Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Should we even pull against Bama this week?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Should we even pull against Bama this week?

Oct 30, 2018, 1:25 PM

If they lose they will do like last year and avoid the SEC Championship game and still get in the Playoff with more rest and less chance of additional injuries. If they win out they won't get that benefit - hate to say it (because I would love for them to lose) but I prefer that they have to play the extra game and we take them on as 2 undefeated teams.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Should we even pull against Bama this week?

Oct 30, 2018, 1:44 PM

They can lose and be out. Us, ND, UGA/LSU, and Mich/OSU win out.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2018, 1:54 PM

We know UGA and LSU both won't win out if Bama loses this week because they will play each other if UGA beats Ky. And I doubt the committee will put a one loss Big 10 champ ahead of a one loss Bama because of that thing called "eye test".

Bama only got in last year

Oct 30, 2018, 2:26 PM

Because Ohio state had 2 losses. If the B1G winner has 1 lose, they are in over non conference winner SEC team

Oct 30, 2018, 2:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Should we even pull against Bama this week? ]

That would be why I put a dash between them. No if there is a 1 lose big 10 champ no way they don't get in over Bama if Bama has 1 L but doesn't play in the sec champ game.

Oct 30, 2018, 2:30 PM

But 2 years ago they put OSU in over Penn St. who won the championship game.... but maybe they learned something from that. 31-0

Oct 30, 2018, 2:40 PM

But Ohio State had 1 loss compared to Penn State with 2 losses included a 39 point loss to Michigan. Each of the past two years the committee has taken a 1 loss non champ over a 2 loss conf champ with a loss of over 30 points. I think they got each one exactly right.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2018, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Should we even pull against Bama this week? ]

I actually thing a 1 loss Big Ten Champ will definitely get in over a 1 loss non conference champ Bama. It's not like last year when it was a 1 loss Bama vs a 2 loss OSU.

If Bama loses to LSU then go on to win out they would likely end up with 2 wins over ranked opponents at most (potentially A&M and Miss St). Otherwise there schedule wouldn't be as good as the winner of the Mich-OSU game. A loss Big Ten Champ with a more difficult SOS would definitely get in over a 1 loss Bama with a worse schedule, one less data point and no conf championship.

If you can convince me of that I would

Oct 30, 2018, 2:35 PM

definitely pull for LSU to upset them but if they do put 4 or more SEC teams in the top 10 tonight, I see it as a way to keep Bama and one other team from that conference in the picture.

Re: If you can convince me of that I would

Oct 30, 2018, 2:44 PM

I still think it's best to pull for Bama over LSU though bc of the possibility that the Big Ten Winner ends up with 2 losses.

For example, Mich loses one more game before beating OSU, or wins out until losing in the Big Ten Championship. Or OSU goes on to beat Mich but loses the Conference Championship.

A 1 loss Bama would def get in over a 2 loss Big Ten team with or without a conf championship.

Oct 30, 2018, 1:52 PM

ND and UGA/LSU as well as Michigan/OSU or OU would probably all be in over them if they had a conference championship granted they won out from this point on.

Oct 30, 2018, 2:06 PM

So shouldn't the same logic apply to Notre Dame? They could get in without even having to play a conference championship game period!

Oct 30, 2018, 2:18 PM

Well, I do pull against them every week but if Bama loses this week that keeps the 2 SEC teams scenario open but that isn't likely if LSU takes a second loss and Bama has to play UGA and gives them their second loss as well. ND might not get in if anyone left on their schedule takes them out but Bama likely will.

it pains me to say, but no.....

Oct 30, 2018, 2:15 PM

I don't want any chance of them being 4th and us being 1st. Now if it was a guarantee that bama would be left out w/ 1-loss OR they have a 2nd loss (neither of which i think will happen) then yes, but at this point i'd rather bama & clemson stay 1/2 the rest of the way.........don't want to play them until the NCG if we play them at all.

That's my viewpoint as well - Bama gets

Oct 30, 2018, 2:22 PM

in with one loss over any other one loss team so they might as well help out some other team by taking out LSU and UGA.

I hope the blow LSU out, just to show that the SEC is just

Oct 30, 2018, 2:21 PM

like the ACC...one great team and the rest fair to middlin'.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NO! Make them go 13-0, play in and win the SECheat

Oct 30, 2018, 2:34 PM

Championship game, and then be hailed as the best all time team. That way, the excuses when we boat race them in the Natty will be that much more memorable. Come on, elefunts, hold up your end of the bargain!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's see.

Oct 30, 2018, 2:41 PM

Pull for them or pull against them? How about pulling for Clemson and let SEC fans pick out which one they want to pull for? Do Columbia area Dollar Stores even sell LSU gear?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The best case scenario for us

Oct 30, 2018, 3:21 PM

is for Bama to win by 1 point in double overtime. That ends all the “ Bama is invincible “ talk and brings them down to earth. That will also mean whomever they play in the SECCG will lose. That will almost ensure a single team from the SEC in the playoff. Just my thoughts.

Re: The best case scenario for us

Oct 30, 2018, 8:44 PM

My thoughts too

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic