Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Teams Nobody wants to play right now (link)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Teams Nobody wants to play right now (link)

Nov 8, 2018, 8:31 AM

2. Clemson. Remember when Clemson won a close game at Texas A&M earlier this year? It was a 28-26 squeaker, definitive evidence of a lot of things people wanted to assume from one college football game.

For instance, after the Texas A&M game, Clemson’s starter was clearly Kelly Bryant and not upstart Trevor Lawrence, the Tiger secondary had serious issues, and Travis Etienne and the rest of the run game were going to struggle. A&M, meanwhile, was just two points away from joining the elite, and Jimbo Fisher’s $70 million guaranteed salary was already worth it.

It’s November now. Clemson’s run game has razed much of the ACC, averaging 265 yards a game and giving luxurious protection for Lawrence, the starting QB. The defense hasn’t allowed anything close to the yardage A&M earned in College Station that night and has only allowed one team to hit triple digits both rushing and passing in a single game. That was NC State, and Clemson won, 41-7.

Texas A&M just lost to Auburn, a team desperate to fire its coach with a gigantic buyout.

No one is getting anything from Clemson this year, not on the ground, not through the air, and not in turnovers or easy possessions from their offense. They move like a service academy on the ground, defend like an Alabama, and are grooming their next wunderkind QB in practice sessions everyone else calls “live conference games.” The ceiling for this team is theoretical, at an altitude high enough to require powerful telescopes to see.

Oh, and they’re not even close to that ceiling yet.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/11/8/18064566/ucf-clemson-alabama-utah-state-michigan-iowa-state

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Rat poison! Don't take the cheese!!***

Nov 8, 2018, 8:45 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Teams Nobody wants to play right now (link)

Nov 8, 2018, 9:01 AM

1. Coots- at home the fetid bathroom smell of the stadium is overwhelming. And dont even as about the ice. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2018, 10:23 AM

TU! I can’t tell you how hard I just laughed at this. It hit my funny bone pretty hard and I’m still giggling about it

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The A&M game was tough...

Nov 8, 2018, 9:14 AM

With an entirely new staff, Clemson didn't have the benefit of any real film to study. The coaches had to pretty much rely on what Jimbo did at FSU. On the other hand, A&M had the entire summer to study and prepare for CLemson. That was a HUGE advantage for A&M.

Now that there's plenty of game film available to study, A&M isn't nearly as tough an out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Did Jack Leggett write that article?***

Nov 8, 2018, 9:27 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2018, 10:00 AM

Well.. the article loses some credibility by listing UCF at #1. Sorry, but I would play those guys tomorrow. UCF has a good offense but a very average defense. A playoff and national champion caliber team does not give up 677 yards to Temple (the 67th ranked offense - middle of the road). UCF will eventually be exposed when they finally play a team with a defensive pulse and a top 25 offense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2018, 10:20 AM

We would demolish UCF . They're just nowhere they need to be if they were to end up in a football field with Clemson . I'm sorry , 21 straight wins is a tremendous accomplishment but they have no business being talked about as a CFBP contender .
On a neutral field with everyone healthy , Clemson 49-17 .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: UCF and credibility

Nov 8, 2018, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Teams Nobody wants to play right now (link) ]

Your orange glasses are affecting your vision. Sure, we know the top 2 teams in the nation would destroy them, but there are more fans of the other 128 teams than of just the top 2.

Why would anyone except the very top teams want to play UCF?

You'd be scheduling a team from a low level conference that weakens your schedule, no matter how good that one team is. Nobody wants to be the program that drops the rope ladder over the wall to UCF, just so they can slit your throat in appreciation. (Analogy to assisting the invader, not being graphic for prurience' sake.)

Even ND and MI should have no business playing them. Too many bad things to happen, no reward.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic