulf you.

Oct 20, 2019, 7:14 PM

truetiger1998 - exactly. Paint the picture exactly how "those not wise enough" to find out on their own will pick up on your narrative.
The question: why? That is where some people go when we say it's a anti-Clemson narrative. They ask why.
Simple: "They want some of these schools with huge alumni and fan support more than they want a small school from South Carolina"! There isn't enough interest when Clemson is in it; opposed to when say, LSU is or Georgia! It's all about money. ESPN I Don't think really cares so much as to who wins; but they do care about who will bring in higher ratings! Which allows them to charge more for advertising dollars!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2019, 7:21 PM

You have nailed it sir. Or madam.

Oct 20, 2019, 6:40 PM

Been that way for years...Dan Jenkins and Bart Wright of "The Greenville News" were never "homers" who promoted Clemson, just the opposite.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2019, 7:04 PM

Also, I’m thinking most of the “journalists” locally graduated from USC journalism???? Not sure but thinking that!

Also, probably like Jesse Palmer, these idiots watch a qtr

Oct 20, 2019, 7:16 PM

and get a "narrative" and then move on to another game to get its "narrative." Then they check back for the score and go, huh, well anyway, I got a feel for that game, so I'm right...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Also, probably like Jesse Palmer, these idiots watch a qtr

Oct 20, 2019, 7:22 PM

TheRawPaw said:

and get a "narrative" and then move on to another game to get its "narrative." Then they check back for the score and go, huh, well anyway, I got a feel for that game, so I'm right...

You know! I want the Tigers to win it all every year! But, this year would be more satisfying than the last three. I can't put it ahead of 81; it would rank my 2nd favorite if we were blessed and able to pull it off!
These folks should all be ashamed of themselves how they are attempting to downgrade Clemson.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People wanna see wrecks.

Oct 20, 2019, 7:25 PM

The news gives 'em wrecks.

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,294
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic