Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Texas A&M Trip
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Texas A&M Trip

Feb 22, 2018, 12:30 PM

How many tigers planning on making the trip to The 12th Man?? We are pricing out options and trying to figure out the best way to get there. From what i’m seeing, looks like the most cost effective way is to fly in and out of Houston and drive the 2 or so hours to College Station. Maybe stay in The Woodlands just north of Houston. Any other thoughts???

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Texas A&M Trip

Feb 22, 2018, 12:35 PM

There are 6 of us going. We are hoping the Texans play on Sunday so we can also go to that game.

Feb 22, 2018, 1:11 PM

Regarding the Texas A&M trip, I have already checked, and neither the Texans or the Cowboys
are in town. Yes, flying in and out of Houston is the best option, and there are currently flights as
low as $115 round trip from Atlanta.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2018, 1:18 PM

WHEN DID THE NFL SCHEDULE COME OUT

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think the NFL schedules are released until mid April

Feb 22, 2018, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Texas A&M Trip ]

They have a game that weekend but don't know if its in Houston or Indianapolis. Unless you have the inside scoop or something, its still unknown.

Yes

Feb 24, 2018, 11:26 AM

I think that the teams have definitive knowledge of who they are playing but the dates and home or away for their non conference foes have yet to be released.

I'll be driving

Feb 22, 2018, 12:48 PM

the 4 miles from my front door to Kyle Field. Moving out here finally paying off!

Houston or Austin are your best flight options. Easterwood Airport in College Station is an option but is more expensive with limited flights.

Hotels in Bryan/College Station will be pretty outrageous. May want to check out Conroe/Montgomery area if you're staying near Houston. Small cities near College Station like Caldwell, Navasota and Brenham just don't have much in hotels.

Feb 22, 2018, 12:52 PM

I live here in Houston, and will be making the trip to the game.

A couple of thoughts:
-You are correct, your best bet for cheap flights is flying into Houston and driving. There really aren't any other large airports that will have cheap flights near college station

-The Woodlands is one option for a place to stay. Its a nice area, there is a mall and lots of restaurants. Another option would be the Cypress, TX area. Its a suburb northwest of Houston, which again will have lots of restaurants and hotels. Its about an hour and a half drive from Cypress to College Station (Take 290W to hwy 6N)

-Once you get past Cypress, its mainly small towns until you get to college station. You may be able to find something in Navasota, TX...which is closer to college station, but you are probably going to have more options in Houston and the Houston suburbs (Cypress, Tomball, the Woodlands)

-One other tip, I will make again closer to the game...it gets CRAZY hot and humid here, especially in early september. I would not be surprised to see high temperatures north of 95 degrees on gameday. Bring lots of water, and they will even let you bring water into the stadium. I've see lots of students/fans bringing in 1 gallon jugs of water before.

Feb 22, 2018, 1:02 PM

It was so hot in 2004, I resorted to drinking water out of the cooler just to stay hydrated after the game.

Feb 23, 2018, 7:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Texas A&M Trip ]

Thanks for the helpful info! We ended up booking airfare into Austin and staying in Hutto...although the hotel may change. We are definitely excited to see all the orange in College Station!!

I'm going. Free lodging in College Station...

Feb 22, 2018, 1:25 PM

Nice to have family in Texas. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2018, 1:44 PM

I'll be there with a group of at least 10-15

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2018, 4:02 PM

Wouldn't it be a good thing if you could find a place to camp for 8-10 friends in a Motor home, putting up a couple tents in the same camp site of the Motor home, with all spiting the cost for the trip, it would seem cheaper than air fare plus motel rooms and eating out of restaurants wouldn't it. Plus it should be more fun!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2018, 11:04 AM

Camping would be fun, but a couple airbnbs will suffice, flights are cheap, and I'm lazy/spoiled. Trying to avoid a couple of 15 hour drives (Drive back from New Orleans was miserable and that's half the distance).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2018, 4:21 PM

Planning on being there. ;)

Feb 22, 2018, 6:35 PM

Coming from San Angelo. Have booked a room in Killeen, about 2 hours away. Now I have to figure out how to get tickets to the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2018, 7:27 PM

If you are flying from Charlotte, Southwest has a direct to Houston(Hobby) that I have taken in the past. May be a cheaper option for some. Hobby is a smaller airport just a little south of Downtown.

Clemson's biggest game on the 018 schedule?***

Feb 23, 2018, 7:46 PM

Nah.***

Feb 24, 2018, 11:21 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do know that one drive from Greenville at 6 pm on

Feb 24, 2018, 11:20 AM

a Saturday and be at Ginny's Little Longhorn Saloon in Austin by 3 pm on Sunday. It takes some sacrifice but can be done.

I don't know how this is to help any with the A&M trip.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic