Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson junior TE will be honored on Senior Day
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson junior TE will be honored on Senior Day

Nov 13, 2018, 11:31 AM

Clemson junior TE will be honored on Senior Day

Clemson junior tight end Garrett Williams will be honored with the seniors running down the hill in pregame. Clemson coach Dabo Swinney said that Williams has g Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson is going to have to sign 35 this go around

Nov 13, 2018, 11:37 AM

yikes.

That's SEC-esque.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the limit is 30

Nov 13, 2018, 12:34 PM

25 per cycle plus up to 5 can be early enrollees and count towards last years class

Re: I think the limit is 30- think the limit only applies

Nov 13, 2018, 12:50 PM

to non SEC teams. Bama and others can do what they like. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

walk-ons will be happy again

Nov 13, 2018, 4:12 PM [ in reply to I think the limit is 30 ]

we pass out more walk-on scholarships than anyone I would guess.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson junior TE will be honored on Senior Day

Nov 13, 2018, 11:40 AM

Happy for GW if he decides to go into the military but dang I was looking forward to having him back 1 more.

I think all academic seniors should be honored on senior day

Nov 13, 2018, 11:43 AM

If they stay for their football senior year we can honor them again. Honor is cheap to the giver, it's only expensive for the honoree, they are the ones who forgo selfishness for selflessness to deserve the honor.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think all academic seniors should be honored on senior day

Nov 13, 2018, 11:58 AM

Great post! I agree 1000%.

110% is enough for me.***

Nov 13, 2018, 3:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think all academic seniors should be honored on senior day

Nov 13, 2018, 1:55 PM [ in reply to I think all academic seniors should be honored on senior day ]

Good call CT1988....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2018, 11:43 AM

the military will always be there... playing for clemson.. now, THAT is a chance of a lifetime. not, saying football is more important, cause it's not.. but, c'mon!!

Nov 13, 2018, 11:57 AM

What an unsung hero. He just goes out and gives his all, never asking for or seeking the limelight. As for him staying or going, I’d love to see him next year but it is honorable to join the military. I can see him being a hero, he already is in my book!

Nov 13, 2018, 12:30 PM

It’s easy to see that the Tigers are a different team with him in the game. The lack of sacks verifies that. Bryant would have been a better passer last year IF Williams had been able to play. I hope that he comes back because he is going to be one player that we will not easily replace. A score against ‘them’ would be nice

Nov 13, 2018, 12:51 PM

Congratulations to Garrett for graduating! But sure hope he comes back, he is a real difference maker.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2018, 1:01 PM

Personally I hope he chooses to come back and help the team, he is a TE blocker we need with TL as QB. The military will always be there, and why give up another year as a active Clemson Tiger for a high risk of being blown up by a coward over sea's some where. I'm very sure that GW will become an awesome officer in what ever branch of service he chooses, but I hope that he will give himself a little more time to mature and become more knowledgeable as a young adult before going off to defend our country. Yes I want him back at Clemson next year playing Clemson FB BUT, every time I watch the news and hearing about kids getting blown up, I say and I believe bc I have been there at a very young age, the age limit to become a soldier should be no less than 21 years of age. I say this mainly bc at age 18, you don't think things through as well as you do at 21. I 100% believe that entering the military at age 21 would give you a better chance of survival than if you entered at 18 bc 21 year old's do think more maturely that an 18 year old. Just my opinion bc when the age limit of 18 was set for entering the armed services, it was done bc our armed services needed as many bodies toting and firing a weapon as they could get to fight in the wars of the 40's, 50's, and 60's era. I'm 66 this month and I will never be called to go to war again, but I do believe the age limit should be raised to the age of 21. Our country sends our kids in harms way that isn't even old enough to buy them selves a beer. But we will put them in a uniform, and train them to kill at the age of 18, then send them off to war to kill or get killed. Something about that just isn't right IMO!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2018, 4:03 PM

Personally I hope he chooses to come back and help the team, he is a TE blocker we need with TL as QB. The military will always be there, and why give up another year as a active Clemson Tiger for a high risk of being blown up by a coward over sea's some where. I'm very sure that GW will become an awesome officer in what ever branch of service he chooses, but I hope that he will give himself a little more time to mature and become more knowledgeable as a young adult before going off to defend our country. Yes I want him back at Clemson next year playing Clemson FB BUT, every time I watch the news and hearing about kids getting blown up, I say and I believe bc I have been there at a very young age, the age limit to become a soldier should be no less than 21 years of age. I say this mainly bc at age 18, you don't think things through as well as you do at 21. I 100% believe that entering the military at age 21 would give you a better chance of survival than if you entered at 18 bc 21 year old's do think more maturely that an 18 year old. Just my opinion bc when the age limit of 18 was set for entering the armed services, it was done bc our armed services needed as many bodies toting and firing a weapon as they could get to fight in the wars of the 40's, 50's, and 60's era. I'm 66 this month and I will never be called to go to war again, but I do believe the age limit should be raised to the age of 21. Our country sends our kids in harms way that isn't even old enough to buy them selves a beer. But we will put them in a uniform, and train them to kill at the age of 18, then send them off to war to kill or get killed. Something about that just isn't right IMO!!!

Re: TNET: Cli agreeemson junior TE will be honored on Senior Day

Nov 13, 2018, 4:09 PM

I agree ??, I turned 19 in basic training 1967, my brother was drafted in 1968 and turned 19 in basic training. He survived Vietnam with 101st and was awarded a Bronze Star for his bravery. No one should be in a war zone before the age of 21.

Re: TNET: Clemson junior TE will be honored on Senior Day***

Nov 13, 2018, 4:03 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson junior TE will be honored on Senior Day ]

Let's have Caldwell decide to let Garrett help Anchrum

Nov 13, 2018, 3:48 PM

block the DE so that T-Law can have a little time to throw or our backs to get outside

Sounds like a young man that would make any mom and dad proud!!

Nov 14, 2018, 3:52 AM

I sure am proud he is a tiger! Breath of fresh air when you see so many others of his generation that just don't get it! I have a sister that is 18yrs younger in her early 20's and just had a baby. Pretty sure she couldn't balance a checkbook or put air in her tires, but she can teach a class on Facebook/Instagram and microwave a precooked chicken tender!

Re: Sounds like a young man that would make any mom and dad proud!!

Nov 14, 2018, 12:45 PM

Don't freak out, that is typical for the younger women these days. My grandson and his girl friend are both in their 20's, and both have decent jobs, and they eat like starving college students bc if it's to be cooked in a pot or frying pan, you won't find it in their apartment!!! They will actually plan a weekend get away to my house I think to eat home cooked meals. I don't mind and I'm really happy when they come bc my wife cooks for 3 or 4 people with every meal, and when my grandson do come, it gets eaten over being thrown away. Also as most grand parents are, I'm always glad to get the call that they are coming for the weekend. One of the first thing's he says when ever they come is, Gramps, do you have anything I can help you with, you bet, I work him while he is here, and we feed them well, and I will pay for his gas back to Florence. But most young people these days are Microwave junkies!!!:) :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic