Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Finebaum admits Clemson has a better program than Alabama
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

TNET: Finebaum admits Clemson has a better program than Alabama

Jan 22, 2019, 8:44 AM

Finebaum admits Clemson has a better program than Alabama

The College Football Landscape shifted drastically after Clemson's 44-16 thumping of Alabama in the College Football title game. National media pundits such as Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A convert???

Jan 22, 2019, 8:48 AM

Next time, vote Jabba like you're supposed to.

Re: A convert???

Jan 22, 2019, 9:17 AM

Nah, just a realist

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2019, 10:45 AM [ in reply to A convert??? ]

He ran out of excuses and is now hoping that if he gives Clemson the accolades it earned maybe we will get full of ourselves and stumble next year.

Jan 22, 2019, 11:00 AM [ in reply to A convert??? ]

LOL I've always thought he looked like a ferengi!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2019, 11:01 AM

He also looks like the doctor on Voyager, which also played a ferengi on DS9

That would be Robert Picardo

Jan 24, 2019, 8:26 AM

Also known as “Johnny Cab”!
https://youtu.be/eWgrvNHjKkY

Message was edited by: tiger5by5®

Jan 22, 2019, 3:29 PM [ in reply to A convert??? ]

No

A Trojan

Who is Paul finebaum?***

Jan 22, 2019, 8:49 AM

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just the host of the best college football show ever,

Jan 22, 2019, 9:14 AM

radio and TV because of the comedy.

The nuttiest and funniest callers make the show for me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To each his own. Call-in shows make me cringe.

Jan 22, 2019, 10:53 AM

I get embarrassed for the callers and I get embarrassed for myself for listening.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think of it kind of like listening to

Jan 22, 2019, 12:43 PM

Richard Pryor or George Carlin. Hopefully some of the callers are in on the act but doubt they are.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just the host of the best college football show ever,

Jan 22, 2019, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Just the host of the best college football show ever, ]

Most of them are mutants.

Next time, vote Jabba like you're supposed to.

Re: TNET: Finebaum admits Clemson has a better program than Alabama

Jan 22, 2019, 8:52 AM

Paul is no idiot, he knows Alabama is falling(possibly) and he needs to stay relevant. If he continued his blind love for bama and they become less relevant so does he. He’s going to attach himself to whatever wagon keeps people watching and calling.

Jan 22, 2019, 8:53 AM

That toesucker wishes us the best and begrudgingly praises us ...all the while he hopes he is wrong and undoubtedly believes that he is .
If Nick Saban were to stop suddenly leaving the showers Paul Finebaum's face would get firmly wedged between his buttocks .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 22, 2019, 8:56 AM

Yep, Paul would have a lost-time accident due to a broken neck.

He is on the Bama payroll.

Mrs. Louise Cantrell, housewife and mother of four,

Jan 22, 2019, 9:02 AM

said the same thing three weeks before. She has a lot more credibility than Finebaum AND she makes a great cherry cheesecake.

I herd Saban fired the entire staff including Finebaum.

Jan 22, 2019, 9:13 AM

He's looking on craigslist for a new buttsmoocheri in chief at this time. Since ESPiN still has Clemson ranked #1 in the way too early 2019 football polls Saban has dismissed the entire Network from further employment considerations.

He will choose Finebaum's replacement at chief buttsmoocher from Craigslist, Athlon, SB Nation, CBS and other media sources who have taken the mantle early and declared Alabama #1 in spite of the 44-16 askwhuppin in the CFP NCG.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2019, 9:53 AM

Does anyone really care what Finebaum thinks? He's a UT grad that became an Alabama lover in his desperate attempt to be relative. It didn't work. Anyone can jump on a bandwagon.

Jan 22, 2019, 9:56 AM

relevant I meant.

As long as there are threads this long

Jan 22, 2019, 12:51 PM

About him, he is very relevant.

Jan 22, 2019, 9:57 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Finebaum admits Clemson has a better program than Alabama ]

Speaking of UT fans, they believe that Amari Rodgers will transfer to 10-A-C with his dad. I don't think that he will, do any of you?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2019, 10:30 AM

Cannot imagine Amari making that choice at this point in his college career. UT should have hired Tee Martin as head coach last year. If they had, at that time I thought a transfer might be possible but I can’t see Amari leaving this program knowing he will be catching passes from Trevor for his last 2 years of eligibility.

Jan 22, 2019, 10:41 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Finebaum admits Clemson has a better program than Alabama ]

Uhhh, no Amari is not transferring to UT! He certainly loves his dad but UT is at least 5 yrs away from being relevant! They will need another head coach to make them competitive in the SEC...Pruitt doesn’t have the “it” factor. Besides, Amari has made a name for himself & is carving his own path to success!

Jan 22, 2019, 10:14 AM

He's looking to join the ACC network...

I hope he makes it.

Jan 22, 2019, 10:27 AM

His position would be the ACC's SUTBB liaison or Smoke up the butt blower.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2019, 10:22 AM

Until the A¢¢ produces as much ca$h for E$PN as the $EC, there may be momentary lapses, but just wait...the E$PN exaltation of the $EC will return!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait for what?

Jan 22, 2019, 10:29 AM

ESPiN has 5 SEC teams in their top ten already. Imo, they've settled down a bit for back when they put 10 SEC teams in the top 15 during the BCS era.

Jan 22, 2019, 11:39 AM

I believe Dabo Swinney is the best coach in college football now and for a good way's down the road. Not just because he has built a team like he has but he's built an whole program. The ppl he surrounds himself with are loyal and now a day's that is very important in whatever someone does in life not just football. He makes his coach's and his player's put the best version of themselves on display and it's paying off in big way's. You don't have all the rumors and reports of his player's or staff doing or saying thing's that would hurt the program because he holds them to a higher standard than other coach's that I've ever seen. He doesn't mind sitting a star player or coach out for doing or saying something stupid and to me that integrity alone is something that the college football world has needed for a long time and hasn't seen sence a Bear Bryant or a Danny Ford. I think if the ship stays the same no matter who is in whatever position on the field the Tiger's will be on or very near the top for a long time coming. Yes I'm a Tiger fan and have been all my life and will be until my death but if this man Dabo Swinney was coaching anywhere I would feel the same because wherever he is it will be a winning program for sure. Thanks for your time.GO TIGER'S!!!!!!

Jan 22, 2019, 11:55 AM

To be honest, I don't give a flying **** what all these experts think.

Their praise and their criticism is irrelevant to me.

I have faith in Dabo and the coaches. I have faith in the players. I feel a kindred spirit with my fellow Clemson fans.

The rest can take a running jump.

Jan 23, 2019, 8:27 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Finebaum admits Clemson has a better program than Alabama ]

Dabo has been the best coach in cfb. He turned this program around and let’s be honest during the Bowden days we were so inconsistent we were as bad as the lamecocks have always been. Dabo brought consistency, great leadership, developed a great loyal staff, and the winning turned into higher caliber recruits but he still holds these recruits to a standard no matter their talent. I believe with everything in me he’d never leave Clemson unless he was pushed out the door which I don’t see happening. Same thing with Brent Venables I just they’re sold on the dream, their legacy. I find it funny bama fans think Dabo is gonna go to them for an extra million when Saban retires. Dabo built his program and legacy so why leave that?

He's also just looking to stir the pot b/c he's trying to

Jan 22, 2019, 12:14 PM

create some more crazed callers for the remainder of the DownTime period.

Jan 22, 2019, 12:31 PM

Paul might find himself in divorce court after that comment.

Jan 22, 2019, 3:20 PM

The greatest Pauline convert in 2,000 years.

Someone call the HAZMAT Unit

Jan 22, 2019, 12:34 PM

SEC Heads just exploded all over the place.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Jan 22, 2019, 1:17 PM

Paul says stuff for no other reason than getting the Bama tubes to call his show to complain. He knows how to juice the ratings

Jan 22, 2019, 1:36 PM

Yep he's a juicer but the callers are great to listen to.

Awesome! Go Tigers!!***

Jan 22, 2019, 4:09 PM

Jan 22, 2019, 7:01 PM

We already know Paul so take your rat poison and shove it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fan wars !!!!!!

Jan 23, 2019, 12:37 PM

Clemson is the reigning national champions. That is all that can be said right now and should be sufficient.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

He’s getting ready to do a new show on The ACC network

Jan 23, 2019, 12:45 PM

He is trying to have it both ways. Since The ACC network doesn’t have a good “Paul” host he is thinking he may be able to jockey for a position as an Alabama homer on SEC and Clemson one on ACC. God help us...

So did he make it back to work today?

Jan 23, 2019, 8:48 PM

Or did the angry mob of SEC fans off him?

~JKB

Remember this launch date

Jan 24, 2019, 6:48 AM

and you will see not only Finebaum, but all of the ESPN pundits ease into a love relationship with Clemson and the ACC.

ESPN and the Atlantic Coast Conference have set August 22, 2019, as the launch date for the ACC Network.

Embarrassing Alabama was the springboard that ESPN needed to start becoming pro-Clemson. You’ll start seeing The Clemson Tigers in a lot more commercials and college football previews as they begin to promote their ACC Network.

And so it goes...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

~• Other than THAT Jackie, how was the parade? •~

Jan 27, 2019, 9:01 AM

To quote Basil Fawlty, this was a triumph of the bleeding obvious

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic