Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Clemson way vs the South Carolina way
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 3,193

The Clemson way vs the South Carolina way

Feb 20, 2015, 4:11 PM

The Clemson Way:

Son, we're making an investment in you and you're making an investment in us. Unless you want to leave, or you screw up off the field or in the classroom we're going to give you your full 5 years at Clemson. You may never start a game, but you're not going to be cut. If you get injured, we'll deal with it, but your roster spot is safe. We're a family at Clemson and you're joining our family, for better or worse.

The South Carolina Way:

Son, you see us as a way to get to the NFL and we see you as a commodity. As long as you are successful on the field, you'll have a roster spot. If you get injured or fail to live up to expectations, you're going to be asked to leave. We see you more as football player than a person, in fact, we really don't care what kind of person you are as long as you can run and tackle.

You wonder why recruits show no loyalty to South Carolina? It's easy, South Carolina shows no loyalty to their recruits. I can think of several Clemson men that would have been cut after their sophomore seasons if they went to USCe, only to show out later in their career.

Message was edited by: drewtigeralum03®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How true!!!!***

Feb 20, 2015, 5:59 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Clemson way vs the South Carolina way

Feb 20, 2015, 6:42 PM

spot on!!

You just left out one thing...

1. CU way - son, we have high expectations for you in the classroom

2. Usuck way - son in case you haven't "herd", we have an unlimited supply of crayons for you

Go Tigers!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Might be going a little tOO far but basically about right.*

Feb 20, 2015, 8:42 PM

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2015, 9:16 PM

correct me if i'm wrong but,did we not honor jake nichopolis' scholarship,even though he was unable to play because of health reasons,before he even got to school?anyone got an update on his status?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Feb 20, 2015, 11:52 PM

Yes. He was also honored at the football banquet and ran down the Hill with the other Seniors. I was so moved and proud to see both of those moments.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 21, 2015, 12:02 AM

CCU +1. When it comes to standards of any kind, USuK is always at the bottom of the list . Look at all the great men who have come through our university. CCU builds character in our athletes through teaching by example!!

That really has nothing to do with the situation

Feb 21, 2015, 12:39 AM

Yes, we honored Jake's scholarship, but so would every other school in the nation because it doesn't count against scholarship numbers. We're still honoring Pat DeStephano's scholarship as well, and we probably did the same with Justing Parker and Oliver Jones as well. South Carolina would have honored his scholarship offer as well.

Re: That really has nothing to do with the situation

Feb 21, 2015, 8:07 AM

Maybe so, but how many schools would consider a young man who had a career ending injury prior to entry, who never practiced or stepped foot on the field as a team member and honor him as a graduating senior?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 21, 2015, 9:43 AM

Every school would have because it would have been cheap PR that doesn't count against your football numbers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Feb 21, 2015, 12:08 PM

What publicity? I haven't seen anything in the media. I know about it because I was there.

+ 1 TU ******

Feb 20, 2015, 11:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some regard it as business with heart; some, business that's

Feb 21, 2015, 7:15 AM

heartless.

If all schools can't be the former in all endeavors, then they shouldn't be in business. Period.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 3,193
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic