Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We're favored over aTm, -19.5
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 3,248

We're favored over aTm, -19.5

Sep 1, 2019, 4:01 PM

Coots have no line yet.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

link ?

Sep 1, 2019, 4:02 PM

THANKS

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: link ?

Sep 1, 2019, 4:04 PM

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/line-movement/texas-am-@-clemson.cfm/date/09-07-19

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I found it , BUT THANKS !!!

Sep 1, 2019, 4:07 PM

TU

Re: We're favored over aTm, -19.5

Sep 1, 2019, 4:25 PM

That is fascinating.

Vegas is not in the business of losing money but I'd personally have Clemson by maybe a touchdown and I think the Aggies could well pick us off if they play well and we don't.

Trevor and our wideouts looked like they were in usual Clemson-in-September form (which is, not great, even for our vets), and our D looked solid at times and like it was replacing 6 of 7 in its front seven as well as a raftload of experienced backups at other times.

Mond looked sharp and his receivers are pretty durn good. They don't have the TE and run game they had last year but they only lost 4 starters off a D that finished 32nd (out of 129) D1 squads last year, so they had (and probably still have) a "B+" level defense...their offense last year, BTW, ranked 15th out of 129, a solid "A" level unit.

They're pretty durn talented across the board, regardless, look legit Top-10 to my eyes. I think they push us, maybe pretty hard, especially if our offense continues to sputter a bit...and I think it'll sputter a bit. Our September form is, as I mentioned, seldom (if ever) dominant.

Sep 1, 2019, 4:37 PM

Who did Texas A&M play?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2019, 4:41 PM

Thursday they beat Texas State 41-7. I think our team had the harder test.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We were -37 vs GT at kickoff.

Sep 1, 2019, 4:49 PM [ in reply to Re: We're favored over aTm, -19.5 ]

Won by 38; it’s amazing how close Vegas gets to actual victory margin. Clemson opened at -16.5 vs A&M; -19.5 means money is flowing to Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We were -37 vs GT at kickoff.

Sep 1, 2019, 5:42 PM

I pointed that out to a coworker on Friday. I told him that I don't believe Vegas is just that good and that something is up.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Sep 1, 2019, 8:15 PM [ in reply to Re: We're favored over aTm, -19.5 ]

A line like that will only serve as motivation for the Aggies

That a huge line. I feel better at 10 to 13 points.

Sep 1, 2019, 4:45 PM

The biggest glaring defiency I saw was from our new D Line play. The guys were able to get penetration into the backfield, but then wiffed on quite a few tackles. Against better teams that will be costly.And one with better run plays could give our new guys fits. Sure we're going to improve, no doubt, but week two against a quality opponent is asking a lot imo.

Re: That a huge line. I feel better at 10 to 13 points.

Sep 1, 2019, 4:56 PM

I'm certain BV will have a sermon prepared and many "hallelujahs" and "amens" will be heard.

Message was edited by: FishinCrazy®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2019, 4:56 PM [ in reply to That a huge line. I feel better at 10 to 13 points. ]

I do believe they only return 4 defensive starters. Vegas is not in the habit of throwing money away, and I wonder what the spread will be come next Friday or Saturday. They do return 3 starters in the secondary but are rebuilding their DL and LBs. Texas State would likely lose to Wofford or Citadel, maybe even the coots.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2019, 5:19 PM

I think it's to high. I'd take a&m with the points. Clemson will win but around 13 would be right to me. Not a Vegas guy but 19 seems a bit much.

Sep 1, 2019, 6:50 PM

I would be ecstatic to cover that line. But if I were a betting man (and I never bet against my team) I'd take the points.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

That is insane, I think that line gets down to 12-13 before

Sep 1, 2019, 5:30 PM

the game. Sure turnovers could lead to a 19pt game but I don't see it. I'm feeling a win of 7.

I will take ONE on Saturday!***

Sep 1, 2019, 6:47 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't discount Dabo and staff's

Sep 1, 2019, 8:37 PM

Ability to rise to the occasion. After ten years...and a stellar, going on 5 years, I continue to be amazed by fans who are afraid to embrace the reality that Clemson is elite. Now, elite isn't perfect, but that should, in no way, inhibit fans' desire to fear thinking well of Tiger performances.

You're not going to bring bad mojo down upon the team. You won't. The team will do what it does...'W' or 'L'...and will do either with pride, sportsmanship, and respect for the game and opponent. Period.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m a gambling man and that’s a many O points

Sep 1, 2019, 8:40 PM

Think we win but tempted to take the -19.5. Way too many points imo

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Usually pretty dead on predicting point spreads

Sep 1, 2019, 8:41 PM

I’d put that one around 10.5

Someone must know something we don’t

Message was edited by: gville76

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Sep 1, 2019, 8:47 PM

If we don’t turn the ball over the Tigers win by 3 TDS.
The only way TAM makes this game interesting is if we have 2-3 turnovers.
Our D May give up some yards but when this Tiger O is clicking. NOBODY can beat us!
After last weeks AVG game from TL and WRS they will be ready SAT.
I think we hang 40+ on the Aggie’s

Replies: 20
| visibility 3,248
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic