Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: CBS Sports weighs in with Clemson QB battle, Playoff predictions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

TNET: CBS Sports weighs in with Clemson QB battle, Playoff predictions

Aug 1, 2018, 12:30 PM

CBS Sports weighs in with Clemson QB battle, Playoff predictions

It’s not a matter of if, but when five-star freshman quarterback Trevor Lawrence takes over the Clemson offense this season, says a CBS Sports college football Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: CBS Sports weighs in with Clemson QB battle, Playoff predictions

Aug 1, 2018, 12:37 PM

AGREE. dABO HAS LOST ALREADY 1 GREAT PROSPECT, CANT BLAME HIM LEAVING

Aug 1, 2018, 5:39 PM

Who was that?

Aug 1, 2018, 9:53 PM

armsb said:

Who was that?

Hunter Johnson

Aug 1, 2018, 12:38 PM

I agree with this assessment but we will be unstoppable with either QB

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Aug 1, 2018, 12:46 PM

I think we can win with any of the top 3.

Even if TL wins the starting job, I expect KB to get a lot of playing time. If our defense plays as well as expected, we're going to want a QB who can take care of the football, manage the running game, eat clock, and grind the other team into the ground.

Aug 1, 2018, 1:06 PM

ESPN Power Rankings Top-10
1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Ohio State
4. Georgia

Your in good shape to win it all!

Aug 1, 2018, 5:37 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: CBS Sports weighs in with Clemson QB battle, Playoff predictions ]

We won't win it all w/ KB. Write it down.

Aug 1, 2018, 5:40 PM

Why?? Bama beat us twice running the dayum ball

Aug 1, 2018, 7:25 PM

2015 season when they beat us they had multiple deep passes to OJ Howard who had 208 receiving yards and 2 TD's alone and Jake Coker threw for 335 yards that night not counting Kenyan Drake bringing a KO return to the house, that was nearly half of their points so I wouldn't say they beat us "running the ball" when 2/3 of their offense was generated through the air.

Aug 2, 2018, 7:57 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: CBS Sports weighs in with Clemson QB battle, Playoff predictions ]

Yeah, and Bama is well known for having a terrible run defense people can run against easily without a downfield passing game, right? Smh

Tigermaul = marlborocountycoot = dgcannon39

Aug 1, 2018, 7:36 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: CBS Sports weighs in with Clemson QB battle, Playoff predictions ]

write it down

Aug 1, 2018, 1:08 PM

Where did they ever get the idea there was a battle?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2018, 3:32 PM

Even a blind and deaf person knows that there will be a QB battle at Clemson, it would be impossible not to have a QB battle with the receiving talent that we have and must get the ball down field for them to maximize their effect on the game. I will go with KB being more able to control the clock near the end of a game, but the ball must be in TL hands to get a big enough lead to even want to grind the clock down, and KB with our stable of RBs I think would be better suited for that type of game in the mid to late 4th quarter... I think that TL is more for a strike fast and often big yardage type QB like it was with DW4 with the exception that DW4 could use his running ability and short yard passing game to grind away at the play clock. I think that DW4 was one of the best QB's that we have ever had at making 1st downs when we had to have them for running the clock down....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2018, 4:20 PM

Don't discount TL running ability. He showed the coaches during spring practice that he's go some wheels as well. Remember the coaches bragging about his 75 yard run during spring practice that he was supposedly pulling away from out DB's. During the spring game he had a big run called back due to the 2 hand touch rule on QB's plus another TD pass. As far as the best QB to get 1st downs when they were needed on runs, its hard to go against Boyd. He was a 1st down freak running the ball. He had the size to run people over when he got moving. Go Tigers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2018, 5:46 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: CBS Sports weighs in with Clemson QB battle, Playoff predictions ]

It is an absolute myth that TL is not mobile. Watch his film. KB is a pretty good QB. TL may well turn out to be the best QB to ever play at Clemson. How is this debate even occurring?? And we are wondering whether or not to start him?? He and KB went head to head in the Spring game. How did that turn out???

Tigermaul = marlborocountycoot = dgcannon39 = tiger michael

Aug 1, 2018, 7:37 PM

Aug 1, 2018, 2:03 PM

Spot on

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2018, 3:53 PM

Yes-
The ultimate strategy and most dominating (and entertaining) victory is for TL to overwhelm them the first three quarters and KB to grind out the closure.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2018, 4:33 PM

Interesting. Maybe we all have it wrong the other way, with KB starting and TL coming in late. TL is more explosive but probably a bit more risky. KB is pretty solid in not turning it over.

Aug 1, 2018, 5:10 PM

Dabo's been clear from the start, every year. It's a competition for who's best at any position. It's no battle, just a method to get the best from everyone. The "analysts" just want to incite controversy. Armchair coaches have many opinions about starting QBs to best team to best coaches and everything in between. Seems they all agree our Tigers are the team to beat this year. Glad our fans and the "experts" can agree on something.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2018, 6:55 PM

Bingo. Spot on. We can all guess and give opinions. Best coaching staff in CFB got this covered. My GUESS is KB starts and TL gets enough playing time to determine he is next GOAT. I would like to see both playing in games to make defenses prepare for both styles. When separation occurs....go with the best player. Either way it’s gonna be a great year to be a TIGER,,, Spot the ball and strap em on tight. Go Tigers

Aug 1, 2018, 7:14 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: CBS Sports weighs in with Clemson QB battle, Playoff predictions ]

Bingo. Spot on. We can all guess and give opinions. Best coaching staff in CFB got this covered. My GUESS is KB starts and TL gets enough playing time to determine he is next GOAT. I would like to see both playing in games to make defenses prepare for both styles. When separation occurs....go with the best player. Either way it’s gonna be a great year to be a TIGER,,, Spot the ball and strap em on tight. Go Tigers

Bentley promises to exchange rankings with OSU by next week***

Aug 1, 2018, 5:51 PM

I would love to see all 3 QB's get meaningful snaps every

Aug 1, 2018, 7:19 PM

game. Let's put the Heisman focus on CW42 and go full 3-headed monster at the QB position. It's a team game, and we swap WR's and RB's regularly. I don't believe there's any proof that it has to be just 1 QB all the time taking a whole game to keep the rhythm. Our guys are coached too well for that.

KB starts and works first 2 drives of each game? From there, mix it up. Drives, plays. If we're practicing it that way, we can execute it on the field. Everybody on offense would know what to expect from whoever is under center. Opposing defenses won't. Every team has a weakness. If one style is moving the ball and scoring points, leave it be. Adjust as necessary, and engage every QB in the game that the coaches trust.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are kidding I hope ...

Aug 1, 2018, 9:20 PM

Or are you encouraging Clemson coaches to destroy the opportunities for the QB and the star WRs to find the rhythm needed to win the most difficult games?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As I said, "prove" that it would hurt rhythm.

Aug 2, 2018, 9:45 PM

That it would is only supposition. Zero evidence to the contrary. Zero.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would love to see all 3 QB's get meaningful snaps every

Aug 2, 2018, 7:15 AM [ in reply to I would love to see all 3 QB's get meaningful snaps every ]

I also want to see all 3 QBs play in every game. I have no idea who will start, hopefully the QB that had the best week in practice. I hope we never start a QB that has to limp onto the field! I hope any of the three are ready to play.
If all 3 play, we will be in control of the game. I expect injuries as well, since Morris came to Clemson I do not remember a QB not being injured at some point. Tahj was often injured but kept getting up.. Toughest QB that I remember at Clemson. I am not sure he ever fully recovered from all those hits.

Aug 2, 2018, 9:55 PM

This all you need to know , in CFB today you have Bama and Clemson then the rest.
Bama won in 15, then Clemson in 16, then Bama in 17.
So the smart money is on Clemson in 18
15-0 baby go Tigers !

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic