Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Happy Birthday to Spud!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Happy Birthday to Spud!

Apr 17, 2019, 6:42 AM

Yeah Ole' Spud is either 60 or 61 today (I would ask him but he won't remember due to his age related memory loss!). The years have not been kind to Ole' Spud's body either! Just a few years ago he could run for miles several times a week and now he hobbles around on one leg. His teeth are falling out from eating so many of those vinegar pies he is famous for! He told me the other day that even with his new glasses he just does not see like he used to. He gets headaches all the time which according to him come from too much pollen, air too dry, air too wet, etc.,etc.,etc. (I personally believe the source of headaches is having to look in the mirror every morning at that mug of his). And it's probably time for him to change his moniker from Spud to Rotten Moldy Decrepit Old Tater!

I will give Spud some credit though. He still knows how to catch some fish! On our latest 3 day fishing trip, he beat me on 2 of the 3 days and managed to operate his trolling motor standing on his one good leg in rough waters (a feat that many of you youngsters can't accomplish!) Ole' Spud is just about the best friend I've ever had and Mrs Furious George and I look forward to taking him and Mrs. Spud out for our annual B-day bash just as soon as we can locate a restaurant that serves lots of soft food (like applesauce) and has plenty of room around the table to accommodate his bad knee. You guys post some of your favorite Spud stories and Spud posts in replies to celebrate Ole Spuds B-day.

And again Happy B-Day to my favorite Rotten Moldy Decrepit Old Tater!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Re: Happy Birthday to Spud!

Apr 17, 2019, 6:45 AM

Happy Birthday Spud. I hope it’s a great day for you. ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks Partner! And you know, us taters have a history of

Apr 17, 2019, 6:50 AM

kicking people's ##### on one leg!

Re: Thanks Partner! And you know, us taters have a history of

Apr 17, 2019, 7:41 AM

Yep, congratulations. Don and them gave you a shoutout and birthday wish on baseball radio!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Congrats Spud

Apr 17, 2019, 8:13 AM [ in reply to Thanks Partner! And you know, us taters have a history of ]

I know what the hobble is like (OA of knee). Getting old is not for sissies. Just remember "you are as young as you feel." But if you're like me that is what worries you

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2019, 8:14 AM [ in reply to Thanks Partner! And you know, us taters have a history of ]

Happy Birthday Spud. Got some fishing on tap today?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2019, 3:59 PM [ in reply to Thanks Partner! And you know, us taters have a history of ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2019, 6:19 PM [ in reply to Thanks Partner! And you know, us taters have a history of ]

Happy B day man!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2019, 8:26 AM

Happy Birthday Spud. Take a day off from running the Ole Spud School of Sideways Photography and enjoy the day.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2019, 8:58 AM

Happy Birthday, Spud!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Adding my Happy Birthday wishes again. But, could someone

Apr 17, 2019, 9:05 AM

who personally knows Spud please give him a sideways camera for his birthday, so he can take pictures that turn out standing up? I am old and decrepit too, and having to crane my head sideways to look at his catches makes my neck sound like a box of Rice Krispies! I think he is really just doing it that way because it makes the fish look bigger. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i've heard from reliable sources that ole spud can grill up

Apr 17, 2019, 10:28 AM

some awful tasty wings. i've ask for his secret but was told he would have to kill me if he gave it to me. ;)

Apr 17, 2019, 12:09 PM

Happy birthday Spud. I hope you have a wonderful day and will celebrate this occasion many, many more times.

Furious George has elaborated on your many age related problems, both mental and physical. Is this what I will encounter when I reach 61?

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HB Spud!!

Apr 17, 2019, 1:07 PM

I hope you have a great day and may God bless you and your Tiger family.

From one April 17th bday to another

Apr 17, 2019, 3:11 PM

You picked a great day to be born spud.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Happy Birthday, I baked you this cake

Apr 17, 2019, 3:15 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Happy Birthday, I baked you this cake

Apr 17, 2019, 4:07 PM

Nice work on the cake!

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Re: Happy Birthday, I baked you this cake

Apr 17, 2019, 4:46 PM [ in reply to Happy Birthday, I baked you this cake ]

Balm --- I was dining in a restaurant at Mayport, FL, many years ago. There was a small group in the restaurant celebrating one of the men's birthday. At the end of their dinner a waitress brought out a beautiful cake adorned with the head of a large fish on top with it's mouth wide open. That cake got the attention of everyone in the restaurant. I assumed his friends played this prank on him and it must have been related in some way to his fishing skills.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2019, 4:26 PM

Happy Birthday, Spud

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Happy Birthday Spud!

Apr 17, 2019, 4:36 PM

I’ll raise a glass to your longevity later today!

Have a great one Spud!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic