Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: ACC Network announces commentators, studio analysts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 51

TNET: ACC Network announces commentators, studio analysts

Jul 17, 2019, 11:31 AM

ACC Network announces commentators, studio analysts

ACC Network (ACCN), the new, 24/7 national platform launching on August 22, 2019, announced its football booth teams, additional on-air personalities and a pair Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: ACC Network announces commentators, studio analysts

Jul 17, 2019, 11:43 AM

I don't have an issue with any one commentator but here is the strange thing:

All former "Big East" schools (lumping ND with 'em).

Not one traditional ACC school being voiced.

Very, very odd... ok, not have a UNCheat homer but at least get a Wake grad or something in the mix otherwise I wonder if they will understand some of the more classic ACC elements...

I don't have a problem with any of them- sounds like a first

Jul 17, 2019, 12:54 PM

class operation. FWIW Syracuse has probably the top broadcasting school in the country so never a surprise when any host or commentator comes from there. The experience the other guys have is vast. No surprise BC guys and ND guy with experience and who grew up in the biz basically were tabbed- they usually are all well-spoken. Wouldn't be surprised if those schools have broadcasting type programs also. Wes, Packer etc. had already been announced with their bios- They are old ACC guys- McClain was a Tiger and if he does well has the ability to take on bigger roll in the future as he is young. Noticed some CLT sports reporter in there also, probably some others. Overall- this looks very good. I would not be surprised to see Kanell come over once his Fox contract is up.

Will be interesting to see if the University is able to leverage the on campus studios to create some additional classes/major to dev some talent in this field.

Re: I don't have a problem with any of them- sounds like a first

Jul 17, 2019, 1:14 PM

Yeah, it is a good team, just an odd observation. I think Cuse, NWstrn, and USC tend to be the media schools, Maryland was ok back in the day and the Mrs FutureDoc nearly went to Emerson for her masters (Clemson instead thank goodness). A lot of media schools in the DC/Boston Corridor.

I was looking to see where they would get some traid bias but I guess they could not find a heel that would show up to work, a dooker that could be bothered, or a sober state alumni.

Re: I don't have a problem with any of them- sounds like a first

Jul 17, 2019, 2:49 PM

I only see Wes Durham because of his Daddy being a potential Triangle homer.

Wes will be fine, he has spent more time at GATech than

Jul 17, 2019, 4:21 PM

anywhere else. He is also co-hosting the ACC Morning show five days a week, with Mark Packer. They have been doing it on SiriusXM radio for almost two years, and do a great job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2019, 11:48 AM

Tigernet needs to give the affiliations of each of the names. I like Wes Durham as an announcer, but if he goofs, calls of bias will arise.

Jul 17, 2019, 12:01 PM

I’m on board with Katie George. I might even refrain from sammich jokes if she wears those mini skirts.

Katie George, former Miss Kentucky...

Jul 17, 2019, 12:45 PM

and Louisville volleyball player:

you gotta be kidding me ...

Jul 17, 2019, 11:53 PM

top of the Nielsen ratings right there , ,

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: ACC Network announces commentators- No Bowden

Jul 17, 2019, 12:34 PM

so Richt takes the spot of boring out of touch guy? ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2019, 12:55 PM

Isn't Mark Packer doing a Finebaum type show everyday on the network?
GO TIGERS!!!

Mark & Wes Durham are doing their ACC morning show, which

Jul 17, 2019, 4:26 PM

has been on SiriusXM (channel 371) for two years, and it will now be on ACCN. No, it's not anything like Finebum, way better and way classier! And much more informative!

Glad they have ACC people instead of the SEC homers

Jul 17, 2019, 3:47 PM

on our network saying things like Clemson had SEC speed and such. They need to be saying their teams have Clemson speed, except when they are being run of the field by Clemson in Santa Clara.

Replies: 13
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic