Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why doesn’t the visiting team automatically get...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Why doesn’t the visiting team automatically get...

Jun 21, 2019, 8:12 PM

the ball to start the first half of the game and the home team get the ball to start the second half?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

That was actually an amazingly good question.

Jun 21, 2019, 8:13 PM

You feelin' all right?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That was actually an amazingly good question.

Jun 21, 2019, 8:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Motion denied!!***

Jun 21, 2019, 8:44 PM [ in reply to That was actually an amazingly good question. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That was actually an amazingly good question.

Jun 22, 2019, 3:53 PM [ in reply to That was actually an amazingly good question. ]

I think we ought to look at several situations that have arisen over the past few years. We could call them the SEC rules.

1. If one of the participants is an SEC school, they would automatically be granted a 7 point lead at the beginning of the game because of their tough conference schedule.

2. If an SEC team doesn't want to be there, it's an automatic a one point victory regardless of the on field score.

3. If both teams are from the SEC, both teams will be declared winners.

4. Any non SEC teams, when playing an SEC team may not use copy cat plays unless forewarning the SEC team of such intent.

5. Paul Finebaum's prediction for a game in which an SEC school participates, shall be the final score regardless of the on field score.

6. Any game in which one of the participants is an SEC school and a play is under further review, the final verdict must always favor the SEC team because of their tough season schedule. Any objection by the opponent will automatically result in an immediate forfeit.

7. A 50 - 50 pass thrown by a non SEC school when playing an SEC school, shall automatically be a considered an interception by the SEC school.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why not just take turns

Jun 21, 2019, 8:22 PM

spotting the ball 25 yards out. First team to break 50 wins

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Re: Why doesn’t the visiting team automatically get...

Jun 21, 2019, 8:43 PM

Because it's only fair for the visiting team to have the opportunity to choose defense first if that's what they really want to do. :)

Bush's fault

Jun 21, 2019, 9:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Jun 21, 2019, 11:45 PM

If they did that what would they talk about after the coin flip?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 22, 2019, 5:55 AM

Tradition.

Jun 22, 2019, 9:46 AM

pointcove > BINGO!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 22, 2019, 8:36 AM

Because prior to each game there's a coin toss to determine who gets the ball 1st, and who gets the ball to start the 2cnd half.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 22, 2019, 9:35 AM

Well the winner of the coin toss can either choose offense, defense, or defer their choice to the second half and choose which end of the field they like to start.

What we want to happen, but it rarely does, is for the other team to mess up and choose defense first. Then we receive the ball at the start of both halves.

The coin industry has powerful lobbyists***

Jun 22, 2019, 8:38 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The coin industry has powerful lobbyists***

Jun 22, 2019, 9:55 AM

Bingo! Part of the deep state.

Re: The coin industry has powerful lobbyists***

Jun 22, 2019, 2:05 PM

Bingo would take to long, coin toss is fine!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It should be make it take it

Jun 22, 2019, 9:06 AM

If your defense can't get a stop you never get the ball.

The coin flip

Jun 22, 2019, 11:06 AM

Is a part of the game strategy that makes the game more interesting. Receive,kick or defer. It’s the way the game is played. With the coin flip neither team knows how to prepare for the first possession until the visiting team makes their decision. I like this rule and so does most football fans.

The rules I would like to see changed is allowing teams to use the number zero on their uniforms. I would rather see a
07 and a 7 rather than two 7’s. No good reason for that rule that forces duplicate numbers.

Jun 22, 2019, 11:37 AM

Syracuse and Pitt would be upset by this, but I am fine with it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not sure the world is ready

Jun 22, 2019, 2:36 PM

for this kind of clarity.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 22, 2019, 3:17 PM

the ball to start the first half of the game and the home team get the ball to start the second half?

Because of Obama and his liberal agenda.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic