Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The committee really needs to provide more clarity at what
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 2,544

The committee really needs to provide more clarity at what

Mar 17, 2019, 9:57 PM

criteria is most important. They seem to ignore overall NET w the bubble teams. They say that NCSU didn’t get in because of their lack of quality wins given their opportunities. They have the same quad1 record as Syracuse. They have a better overall record than Syracuse. Their NET is 9 spots higher than SU. They hammered SU in their only meeting. I really don’t think the way they looked at it is good for the ACC long term. You’re going to almost always get hammered home/away by the top 3-4 teams. Winning on the road against 1-15 in the ACC is hard in any year. Opportunities for quad 1 victories are not equitable across conferences. I also find it hysterical that SU is an 8 seed which means the NCAA selection committee has them at 29-32 yet they are counting up q1 #s based on them being 42/43 this possibly contradicting the very system they are using. Just one example - I’m sure there are more.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The committee really needs to provide more clarity at what

Mar 17, 2019, 10:02 PM

Agree ctigers.... definitely head scratching... Would be interesting to see if they could explain the selections without contradicting themselves many times !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

It’s pretty ridiculous.

Mar 17, 2019, 10:08 PM

Mid-major teams are all the rage now.

I wish we could play their schedule. We would be 28-5 too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Agree Judge - that we would!!

Mar 17, 2019, 10:11 PM

BTW - just gave you your 9000th TU!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

I’m done with it too - I’m for a no auto bid system

Mar 17, 2019, 10:26 PM [ in reply to It’s pretty ridiculous. ]

Outside the top 8 conferences or so or expand to 128(1 more game)and start with all power 6 with .500 above records. For every 1 great first round cinderall upset there are 5-6 blowout duds. There have been a handful of sustained runs but nothing a .500 power conference school couldn’t do if given the same chance,

Mar 17, 2019, 10:20 PM

I feel bad for NcSt. Not a fan, but they deserved to be in, just like we should if we had beaten them.

I'm just tired of these committees determining things in

Mar 17, 2019, 10:29 PM

secret with zero transparency and zero accountability

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm just tired of these committees determining things in

Mar 17, 2019, 10:52 PM

It's accountability that all coaches ask of their players throughout their career bc it's the right thing to do. And the NCAA shows none in their process of why kids did or did not make the selection of the biggest games of their careers. It's a sad thing when they can't do the same of what is asked of the kids that they up hold the rules over!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We seem to get fair treatment in the FB Playoff.***

Mar 18, 2019, 7:12 AM [ in reply to I'm just tired of these committees determining things in ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Justified.***

Mar 18, 2019, 7:52 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It would be kind of hard to leave the #1 or #2 ranked team

Mar 18, 2019, 12:25 PM [ in reply to We seem to get fair treatment in the FB Playoff.*** ]

out of a 4 team playoff no?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 17, 2019, 10:29 PM

I have no clue how the committee picked this group. How did UNC get such a weak bracket. Duke got a tough one, UVA has some team in it that could cause them fits.

It was like the mid-level choas nipped something and they decided to go mid-major (and I am tossing in the PAC12 nods as a mid-major).

It just seems odd that they really like teams that were questionable against top-tier talent but at the same time punished team that played a really hard schedule and came out the less for it.

Why is there such a gap between UVA/DUKE/UNCheat and FSU. I am scratching my head there. FSU should be a 3. Then you have Louisville/Cuse as a 7/8... how? And that is it? Buffalo is a great team and I want their coach... but as a 6? I just don't buy Houston right now.

Nancy State did get robbed.

Mar 17, 2019, 11:05 PM

NC state did get screwed. I dont agree on UNc though ..they get Auburn as a 5. Who has won 8 straight and 10 of 11 or They get KU as 4 and would have to play in KC...which is exactly where the Big 12 was just played. Then UK is a tough rivalry and they already lost to them and Iowa st as a 6, also possible in KC. Would be a lot of Cyclone fans and they just won Big 12 in that very same arena.

Mar 18, 2019, 8:42 AM

But all their bracket opponents are not the disrupting schemes for UNC (at least to my eye). And all teams in their group is flawed. Kansas is wounded and Auburn likely spent their run early.

The only "odd" one for UNC might be Washington, but they hhave lost to everyone with a pulse. Actually, Washington might be what Clemson would be if we played in the Pac10.

I'm really wondering why Ohio State is in

Mar 18, 2019, 12:19 AM

Lost to Illinois, Northwestern, Rutgers. Drilled by 35 by Purdue. 8-12 in conference, 55 Net ranking, 154 SOS, 3-7 in last 10.

And they get in cause why? They beat Cincinnati in the first game of the season?

Re: I'm really wondering why Ohio State is in

Mar 18, 2019, 2:44 AM

OSU never has to win much to get a lot!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's bewildering, for sure.

Mar 18, 2019, 6:00 AM

Virtually every metric that was seldom if ever broken, was this year. High RPI, no problem. Sub-.500 record, piece of cake. Heading into the weekend, it was 'blah, blah, blah' that the PAC12 would have one team, since it was a dumpster fire league. Apparently, the fire was snuffed out and after a heavy dose of Fabreze, it smelled a heckuva lot better.

And then, when the dust settled and the ACC had three #1 seeds...how did that conference not also have:
1. The most teams
2. And have teams with .500 or better records not selected?

Jay Bilas closed out on that point yesterday saying the top 3 are why the rest of the conference will have losses...but that doesn't make them bad teams. He's right.

Bottom line: the selection process smell EXACTLY like the collegiate game and the cesspool it all resides in. I can do without this sport going forward...it's really quite easy. I see virtually no integrity within the game, administration, officiating...nothing.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 18, 2019, 6:52 AM

It was crystal clear we had not even the remotest chance yesterday, so it really doesn't matter past that.

No, they don't. Clemson just needs to win more.

Mar 18, 2019, 7:11 AM

The Spring game is coming soon.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No, they don't. Clemson just needs to win more.

Mar 18, 2019, 7:44 AM

Exactly.

guess you missed the point where this wasn’t about

Mar 18, 2019, 8:26 AM [ in reply to No, they don't. Clemson just needs to win more. ]

Clemson getting in or not...... it’s about the inconsistency of the committee and not sticking to what they were indicating .....all coaches depend on understanding criteria as it impacts how they schedule

Re: guess you missed the point where this wasn’t about

Mar 18, 2019, 8:29 AM

They let in 68 teams. If you don't get in then tough shyatt. There should be no complaining. Win more.

All of NCstates ratings were really bad.. ours were high

Mar 18, 2019, 8:28 AM

so i think we would have made it in if we won that game but NCSU played spoiler for us. WE had them beat twice this year and gave it to them at the end both times. They had no business beating us this year. they were a scrub team.

that is possible***

Mar 18, 2019, 2:42 PM

Replies: 23
| visibility 2,544
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic