Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The SEC is 1-25 vs Alabama in the last 3 years.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,322

The SEC is 1-25 vs Alabama in the last 3 years.

Jun 14, 2019, 12:01 PM

only a handful of those games could even be called competitive. In the SEC's 0-8 campaign against Alabama last year, that number was 1. 2010 was the last time 2 SEC teams were able to beat Alabama in the same year...but they won their bowl game 49-7. Probably because they had a month to prepare. Speaking of, you can't argue Alabama's success in the 1st round of the Playoffs. They consistently dismantle teams easily in the Semi-Final round (including us 2017). No one is better at preparing their team during that month off between the regular season and post season than Nick Saban.

So if i understand this argument correctly, more than a month after the last of these 8 SEC games, and after another predictable playoff win by double digits, in which Alabama was already up 28-0 with 13 minutes to go in the 2Q - they then lost to Clemson because they were "beat up"?

I'm going to think on this over the weekend and get back to you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

A few years ago the narrative was that no OOC team could beat the SEC

Jun 14, 2019, 12:06 PM

because of the high level of competition that they see week in and week out. Now the reason that SEC teams like Georgia and Bama lost their bowl games is because of the high level of competition that they see week in and week out.

I’m sorry but you can’t have it both ways.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So Bama's lost one SEC game in three years, yet

Jun 14, 2019, 12:14 PM

Is 1-2 in the National Title games...the win against...ahem...a SEC foe.

Meanwhile, the Tigers have lost two ACC games, yet have won two National Title games...those wins against...ahem...a SEC team.

Am I missing something on the 'brutal schedule' scale?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In all of my 35+ years of watching CFB I have never

Jun 14, 2019, 12:42 PM

heard a bigger line of crap than what I have heard coming out of Bama and the SEC after we demolished the Tide 44-16.

The arrogant always have excuses.***

Jun 15, 2019, 8:57 AM [ in reply to A few years ago the narrative was that no OOC team could beat the SEC ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: The SEC is 1-25 vs Alabama in the last 3 years.

Jun 14, 2019, 12:22 PM

They didn't lose because they were best up. That narrative is gone.

New narrative is lack of focus because they had an easy time with the SEC schedule with exception of UGA. And SEC is best and so ...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2019, 1:19 PM

The excuse making doesn't really bother me all that much. I think it's unfortunately normal for fans, and sometimes even players to make excuses. It's not like we're any different. Some of our players mentioned not being properly focused against Alabama in 2018 for instance.

Or check out this board during or shortly after any game, especially a loss, and see all the posts complaining about the refs being against us. Heck, even when it comes to recruiting it's always something along the lines of the recruit being scared of competition, our coaches not really trying to recruit the guy very hard, or accusing the other team of cheating.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2019, 1:53 PM

I've always considered my many excuses as valid. I just don't understand why everyone else questions the validity of my excuses. LOL

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 15, 2019, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Re: The SEC is 1-25 vs Alabama in the last 3 years. ]

I agree to a certain extent, but we also used those same "excuses" when we won .... like Bama not being flagged for trying to take Watson's head off!

Jun 14, 2019, 3:09 PM

Are you saying that little ol' CLEMSON has beaten Alabama more times in the past 4 years than ALL of the other SECondplace teams have - COMBINED??? Say it ain't so.

Jun 14, 2019, 3:14 PM

Since 2008 they have only lost 10 games to SEC opponents including SEC champ games. Didn't count the wins but I'm sure its' probably like 70 or more wins. That is domination. Hell I don't think we have that kind of domination in the ACC. Yet the SEC is soooo harddddd.. wahhhhhh

Jun 14, 2019, 5:00 PM

Tigers are 2-1 vs Bama in last 3 years. That's double the victories the entire sec has in the last 3 years!??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 15, 2019, 1:04 AM
1-2 40-1.jpg(175.6 K)
defense.jpg(187.6 K)
lsu.jpg(59.6 K)

moderator, make these smaller please.

Jun 15, 2019, 1:06 AM

delete from body, please.

Jun 15, 2019, 8:48 AM [ in reply to Re: The SEC is 1-25 vs Alabama in the last 3 years. ]

Do these stats equate to the mighty SEC having a losing record against the lowly ACC? A dropped mic moment.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,322
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic