Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The irony of KB transferring is that he will replace someone
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

The irony of KB transferring is that he will replace someone

Sep 26, 2018, 7:29 PM

who put in their time and effort and probably feels that "its their time".

So there's that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: The irony of KB transferring is that he will replace someone

Sep 26, 2018, 7:33 PM

I am sure Greenville Tiger will be along to explain that is not irony any minute. I posted that and sure enough he tried to tell me I was mistaken, he is sure a smart one I tell you.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 7:35 PM

It's the new reality of the redshirt transfer rule. There will be other dominoes falling this week.

I don't blame KB. Just bad timing for us, I personally wish he'd pulled the trigger after the spring game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Sep 26, 2018, 7:39 PM

I do not blame him for transfering, I do think his parting shots were not factual and cheap. I wish he had changed positions back in January in truth and we would possibly have HJ still.

Sep 26, 2018, 7:45 PM [ in reply to Re: The irony of KB transferring is that he will replace someone ]

First post after taking a lot of time to think before just reacting. I feel the same way now I did when I heard, I lost a ton of respect for KB (not the cares so I get it).

You were given every opportunity and chance to win QB1 and you did exiting fall. How the heck is that not fair? A slap in the face because the coaches gave you a heads up with time to adjust? Grow up, I sat here and said he was a team leader and he proved me wrong today. Team leaders not only don’t quit on the team, they don’t throw the coaches and university that gave him a chance under the bus.

I’m completely fine with him transferring.. if he says he believes in himself, wants to continue football, thanks the coaches, school, teammates, etc... None of that happened and today we learned KB’s true colors as a leader being someone who tucks tail and blames others at the first sign of adversity.

Good luck KB and good bye. We are just fine with Trevor.

^^ The best post I’ve seen on the matter. Thumbs way up. Well said***

Sep 26, 2018, 9:01 PM

Sep 26, 2018, 9:21 PM [ in reply to Re: The irony of KB transferring is that he will replace someone ]

Ditto!

or u could just link the post***

Sep 26, 2018, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Re: The irony of KB transferring is that he will replace someone ]

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Sep 26, 2018, 7:43 PM

KB has been as good as he is because surrounded by so much talent.
He is a decent QB and a good athlete but I’m pretty sure that he will not look that great on a AVG team

Sep 26, 2018, 8:25 PM

Don’t be so sure of he will replace anybody, he will try to find the best situation, and the best depth chart, but bottom line is he probably has a 50-50 chance of being a starter elsewhere. The concept of showing up at another school to be the starting quarterback for five months is chock full o peril. If he is evenly matched with a freshman or sophomore, he will not start. If a school is willing to have KB transfer in, there’s no doubt they are recruiting other quarterbacks also. The harsh reality is KB will face a dynamic depth chart no matter where he goes. That’s the nature his destination. He will not go someplace with a settled depth chart.

Sep 26, 2018, 8:27 PM

I wouldn't be so sure that he doesn't already have a destination in mind, either.

Screw Calford.

Sep 26, 2018, 9:01 PM

Agreed, he might have one or two destinations in mind, but these schools, just like any school looking to except a transfer quarterback, carry risk for KB. I don’t know but I wonder if the kids that transfer focus on the situation they are leaving and don’t thoroughly access the probabilities at the typical destination. These schools will continue recruiting QBs up until NSD. Some might take two transfers, i.e. if they just had two QBs leave. Clemson had 4 leave in past 10 months. Bottom line is, once he decided to transfer, he is forced to seek a depth chart that is inherently unstable. I just don’t think it was a wise decision for himself.

Sep 26, 2018, 9:06 PM [ in reply to Re: The irony of KB transferring is that he will replace someone ]

I agree with the fact that he probably has somewhere in mind already. I think everyone has forgotten that KB openly admitted in interviews prior to the season that he did consider transferring.

Sep 26, 2018, 9:29 PM

Thinking about QBs that transferred and had really good success, I think the top of the list is Russell Wilson, then Baker Mayfield, although he had more than one year of eligibility left, then we could list Nick Marshall, Nick Foles, maybe Zach Mettenberger and I’m sure there were a few others, but the list of guys that did not find “success” in transferring is probably much longer. Maybe that’s just a numbers game, more QBs than starting spots.

Sep 26, 2018, 9:23 PM [ in reply to Re: The irony of KB transferring is that he will replace someone ]

I don’t think he can play this year. I would assume most rosters have been filled. He can play next year

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Sep 26, 2018, 9:33 PM

If your going to say slap in the face might as well say "kick in the balls" lol

Sep 26, 2018, 9:36 PM

I think people are missing the bigger message of this transfer. We lost 4 QB's in 1 year. The offensive play calling is not designed to keep healthy QB's and we put all the eggs in one basket. Sure TL is great but he froze a little in the A&M game and Bryant pulled it out. Our schedule is easy be honest. However, ACC championship game and CFP will no way and shape be a cake walk. I just feel un comfortable with all the transfers just lacks loyalty, but I do understand it. Lose your job to a kid who was high school rough.

Sep 26, 2018, 9:45 PM

Agreed. Gotta keep TL’s shirt clean.

Sep 26, 2018, 9:59 PM

Hopefully Chase will not be as impatient if he knows he's getting lots more playing time.

He' s got a 5* arm and a 2* brain right now, keeps throwing into coverage. KB didn't ever throw into double.triple coverage like Chase sometimes does

I see someone listened to Mickey’s show this morning lol***

Sep 26, 2018, 11:59 PM

This is how the next team is going to react when KB

Sep 27, 2018, 12:19 AM

comes to their team:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVit4vSAMsk

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive