Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tajh Boyd just admitted he went on TNet after a game...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 64
| visibility 1

Tajh Boyd just admitted he went on TNet after a game...

Aug 28, 2018, 4:17 PM

And read posts that Cole Stoudt should be the starter and it bothered him; also mentioned posts about Chad Kelly replacing him w no merit.

So just saying; these guys read the boards sometimes, so keep your meaningless armchair QB posts to yourself bc you’re NOT a coach.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

*you're***

Aug 28, 2018, 4:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: *you're***

Aug 28, 2018, 4:22 PM

I spelled it right the first time

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't bother, I already took a screenshot***

Aug 28, 2018, 4:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

“Tooked”***

Aug 28, 2018, 4:44 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: “Tooken”******

Aug 28, 2018, 5:28 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Taken********

Aug 28, 2018, 6:13 PM

You possess a particular set of skills, skills acquired over a very long career?

Is that where you were going?

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: Taken********

Aug 28, 2018, 7:03 PM

Thanks for the help, I don't speak English.

Tucan***

Aug 28, 2018, 9:20 PM

Re: Tucan***

Aug 28, 2018, 10:57 PM

Reed

Re: Takened

Aug 30, 2018, 11:23 PM

Tookened

boreds***

Aug 28, 2018, 4:22 PM

Re: Tajh Boyd just admitted he went on TNet after a game...

Aug 28, 2018, 4:23 PM

lol they may read for entertainment purposes, but if they worry more about fan opinions then the coaches then thats a problem of their own.

Than***

Aug 28, 2018, 5:39 PM

I would really like to get his opinion on

Aug 28, 2018, 4:23 PM

the Fans vs Alumni debate ...

Tajh, you there ??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would really like to get his opinion on

Aug 29, 2018, 5:02 AM

freemason-symbol-illuminati-logo-with-compasses-vector-15233041.jpg

What do the illuminati have to do with this?

Aug 28, 2018, 4:24 PM

Kelly Bryant:
https://www.independentmail.com/story/sports/college/clemson/football/2018/03/31/keep-questioning-me-clemson-qb-kelly-bryant-confident-through-close-position-battle/475857002/

“Everybody wants to talk about everything else that’s coming in but me, I just go back to work and let everybody do the talking," Bryant said. "Everybody wants to write me off but I’m still here and I ain’t going nowhere.”

“I don’t think anything’s changed for me (since last spring)," he said. "There’s still questions so I’m still going back to work, trying to keep the confidence in myself … I love it, tell those people to keep on questioning me.”

Aug 28, 2018, 6:58 PM

I love talking some KB. So not everybody Kelly.

sum***

Aug 28, 2018, 7:02 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

knot***

so we should just do away with tigernet then

fans are going to discuss things its what we do

That is all well and good, but when a player leaves

Aug 28, 2018, 4:27 PM

Clemson and might not have all the warm and fuzzies for all things Clemson (the fans), don't get mad at them. I'm sure they will always appreciate their coaches and teammates, but why would you appreciate people that don't appreciate you. Just sayin'

thats the thing though fans have always

Aug 28, 2018, 4:30 PM

debated rather one player could have done this vs another player and what not...i respect everything boyd has done for him..but maybe if he wasnt strong enough mentally to take what he read on a message board may explain how in games where he got easily rattled when things werent going well

I have no issues with people having respectful debates about

Aug 28, 2018, 4:33 PM

the players and if someone is better. But you know as well as I that there are often posts / comments that are way over the line. To each their own, but I will always appreciate the sacrifices these student athletes make and any criticism I have of them will be made with that appreciation in mind and consideration.

Boyd had detractors that egged or TP'd his house...

Aug 28, 2018, 5:07 PM [ in reply to thats the thing though fans have always ]

that's not anything to just blow off... you nor I would react "reasonably" to a stranger violating my personal space or property, or harassing us at night with blaring the car horn will driving by, or people making passive aggressive comments when we are out with family or friends... those things happened to Tajh, it takes a very strong mentality to not handle those kind of detractors with a can of whoop @ $ $...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whoever egged his house

Aug 28, 2018, 10:12 PM

Sucks

Re: That is all well and good, but when a player leaves

Aug 28, 2018, 4:35 PM [ in reply to That is all well and good, but when a player leaves ]

There's a difference of fans discussing and seeing where the person can get better, where they can improve, where their game had some issues...and not appreciating someone. Some of you should learn that. If a player hearing or seeing his own stats discussed, seeing discussions on concerns based on his actual performance he finished with, bothers him...maybe it should be used as motivation for what to improve. The fans appreciate him...there's just some that would also like to see them be the best they can be and can discuss their view on what they would like to see changed or improved. But hey, I guess everyone wants players to go complacent...must prefer players that can't admit they have areas that could be refined, areas that can be better. If that floats your boat...

thats what i said if people

Aug 28, 2018, 4:37 PM

discussing him bothered him that much..no wonder why he got rattled against usuc when clowney was all over him

Re: thats what i said if people

Aug 28, 2018, 4:40 PM

I'm kind of curious if this supposed "time" he went on was after that 51-14 FSU game...

Well on that note let’s just shut the board down. No reason for having it if discussions can’t take place.

Aug 28, 2018, 4:27 PM

Are you alway so oppressed? This isn’t your safe space.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

always****

Aug 29, 2018, 12:41 AM

I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created, and with them the animals,
The birds and the creatures that move along the ground, for I regret that I have made them.

Guess he never came on here after a coot game while he was QB.

Aug 28, 2018, 4:26 PM

Woulda increased his chances of transferring to James Madison by 482%.

~JKB

Tajh Boyd is a baddddass, we didn't hurt his feelings***

Aug 28, 2018, 4:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tajh Boyd is a baddddass, we didn't hurt his feelings***

Aug 28, 2018, 4:41 PM

And we don't recruit snowflakes only athletes with character.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we need to get rid of some fans that lack character...

Aug 28, 2018, 5:15 PM

athlete or not, most of these players are still minors hoping to grow and develop into great football players and productive citizens... a lot of posts on many boards are made by cowards who would only express themselves the way that they do from a place of anonymity... those posters would NEVER make those same comments to that players face one on one, so, is that not being a snowflake who lacks character?

Re: we need to get rid of some fans that lack character...

Aug 28, 2018, 5:56 PM

Oh give me a break. If they intend to be productive players, or improve their overall game, they will get criticism daily. Quit treating them like they are on a snowflake island and need to be hugged, coddled, and protected from the "mean ol' fans" that are discussing their performance and their position battles. They it from the coaches, they get it from the media, they get it from opposing teams. They don't need anyone "protecting" them from people on a public message forum discussing whether or not they will stay a starter, and what improvements they need to make to get better.

Aug 28, 2018, 7:10 PM

I'm not addressing the criticism, I'm addressing the juvenile name-calling and sophomoric insults, please don't act like you don't see it because it happens too often on this board as well as other team boards... It's unnecessary, and I bet that 98% of posters that post that kind of crap wouldn't dare say some of those things directly to a player with nothing but air and opportunity between them... So, if they are not willing to say it to the players face, they shouldn't post it...

Aug 28, 2018, 7:24 PM

98% of the ones calling them names, not just discussing things (regardless if the opinion isn't the popular one), are not real Tiger fans. That's also part of internet boards, especially around game time. You'll see an influx on game day of screen names you've never seen posting normally.

Aug 28, 2018, 9:17 PM

I see insults coming from screen names that are regular posters; Hall of famers, legends, orange-blooded, all of the ranks on tnet not just trolls

Aug 28, 2018, 11:53 PM

Their is a reason I don't post on here much, a bunch of ####### hiding behind a username that post either useless ######## and sarcasm or just downright have no ####### clue. It's gotten out of hand.

Says a lot more about him than it does any of us***

Aug 28, 2018, 4:52 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nah, grown men should not hide behind computer

Aug 28, 2018, 5:23 PM

screens spewing vitriol at minors... discussing the reality of mistakes and poor performances is not the thing that moved Tajh's needle: he did take constructive criticism and improve his play but even at the age of 21-22, he's still a young man developing his character and sense of who he is. "fans" egging or TPing his house, shouting insults while hiding in a crowd or making snide remarks where he can here them but not being direct in making those comments says a whole lot more about the "fan" than it does about Tajh or any player that "fans" feel they can disparage...

Do you not know how the internet works?***

Aug 28, 2018, 5:32 PM

Yep, I know how it works and I also know

Aug 28, 2018, 7:13 PM

that it can also work to find out who is hiding behind their keyboard... Kinda like the time Curt Schilling reached and rang the doorbell of a guy that was harassing his daughter...

So you think Boyd should have traced IPs and physically

Aug 28, 2018, 7:41 PM

confronted people who poormouthed him on the interweb?

Nope, did not suggest that at all

Aug 28, 2018, 7:56 PM

But I am suggesting that posters should be mindful that it can be done and they should temper their comments to discussing football... Criticizing the performance rather than attacking the player...

Re: nah, grown men should not hide behind computer

Aug 28, 2018, 6:00 PM [ in reply to nah, grown men should not hide behind computer ]

Did they egg his house through the internet? Just trying to figure out exactly how you are even relating the two as the same.

Aug 28, 2018, 7:19 PM

It's harassment when it gets personal between an adult and a minor, including comments on message boards... Stick to football critiques and have at it, juvenile name calling and sophomoric insults should be left with fools, or at least with others in their age group...

Aug 28, 2018, 7:28 PM

It's not harassment on a message board unless the player directly come on it and interacts with the person. Posting an opinion about a player's performance on a board meant for that team's sports is no different than an ESPN columnist writing a piece about the same thing, or it being said on Sport Center, or it showing up on the "You had One Job" reel on ESPN Game Day. That's social media....harassment would be if they are saying it disrespectfully while directly interacting with the player. Any one here remember directly interacting with Tajh knowingly???

Aug 28, 2018, 9:59 PM

If you won't refer to Tajh or any player as "brokeback mountain", then you shouldn't post it

says the anonymous poster...

Aug 29, 2018, 6:24 AM [ in reply to nah, grown men should not hide behind computer ]

bashing people on an internet message board

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i'm not bashing anyone, unless you are a poster

Aug 30, 2018, 10:39 PM

who insults and name calls minors that play for the team that you supposedly support... in that case, take the bashing like a man or dish it back...

GO!! lol

Aug 28, 2018, 5:26 PM

Then what's the point of having the forum?

This forum doesn't exist for the players. It exists for the fans of Clemson sports - mostly Clemson football - expressly for the purpose of talking about Clemson football.

If you self-censor yourself because some player might read your opinion and be hurt by it, it kind of defeats the purpose of the forum and there's really no point for it to exist.

I agree some of the statements in here are knee-jerk, uninformed, and often highly repetitive - and imho Tigernet would be well-served towards thread consolidation like some forums do, rather than allowing 433 redundant new threads on the same tired topic, often within 10 minutes of one another. (Hey, never mind that there's already 10 Kelly Bryant v. Trevor Lawrence threads on the first page alone, let's start my very own BRAND NEW thread on the exact same topic for no apparent reason, yay!)

But hey, you jump into a largely unregulated free forum and that's also what you get, too, along with a whole lot of chatterspam. How it goes. If you require everything to be neat, organized, and utterly linear...well, this probably ain't the place for you, either.

I also try to keep in mind these are 18-23-year-old kids, and I always try to restrict my talk to pure football critique, and do it in a respectful manner...but I nonetheless maintain my right to talk freely on the subject of football, too.

Just my own opinion. (Sits back in armchair.)

Quozzel...it's all about

Aug 28, 2018, 6:05 PM

The TU's! There are bored poasters who live for TU's! It's what they do! ;) Oh...and the hiding behind the curtain...remember...lots of oldtimers grew up on Wizard of Oz...it's Wiz's fault...acting all big and brave! Three cheers for Toto...flushed him out!

Aug 28, 2018, 5:27 PM

Phew! I know I never said either of those two things!

Aug 28, 2018, 5:39 PM

if he was hurt by comments after a game, he'd better be glad he was never able to read it during a game.

This place is brutal during a game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Imagine if he played for UW...those guys have potty mouths***

Aug 28, 2018, 5:45 PM

Correct. Huskies would be on suicide watch.

Aug 28, 2018, 6:11 PM

https://hardcorehusky.com/categories/hardcore-husky-board

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2018, 5:51 PM

It's a Clemson football message board forum. What exactly should be discussed?

Aug 28, 2018, 6:06 PM

With all the land blasting on t-net, players (and everyone) should take most of what is said with a grade of slaw. They're comments often show there true mentality and their should be some rules to fix that.

Who in their right mind ever wanted CK to replace Boyd in 2013??

This is exactly why I rarely TNet anymore...........

Aug 28, 2018, 7:28 PM

.........wait......wut?!?!?!?!

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Aug 28, 2018, 7:34 PM

Dang, you guys are on to me... I guess I’ll just admit it, I’m Tajh Boyd

Aug 28, 2018, 8:30 PM

No, I'M Tajh Boyd

Replies: 64
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic