Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Escape Doom: Tigers hold on in wild finish, escape Texas A&M with 28-26 victory
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

TNET: Escape Doom: Tigers hold on in wild finish, escape Texas A&M with 28-26 victory

Sep 8, 2018, 10:46 PM

Escape Doom: Tigers hold on in wild finish, escape Texas A&M with 28-26 victory

Kelly Bryant made plays when he had to and Clemson’s defense received the break of the night as Clemson held on for a thrilling 28-26 victory over Texas A&M at Kyle Field Saturday night. Photo by Jerome Miron / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hot Take

Sep 8, 2018, 10:53 PM

Offensive play-calling was atrocious at the end of the game. And that QB for A&M is impressive

Re: TNET: Escape Doom: Tigers hold on in wild finish, escape Texas A&M with 28-26 victory

Sep 8, 2018, 10:54 PM

Don't think the Tigers will be number 2 come Tuesday. Definitely get jumped by UGA and I could see them behind OSU and OU based on this week's performance. Might be good for them, still lots of football to play this season.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Escape Doom: Tigers hold on in wild finish, escape Texas A&M with 28-26 victory

Sep 9, 2018, 1:12 AM

You could be right, but UGA, OU, and OSU haven't faced a team this good on the road. Mond could be the best QB that we have ever faced... Mobile and very accurate... Kind of like playing against Watson... And he had huge receivers that knew how to jump and catch... And he had a huge line that was allowed to hold... That would be tough for any of those 3 teams to beat on the road in front of almost 105,000 screaming fans. A good win with terrible OC play calling and another offensive line that struggles to create running lanes.

Sep 8, 2018, 11:09 PM

My take:
KB is still the main QB
Pass coverage is terrible. No better than when we got whooped by Bama
Awful offensive play calling. I dont know why we are so obsessed with running the QB. The best play KB did was the one he changed himself.
A&M got away with a lot of holding.

Sep 9, 2018, 2:24 PM

Tiger Doctor
You thought there was a lot of uncalled holding by TAMU's offensive line, too?
On one play they actually tackled Cristian Wilkins with no call. I don't understand why our defensive linemen weren't complaining to the refs. No wonder we didn't have more sacks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2018, 11:53 PM

It appeared to me that A&M played to win, offensively and defensively, and we played not to lose. That doesn’t work so well when the defense gives up 500+ yards... We were outplayed in just about every facet of the game and, I hate to say, outcoached. A&M made adjustments and hung it all out there, while our adjustments, especially on the defensive side, were non-existent. I do see 2 big positives: 1- I’d rather us win a game we should have lost than lose a game we should have won; 2- This should be a big wake-up call. I also thought Kellen Mond reminded me of Deshaun Watson with his poise, escapability, and playmaking. Hats off to A&M for a great plan and an unbelievable effort!

Sep 9, 2018, 12:00 AM

I do hope that OCs read your post!!! Last year and this are beginning to feel the same... Playing safe to not lose.

Sep 9, 2018, 12:31 AM

Playing not to lose; ask Muschamp how that worked at UF.

Sep 9, 2018, 1:16 AM

...our defense was awesome, but only occasionally, not at all consistently, and that QB, Mond, for TA&M was unbelievable. And I believe he's just put himself in the [meaningless] "Heisman" race, if he continues to perform the way he did tonight. The entire game happened exactly as I thought it might, with us winning as closely as we did - with as much "luck" as skill and determination. Jimbo had our number, and the talent, and came up short, once again - thank goodness!!!

Go Tigers!!!!!

Sep 9, 2018, 3:42 PM

Mond's ability to run negated part of our pass rush. Holding by TMs OL did more. How many passes yds and TDs were by that one receiver... The WR should be in the Heisman race!

Sep 9, 2018, 3:53 PM

7 catches, 120 yds, 2TDs... And 1 TD would not have been caught by any else maybe both TDs. Monday is good... bur that WR will be a top 5 draft pick....

Sep 9, 2018, 6:06 PM

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic