Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
That annoying "SEC" Chant is the one reason
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

That annoying "SEC" Chant is the one reason

Mar 29, 2019, 9:36 PM

I would not have minded if UNC had won this game.

Other than that, it couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of smurfs

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hate that freakin SEC SEC SEC. why not chant

Mar 29, 2019, 9:38 PM

something auburn-ish instead?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me too. You would think they would chant about one of their three mascots.***

Mar 29, 2019, 10:14 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I was pulling for a sink hole. Tarholes and Aubarn both

Mar 29, 2019, 9:45 PM

are at top of my dislike list.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glorious not to hear it in January though LOL***

Mar 29, 2019, 9:48 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That annoying "SEC" Chant is the one reason

Mar 29, 2019, 9:50 PM

Still wonder if KY wins does the loser of Auburn/KY join in with the winner at end of game in the S E C chant???

I think the entire crowd is required to hold hands

Mar 29, 2019, 9:54 PM

and do the chant when it's two SEC teams

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think the entire crowd is required to hold hands

Mar 29, 2019, 9:56 PM

Kind of like the Kentucky tradition of kissing your sister?

Mar 29, 2019, 10:16 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Mar 29, 2019, 10:21 PM [ in reply to I think the entire crowd is required to hold hands ]

Damnnnnn it .....It JUST means more, Jim

Mar 29, 2019, 10:09 PM

Why do we chant SEC?!?!? That is the question for all you non worthy folks ask. We chant SEC cause we know we are overall the best! Period! You’re statement is all the justification we need.

Don’t give me that well we beat Bama bs. Yes you did and diservenly so; but overall you wish you were an SEC school. It’s ok; I understand the envy and it’s evidence in your justification for keeping and defending Brownell.

You had 4, yes 4, starters for last years Sweet 16 team return and you failed to make the tourney.

No Excuse!!!! Non!!!! If you justify you are a loser and the reason CU will never succeed at
BBall.

It’s also justified in the interest in recruiting now. For years when CU barley broke the top 10 in recruiting it didn’t matter and we got the guys that were “underated”. But hey; CU is on the cusp of getting the #1 class and now that’s all the matter and the ranking are real. You guys are the biggest hypocrypts!!!!! And on recruiting if the statement by Barrett Sallee has ever been true, to paraphrase “ if he went to CU he’s a great future student athlete, if he went to another school he was paid.” Losers!!!! Get a life!

Accept the fact that you are THE National Champions in the one sport that matters and stop acting like a little B*%ch!

Dawg fan that married into the CU family.

Mar 29, 2019, 10:12 PM

I’m guessing they don’t teach English and grammar in the SEC! Wow!

Mar 29, 2019, 10:12 PM [ in reply to Re: That annoying "SEC" Chant is the one reason ]

So what exactly is protocol if/when Ky and AU play? Winner chant SEC East or SEC West? Just wondering...

Mar 29, 2019, 10:15 PM [ in reply to Re: That annoying "SEC" Chant is the one reason ]

I'll be ###### if I ever want to be a part of the sec. Never have, never will.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No one is asking WHY you do it...

Mar 29, 2019, 10:17 PM [ in reply to Re: That annoying "SEC" Chant is the one reason ]

We all know why. You labor under the long held illusion that you are top to bottom better than any other league in the land.

It has never been as true as you love to think it is - and it's even less so over the last 5-7 years. That's really all I have. I'm not about to try to reason with you over how much parity there really is in college sports these days. You wouldn't admit if you could see it.

Did you chant SEC with bama last year after your loss? ***

Mar 29, 2019, 10:18 PM [ in reply to Re: That annoying "SEC" Chant is the one reason ]

Someone needs a coloring book, a stuffed unicorn

Mar 29, 2019, 10:20 PM [ in reply to Re: That annoying "SEC" Chant is the one reason ]

and a cry room.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Mar 29, 2019, 10:36 PM [ in reply to Re: That annoying "SEC" Chant is the one reason ]

Hey UGAguy, I do not wish Clemson was an SEC school, #### glad we r not. I do not wish I attended an SEC school. #### glad I attended Clemson. Listening to you rant it sounds like you could benefit from a few Bourbons and chill out. Clemson folks were just commenting on the SEC chant, I don’t think any Clemson fans have any delusions on our hoops team, we’re less than average, but fortunately not rock bottom like your puppies. BTW, good luck w Tom Crean, that was one hilarious hire.

Mar 29, 2019, 10:48 PM

Sure you don’t! We will see about Crean. This year was underwhelming but the two top recruits Fox had bailed.

Crean has locked up 4, yes 4 top 100 recruits for this next year with the possibility for a 5th, so he will have a short leash to work with. I doubt nine years. But’s what winning schools do. What Brad got coming in? Y’all just gonna accept the fact that one only UVA; Duke and UNC can succeed in BBall?

Mar 29, 2019, 11:04 PM

Just curious Gayguyinwinnertown- do you know if Kirby owns the Ford lot he uses to pay his players? Further, does creampie draw from it or does he have his own ala Ugayville?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2019, 10:44 PM [ in reply to Re: That annoying "SEC" Chant is the one reason ]

I’m guessing you couldn’t even get into an “SEC” school judging by your inability to complete sentences. Yes, and your team/s are the champions of recruiting. You win, no titles at GayU...... Though, I’m not sure if we are talking about football or basketball. Have another nattylight broom pusher.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2019, 10:58 PM

No titles? Sure UGA has 31 recognized titles to CU’s 6!

See you in January in the CFP.

Mar 29, 2019, 11:09 PM

Georgia has 43 recognized titles...2 in football. We have 6 titles...3 in football. I will take that all day sir. Keep winning those recruiting championships!

Bye Bye!***

Mar 29, 2019, 11:10 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Mar 29, 2019, 11:20 PM [ in reply to Re: That annoying "SEC" Chant is the one reason ]

Logic is not your thing. Your coaches are garbage... Creamer = mouthbreather, Kirby = wannabeeeeeee. Never have, prob never will.....

lmao!! a UGay fan criticizing Clemson basketball,,,,,

Mar 29, 2019, 11:00 PM [ in reply to Re: That annoying "SEC" Chant is the one reason ]

this season.....

why don't you tell us how your stupid dawgs fared in hoops this year???

When I think of UGa sports, I think of the Jim Harrick, jr, mid-term exam for his "students"

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: lmao!! a UGay fan criticizing Clemson basketball,,,,,

Mar 29, 2019, 11:06 PM

Read above Boy!!!!

We have balls to make hard choices. Both Ritch and Fox are Great Men but average coaches. We expect the best.

Crean has 4 top 100 recruits coming in. He will be on the clock.

But the way CU has justified Brownells failures is pathetic and systematic of a losing culture. Prove me wrong!

Bye Bye***

Mar 29, 2019, 11:09 PM

null

Re: Bye Bye***

Mar 29, 2019, 11:16 PM

Good answer.

Mar 29, 2019, 11:36 PM [ in reply to lmao!! a UGay fan criticizing Clemson basketball,,,,, ]

tigrjm76® said:

this season.....

why don't you tell us how your stupid dawgs fared in hoops this year???

When I think of UGa sports, I think of the Jim Harrick, jr, mid-term exam for his "students"

I was there during that time; it sucked and was an ebarassement. Im sure it was similar to where Danny Ford has his scandals going on, right? Wasn’t he turning a blind eye to paying recruits?

Mar 29, 2019, 11:42 PM

Embarrassing? Fourth and Fields no more is embarrassing.

So it seems this can all be summed up like

Mar 31, 2019, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Re: lmao!! a UGay fan criticizing Clemson basketball,,,,, ]

This since you jumped in over the sec thing. It really hasn't done anything for Uga in basketball. They were building a strong program when Wilkins was there long before the sec so called magic but only a yr or two few and far between since

hahaha....

Mar 29, 2019, 11:03 PM [ in reply to Re: That annoying "SEC" Chant is the one reason ]

I bet you dont talk to your wife like that ...lol

Bye Bye

Mar 29, 2019, 11:08 PM [ in reply to Re: That annoying "SEC" Chant is the one reason ]

Troll!

null

Mar 30, 2019, 1:07 AM [ in reply to Re: That annoying "SEC" Chant is the one reason ]

Bourbon or not, your spelling is atrocious!

Mar 30, 2019, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Re: That annoying "SEC" Chant is the one reason ]

SEC is a loser's chant. It comes from the inferiority complex that is endemic to these schools, which typically lack worthwhile academic programs and attempt to compensate with athletic achievement.

Success has come in many sports for many programs, especially football, in the SEC, due mainly to geographic location, media exposure and a laissez-faire attitude toward incorruptibility. But success has not come at all schools, and not in all sports. This has led these academically-inferior schools to seek glory in the accomplishments of other schools in their conference - because they have little else inside their institution from which to find self-worth.

When they see a school in their conference over-achieve, out comes the chant. It's the best one can do when they're inferior. They think it lends credibility and glory to their program, unaware that it just furthers the depth of their inferiority and unworthiness. This is manifest when a school hasn't won a major national championship since before the parents of their current players were in grade school, and before even they had their first personal encounter with the term, "pre-trial intervention."

Successful universities balance academics and athletics, and take pride only in the accomplishments of their university and fellow alumni. They seek to associate with similar programs of excellence, but do not find worth or self-importance in the achievements of their competitors. You won't find UNC grateful that Duke made it to the Elite 8 or Miami taking a bow for football success at Clemson. That is for the weak and the worthless. That is for the SEC.

Mar 31, 2019, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Re: That annoying "SEC" Chant is the one reason ]

Dogs bark.

Mar 29, 2019, 10:10 PM

And Kentucky broke out the chant against Wofford. Really.....

Mar 29, 2019, 11:37 PM

UGayGuy certainly is a troll, but he’s harmless, it’s not like he’s Bevo and clearly took it easy on me on national TV and could’ve kicked my caboose like I was a puppy dog, that would be embarrassing; he’s harmless, nothing to see here, no bark, no bite. I do feel bad for the Clemson family he married into, no fun to have insecure punk w turkey dinner.

Mar 29, 2019, 11:50 PM

Hey I probably have more friends from UGA than any other school, 95% of em are sane rational folks, they know they suck in hoops and always will, they know they blew it recently in football, they know they’re recruiting well, they / we know we suck in hoops but occasionally can stumble across a good season, and they / we know we have two recent Nattys in football. Not much else to debate. They’re not bad folks, this UGayGuy just has his panties all knotted up.

Mar 29, 2019, 11:50 PM [ in reply to Re: That annoying "SEC" Chant is the one reason ]

Harmless is not synonymous with “troll.”

Mar 30, 2019, 1:40 AM

My SEC friends keep that garbage quiet around me.

I always tell them that you cheer for what you're proudest of. If you want to waste your effort on your conference, you're clearly not much of a fan of your school.

Of course, only a Clemson fan can get away with saying that! Other than Bama, the Tigers haven't lost a football game to an SEC school since Sept '14. Overall 10-2 since then.

In 2016 our football team went 3-0 against the SEC and won the National Chip; our basketball team also went 3-0 against the SEC and we missed the entire postseason because we only went 6-12 in the ACC. (Even though the SC team we had beaten eventually went to the Final Four). So SEC basketball clearly is crap compared to ACC. You don't boost your SoS by adding SEC schools in basketball.

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic