Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Last-chance effort falls short as No. 5 UNC escapes Littlejohn with 81-79 win
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

TNET: Last-chance effort falls short as No. 5 UNC escapes Littlejohn with 81-79 win

Mar 2, 2019, 8:27 PM

Last-chance effort falls short as No. 5 UNC escapes Littlejohn with 81-79 win

Shelton Mitchell’s drive into the lane with five seconds remaining was knocked away by two North Carolina defenders and No. 5 UNC held on to defeat Clemson 81-79 Saturday evening at Littlejohn Coliseum. Photo by Joshua S. Kelly / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No! The last chance did not fall short

Mar 2, 2019, 8:56 PM

The noffcalina ####sucking ref swallowed his whistle

among other

uh

things

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Why do you whitewash the ending sequence?

Mar 2, 2019, 9:01 PM

Mitchell was obviously fouled and knocked to the ground with a no call. He should have been shooting free throws.

Bigger question, why didn't Brownell raise H#ll?

Mar 3, 2019, 5:30 AM

I think Dabo would have? I think Brownell failure to take up for his players is a big fault!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he had maintained better possession of the ball prior to

Mar 3, 2019, 8:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Why do you whitewash the ending sequence? ]

the contact, he most likely would have gotten the call. He was losing the ball prior to contact. Yes UNC would have gotten the call no matter what if things were reversed, but what's new.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Last-chance effort falls short as No. 5 UNC escapes Littlejohn with 81-79 win

Mar 3, 2019, 7:53 AM

I'm feeling sorry for our team. Played well and hard. Everyone knows a foul was committed with approximately 2 seconds left. A very tough loss.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We won nearly all stats in the box score...

Mar 3, 2019, 8:27 AM

...except for rebounding. Specifically offensive rebounding. I don't believe in the philosophy of sending everyone back after a shot unless someone is rotating by the board. Same fault as putting 0 or 1 in for free throws. If we can run the court on offense, we can run the court on defense. We're giving up enough opportunities (ie points) to overcome all of these close losses. If we're in March and we don't know who to pick up in transition, that's also on coaching.

Refs were historically bad in this one too, but that will continue to be as long as a bottom dweller/lower mid pack is playing a blue blood. I remember it during the Bowden years it was similar in football. Ron Cherry anyone?

Bottom line, if you don't have equal talent, you have to be aggressive, or break tendency. Brownell's conservatism hurts our program in multiple ways.

PS - props to Trapp, great game! To show I'm not one sided... great play call by Brownell after a free throw to Reed on a back door cut ("57" called multiple times by Mitchell) I've never seen us run that, and it worked beautifully!

Here, let me fix that for you...

Mar 3, 2019, 9:01 AM

"TNET: Last-chance effort gets knocked on its ### but no whistles blown as No. 5 UNCheat buys yet another win over the Tigers."

Re: Here, let me fix that for you...

Mar 3, 2019, 1:48 PM

Thank you BengalBilly. Glad some one can write the appropriate title.

At least CBS Sports recognized

Mar 3, 2019, 2:28 PM

the way the game actually ended!

I’m pretty sure those fargon bastage refs were wearing baby blue Roy Williams underwear underneath their “referee costumes.”

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/north-carolina-vs-clemson-score-chaotic-ending-and-no-call-on-unc-gives-tar-heels-a-2-point-win/amp/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Clemson is never, EVER going to get that call vs UNC

Mar 3, 2019, 7:16 PM

It’s just not going to happen.

Much higher percentage to try to get a decent look from three point range for the win.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic