Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: CFB analyst: Clemson has ‘formula’ to beat Alabama
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

TNET: CFB analyst: Clemson has ‘formula’ to beat Alabama

Nov 8, 2018, 2:48 PM

CFB analyst: Clemson has ‘formula’ to beat Alabama

Former ESPN and current Fox Sports analyst Danny Kanell has been no stranger to stirring things up in the college football world. Kanell, however, doesn’t see h Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: CFB analyst: Clemson has ‘formula’ to beat Alabama

Nov 8, 2018, 3:02 PM

;)

Danny obviously doesn’t know what he’s talking about

Nov 8, 2018, 4:14 PM

why else would we be on upset alert vs BC if we are the only team built to compete with Bama?

Nov 9, 2018, 2:00 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: CFB analyst: Clemson has ‘formula’ to beat Alabama ]

It's obvious TL continues to improve with every game. Plus we are playing all our talented backups and they are improving. By the time we meet Bama we will be unbeatable.

Don't take the cheese!***

Nov 8, 2018, 3:11 PM

Nov 8, 2018, 3:29 PM

Thoughts like these can get you fired from ESPN . . . oh wait?!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2018, 3:35 PM

He's really changed. Used to always be a hater and never gave us credit. Of course we've earned it but I also think his view of our program has gotten more objective too

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2018, 3:51 PM

He is very correct in his assessment of the two teams. TL isn’t really a mobile qb as DW4 was but the throws the ball pretty well when he scrambles, I think. Many of the experts don’t agree with this. Should this game actually take place at seasons end it likely will be more like the shootout in the desert in 2016. Hopefully with the Tigers scoring last!

Kanell mentioned Kelly in his commentary. What a waste of talent with that young guy. He had the world by the tail and wasn’t mature enough to accept his good fortune. If he had been ‘grown up’ enough to see where he was when the Tigers had him his career would have bloomed. Tigers have done ok without him!

Nov 8, 2018, 4:42 PM

One mistake/misstatement made in this video was that this is the first year that Bama has the quarterback edge, meaning they have the better QB. Not true about last year. Undoubtedly with KB at QB, Clemson didn't have the ability to pass the ball efficiently and move the ball down the field. That's why Bama won the game. It wasn't until Bama faced Georgia that they were at a QB disadvantage at the start of the game. That's why Tua came in at the beginning of the 2nd half, giving them the advantage and winning the game for them.

I think our QB situation with TL, even as a true freshman, makes us a much stronger opponent for Bama. Unless I'm sadly mistaken, I don't think the game is going to be "too big" for TL. He seems to thrive in this kind of situation.

One caveat!!!
We (meaning me, too) are doing exactly what Coach Swinney tells us not to do, and that's looking too far ahead. All this talk is not the "windshield" mentality that Coach Swinney stresses. We've proved, I think, that we stumble and fall when we look more than one game ahead, i.e. Syracuse and Pitt.

Swinney doesn't care if we look ahead

Nov 9, 2018, 3:18 AM

He expects us to do it because we are fans. He doesn't want his team to look ahead. That's his formula.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2018, 5:39 PM

I saw this segment and thought he presented a good case for us. CC has had us as a clear #2 for several weeks, although still giving 'bamer the edge. He and the other guy conceded to DK, an 8 point spread does make it a close game, and winnable for us.

The only thing many of them are missing is all the quality playing time for backups. I think that will be our edge.

Nov 10, 2018, 8:19 AM

The thing I’m worried about is if we make to the playoffs and play BAMA, I’m worried about our secondary trying to stop tua and their receivers, we are not deep this year in the secondary but it only takes one stop to win a game! If we make it I think it will be a shootout but ya never know.

he may be right...

Nov 8, 2018, 7:44 PM

...but remember it's an ESPN analysts they can't qualify for a study in Artificial Stupidity.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Nov 9, 2018, 8:40 AM

What’s he talking about? Hasn’t he listened to Paul Feinbaum? Nobody can beat Alabama! ??

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic