Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What is the best streaming service or device for Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

What is the best streaming service or device for Clemson

Jul 23, 2019, 11:04 AM

sports?

Also, someone at work told me that excursion tv might be a good choice. Has anyone ever used excursion?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I may be 'old-fashioned' but

Jul 23, 2019, 11:37 AM

I am using Hulu Live streaming through a Roku Streaming Stick +. With it, I can access the soon to be ACCN, plus ESPN channels and YouTube for past games.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Thanks, 2 questions...

Jul 23, 2019, 11:40 AM

What is the cost? and Can you watch games on youtube that are on networks like abc? We seem to play on ABC a good bit.

Re: Thanks, 2 questions...

Jul 23, 2019, 12:00 PM

Hulu Live - $48.12/month (includes taxes) for two (2) TVs. Unfortunately, I do not get the local ABC network but can watch ABC network shows the day after 'on-demand'. I am assuming I can watch the ABC games through ESPN app since ABC is part of ESPN/Disney/ABC family of networks. This is yet to be determined. Check here for local channel availability - https://www.hulu.com/live-tv

Roku Streaming Stick+ - $50/one-time on Amazon.com. I bought one for each TV I have.

TigerTV typically posts the games within a day or two on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9haNfXS7eUDfDyHlqw-W0Q

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Thanks, 2 questions...

Jul 23, 2019, 5:38 PM

true, the ESPN app will show the games that are showing on ABC, at least that's what they did last year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

cost please?

Jul 23, 2019, 11:40 AM [ in reply to I may be 'old-fashioned' but ]

thanks

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I cut directv and did the same package 90 days ago

Jul 23, 2019, 11:10 PM [ in reply to I may be 'old-fashioned' but ]

Still getting used to the guide but very pleased so far. I boight a 64” roku tv for under $600 and bought 3 sticks for other tv’s at $30 ea.

Re: What is the best streaming service or device for Clemson

Jul 23, 2019, 11:45 AM

Nvidia shield is hands down the best streaming device. It cost about $170 by itself but worth every penny. IPTV glitchtv is $20/ month with every channel imaginable. There are several legal IPTV services. I’ve been using Glitchtv for several months now and it’s more dependable than directv now.

When I say it has every channel, I mean every channel.
Here is the pricing...

https://www.glitchiptv.com/product/1-month-glitch-tv

Message was edited by: Touch_The_Rock79

Jul 23, 2019, 11:55 AM

Forgive this silly question. Can you view anything on the Nvidia shield or does it just allow you to watch things such as the glitchtv or netflix etc after you also purchase them?

Sorry, this is all new to me.

PSA: majority of IPTV is pirated material

Jul 23, 2019, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Re: What is the best streaming service or device for Clemson ]

People reading your post shouldn't be confused about the legality of these IPTV providers. They are pirate sites. There are legal IPTV broadcasters such as Sling and Hulu but these other 1000+ channel IPTV sellers are pirates with all the risks associated. No one likes the prices of TV services so I understand the attraction but people need to know that IF the MPAA or some other organization raids one the these places, they will get your information and you could be liable. Anyone confused by my post can search and find IPTV piracy news at many places online such as torrentfreak.

Re: PSA: majority of IPTV is pirated material

Jul 23, 2019, 3:49 PM

Not all IPTV are illegal . You would have to research which ones are legally registered. I use a VPN just in case.
As far as the question as the Nvidia shield question, you buy movies, video games, install direct now, Hulu, Netflix, YouTubetv, PSvue, Kodi and any other app you can think of. The Nvidia shield operates on the android system with google play.

Re: PSA: majority of IPTV is pirated material

Jul 23, 2019, 5:21 PM

Very hard to research which IPTV are actually in compliance without being inside the industry. For instance the one you linked doesn't appear to have any legal address or corporate name registered. How could anyone verify they are official re-broadcasters of say HBO? I think you know the answer to this when you say you use a VPN to obscure your information. As I said I understand why people do this but there are people without knowledge of these things who could read your post and not be aware of potential problems.

I'm just trying to help Bob and Betty from Belton avoid getting a $10,000 lawsuit notice in a few years because they read some bad information on a Clemson board when all they wanted to do was find a way to get ACC network legally but ended up in copyright violation.

Cracking down on IPTV pirates is ramping up world wide due to its increased popularity. I've been around long enough to remember satellite dishes capturing streams directly before the networks scrambled signals. This evolved into hacked cable boxes for a while and now on to IPTV. Its just the evolution of piracy and just because you know 1000 people who do it doesn't make it less risky. Its buyer beware out there between scammers and honeypots.

Not every illegal site gets shutdown either
http://torrentfreak.com/mpaa-now-controls-at-least-3-pirate-iptv-domains-190707/

how do you keep up with all these channels? Looks like a

Jul 24, 2019, 9:43 AM [ in reply to Re: What is the best streaming service or device for Clemson ]

jailbroken firestick type service. Is this legal?

I use YouTube TV on my Samsung and on my “dumb” tv with Apple TV

Jul 24, 2019, 12:02 AM

I really hope they pick up ACC Network soon. I’ll be at all the home games of course but right now, I’m banking on all our away games to be on ABC, ESPN, ESPN2 or ESPNU. I pay $50 for YouTube TV and I love it. The quality is amazing and the DVR is great. I think it goes up to 5 devices too but I could be wrong.

Jul 24, 2019, 9:29 AM

I have tried several different streaming devices. The Roku Ultra has worked best for me. As for streaming services, YouTube TV is the best as it carries all of the local channels. However, it has not yet made a deal to carry the ACCN. Your best option is either Hulu Live or PlayStation Vue as both carry the ACCN. If you need ABC streamed (cannot reach it by antenna or other devices), you will need to go with PlayStation Vue. (Check to see if ABC is carried in your area by using your zip code. It is not carried in mine.) I am hoping YouTube TV will reach an agreement to carry ACCN, but as of now, they do not know if, or when, that will happen.

HTH

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic