Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: What Swinney said about all the noon games at Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

TNET: What Swinney said about all the noon games at Clemson

Oct 23, 2018, 6:11 PM

What Swinney said about all the noon games at Clemson

Clemson fans cherish college football and treat their seven home games yearly as a chance to spend quality time with family and friends cheering on their Tigers Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He didn't come out and say it, but I'm able to read...

Oct 23, 2018, 6:18 PM

...between the lines, and it's evident to me that Dabo still hates Quackers!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He didn't come out and say it, but I'm able to read...

Oct 23, 2018, 6:50 PM

He also hates it when the same fans that fill the stadium in later games, are not going to travel 4 hours to get to noon games. It's all about playing the game and winning, and I fully understand that. It's also about families bringing their kids in to tailgate and socialize before games, and that is hard to do with kids traveling 4 hours just to make kickoff. Once in a while is ok, but to this point it's been 3 noon games at Clemson, 3 away games at 3:30, 1 at 7pm away at Texas A&M, and two Noon games have already been scheduled for At FSU with a 4th home noon game at Clemson. I'm not convinced that the #2 team in the country has been schedule with all home games at Noon. Somebody at Clemson I personally believe has had some kind of say in that type of a schedule....

https://fbschedules.com/clemson-football-schedule/

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: What Swinney said about all the noon games at Clemson

Oct 23, 2018, 6:30 PM

I know people don’t like the noon games, but we always tried to get their as early as we could (I live in Charleston) we would stop for breakfast on the other side of Columbia, come in set up our tailgating tent and stuff. We would make sure everything was ready to tailgate after the game. We missed the traffic and enjoyed the day. For those that want to drink do it on the way and have a driver. (I know open container laws) but lemon drops etc work well

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Oct 23, 2018, 6:31 PM

Chick-fil-A breakfast minis with bourbon make it all worthwhile.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Oct 23, 2018, 6:42 PM

of course it means people can plan their day accordingly. See game at noon or sooner, depending on where you are and then go to the lake, beach, mountains. For those on the west coast, it is the beach around noontime, since there are no important teams left to play football. :) It is all about priorities.

Oct 23, 2018, 6:55 PM

Ah yes west coast
I lived in the marina district of San Fran for about a year on a project
I would get up grab coffee on the corner and walk the couple blocks to the Bus Stop saloon on Union
Order a Bloody Mary and watch the noon game at 9am
Great way to start a football day if you cannot be in Clemson

Oct 24, 2018, 2:33 AM

If you're ever back in the Bay Area join the Northern California Clemson Club for weekly viewing parties. We watch at The Boardroom on Powell Street in North Beach, San Francisco. Always 20-25 folks and for late afternoon games sometimes 40-50. Next best thing to being at the game.......!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2018, 7:15 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: What Swinney said about all the noon games at Clemson ]

lmao.

K.P? Is that you? You sound like my old roomie.

it DOES NOT matter to me either coach.

Oct 23, 2018, 7:34 PM

Noon games are tough for me because I’m a couple of hundred miles away but I’ve made the trip for forty plus years and have no plans to stop. The seven and eight games are really tough on those who travel great distances. Nothing is more terrifying than to be in a traffic check at one in the morning!!!! Been there. Not fun!! , dilly dilly

Our friends in Athens don’t allow games to begin after six and it hasn’t had a bad affect on them. Let’s play at Two and televise our own games

Oct 24, 2018, 3:02 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: What Swinney said about all the noon games at Clemson ]

You can also put your beer that you want to drink on the trip in apple juice bottles, and the best way to that to keep your beer from getting flat, buy your brand of beer in quarts that hasn't been in a cooler. Clean the apple juice bottles you want to use the day before so to make sure they are dry and at the same room temp as your beer. Use a funnel with a plastic tube that will reach the bottom of the apple juice bottles. Pour the beer slowly through the funnel leaving tube at the bottom until bottle is about half full, then start lifting the tube without it ever coming out of the beer until bottle is full, screw cap back on tight, chill and drink. Most important part is to not fizz the beer while pouring, and don't pull the tube out of the beer until bottle is full to your liking. I don't know any way to change the beer container that will keep your beer factory fresh, but this is the best way that I have found to keep it close to factory fresh, and it is pretty close!!! Just pour slooooow so that a head never comes up on the beer being poured, and don't allow the tube to come out of the beer while pouring into the apple juice bottle until you're ready to put the cap on....

More Time "AFTER" the game to do XXXX

Oct 23, 2018, 7:38 PM

I mean, the 1 pm starts on Panthers gamedays is only an hour off. But, there is time to do anything you can do for a 15:30 start. You just have to do it sooner. If it's travel concerns; I get that "somewhat"! If and only if you couldn't leave sooner! Then I get it. But, if it's about drinking, what about the fact or the bright side - you get the rest of the day to do whatever. You can still get your drink on after the Tigers win. There is still sunlight when the game is over and you won't get home in the wee hours of the day!
Not that bad a thing! If the media doesn't love us; they will! We will make them love us or "hate us"! Flying under the radar and not getting the prime spots for TV is a "small thing to a giant!

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2018, 7:46 PM

You don't have to tailgate to watch a game. Just come to the game and be a fan. Do whatever afterwards. waaaa waaa

Oct 23, 2018, 7:59 PM

That is very true. It’s ALL about the game and the players. Tailgating is a big part of college football and you have plenty of time after a noon game to ‘party’ for hours if you like. And, at Clemson that is especially good because you ALWAYS have a win to celebrate.

One thing that is seldom mentioned when games times are concerned is the location. Late games in a location such as Clemson is one thing. Late games in a city is quite another. The fan base, accommodations,highway accessibility, emergency workers and a score of other things are affected by the kickoff time.

I’m going to be there for as long as I can because I am a Clemson man who supports the university in every way possible regardless of the opponent or when we begin.

Uh Dabo, I agree, but it's "couldn't care less"

Oct 23, 2018, 10:14 PM

You are welcome.

Just goes to show

Oct 24, 2018, 3:26 AM

that he doesn't hang out on Tigernet too much

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Uh Dabo, I agree, but it's "couldn't care less"

Oct 24, 2018, 7:39 PM [ in reply to Uh Dabo, I agree, but it's "couldn't care less" ]

He don’t want to hear that!

Every game used to start at 1 PM***

Oct 23, 2018, 10:49 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

If Clemson paid me millions to show up, I wouldn't care what

Oct 23, 2018, 11:11 PM

time either

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this ^

Oct 24, 2018, 3:08 PM

this is a fan preference issue..
not a coaching issue.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

The whole point is that Clemson has no say in game times.

Oct 24, 2018, 3:19 PM

Like it or not. I’m with Dabo...no sense complaining, we play when they tell us to play and hopefully someone shows up to watch. If you can’t make it then watch on TV. Simple.

I’m tired of all the bitching.

the whole point is I'm saying your whole point

Oct 24, 2018, 3:26 PM

is bs.

btw, you dont play.

the team plays, the coaches coach...we fan.

iptay asks for money, coaches ask for more money , players ask for facilities, fans ask for more preferable kick off times.

I haven't seen less than 60k fans in the stands since the later west years. ..so we ate showing up regardless.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Oct 24, 2018, 8:06 AM

I don't know what the big deal is. It was not that long ago that there were no lights in the stadium and all games started at 1PM. Tailgating was never a problem and a lot of fun was had after the game even during the Red Parker and Ingram years when it was mostly drowning our sorrows.

Oct 24, 2018, 8:35 AM

Amen Dabo! The folks who are so worried about game time, game day coming or not coming, uniforms, announcers, etc are acting like coots who need to distract themselves from what’s happening on the field. We have a great team! Let’s enjoy it!

Oct 24, 2018, 9:41 AM

Good response!
Dabo comes thru again.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Except for Friday games

Oct 25, 2018, 12:16 AM

Generally I agree with him but he did complain when we had Friday games. So the whole “I don’t care” statement isn’t exactly true.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic