Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson vs. Alabama prediction: Heavyweight title fight in Cali
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson vs. Alabama prediction: Heavyweight title fight in Cali

Jan 7, 2019, 8:01 AM

Clemson vs. Alabama prediction: Heavyweight title fight in Cali

No. 1 Alabama and No. 2 Clemson square off later today in the College Football Playoff National Championship Game at Levi’s Stadium. Alabama and Clemson will meet for the 19th time in series history and the fourth consecutive season in the College Football Playoff. Monday’s matchup will also be the third pairing between the two schools in the CFP National Championship Game with a 1-1 split in the Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson vs. Alabama prediction: Heavyweight title fight in Cali

Jan 7, 2019, 8:08 AM

34-17ish, Clemson

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2019, 8:39 AM

BY 3 points, Clemson 31-Bama 28!

Jan 7, 2019, 8:50 AM

34-23 Tigers... a two score victory would be sa-weeeeeeeeet!!!!!!

Jan 7, 2019, 9:28 AM

Clemson 41 Bama 24...

Jan 14, 2019, 11:51 AM

You were the closest of this group! But no one could have predicted that beat down!

Jan 7, 2019, 9:50 AM

While I agree with everything in this article, the safety play of the tigers will be the key factor. If Tua is healthy???, that will be where this game is won or lost. I believe these teams have enough on the front 7 to make the run games honest. Less than 125yds from each team on the ground. Solid safety play = Tigers 35-27. Mistakes or 1 to 2 busts Bama 40-31. Just my non expert view of this game. So come on Safeties be the difference!!

35-24

Jan 7, 2019, 9:52 AM

take it to the bank

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 35-24

Jan 14, 2019, 11:52 AM

You were too pessimistic!

Jan 7, 2019, 10:25 AM

Clemson or Bama are not perfect, they both will make a bone headed mistake, Bama is has more talent star power wise, but, I believe that Clemson has the best over all coaching bc Clemson rarely has any coaching turnovers and Bama does, coaching, Advantage Clemson!!!

Who do I think can and will win the the game, the team that has less critical turn overs, and the team that wants it the most, and the team that can be All In 100% of the entire game. The team that does that will win. Being that I do believe that Clemson is the better coached team, I give Clemson a slight edge over the more talented Bama!!!!

Just remember this over any and everything you will hear the Know It All's say before the kickoff, the reason these two teams will play each other, is to see who really has the best team on the field. What ever is said before the game, it doesn't matter, But, what you see on the score board after the game has been played is the only thing that matters!!! The best team will have the highest number on the score board at the end of the game. That is truly the only thing that Matters!!! 31-28 Good guys!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2019, 11:01 AM

I'm feeling good about this game. I'm not worried about our secondary. Too and their WR's are going to make plays - and it won't be because of our secondary, it will be because Bama has the same amount of talent that we do. Beyond tired of hearing about that Texas AM game and our secondary. The Aggies had some very good breaks with quite a few throws and catches in that game. While KB2 came in and did some good things, I'm not sure that TL16 couldn't have sorted through it had he been the only one to play that game. KB2 is also the reason the game was closer than it should have been. As for SCAR, I really don't think our team took them seriously to be honest. That was our "off" game and we won by 21. This game will be about our O-Line and if they can protect TL16 and open some holes for ETN. And it will be about how our D-Line and how quickly we can disrupt Tua. Aside from the starters, I'm expecting a big game out of XT. That kid WILL get to Tua.

Jan 7, 2019, 11:39 AM

We do hear a lot about Clemson vs TAMU and Clemson vs Coots. But how about Bama's last four games? They've given up 17, 21, 28, and 34. That's 25 per game. Not exactly elite.

Jan 7, 2019, 11:19 AM

Go Nikki!!!! She has the best record all year so I’m liking her prediction!!!

Really worried about our OL and safeties

Jan 7, 2019, 11:44 AM

It's not that the OL is bad, but I worry about the Q guy causing some issues. I'd otherwise feel great about our chances on offense. We can go toe to toe with anyone at WR, RB, and QB.

On defense, it is all kinds of sucky that we're missing Dex but I think the safety play is the thing that would be most likely to sink us.

But of the two, probably worried more at OL. I think we would have a shot in a shootout if we can keep up.

Jan 7, 2019, 12:25 PM

"Team with the most heart",eh? My last checkup,the 'ol ticker was just fine on the ekg...Now comes the stress test...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

38-27 Clemson***

Jan 7, 2019, 2:27 PM

I'm going with Hannah's prediction

Jan 7, 2019, 2:35 PM

31-28 Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2019, 3:13 PM

I hope Nikki is right

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: 30 - 21, Clemson wins

Jan 7, 2019, 4:17 PM

Clemson will be just as physical and nasty as Alabama. Dexter Lawrence is out but bama is missing a starting offensive lineman and more importantly, one of their starting linebackers is badly limited (maybe out) by a hamstring. Is Tua's leg 100% healthy? Maybe.

But I think the game changer is Trevor Lawrence, a once-in-a-generation QB. He has the physical gifts of a Peyton Manning and ice water in his veins like a Joe Montana. His arm stretches the field and makes all of Clemson's other offensive weapons that much more dangerous.

As for the coaches, Dabo Swinney and his staff have shown they're equal to anybody in preparation, in-game adjustments and savvy this year. Saban is the king but honestly, he seems tired, almost down. Clemson looks hungry and beneath all their politeness, angry.

Sure, like everybody else here I may look foolish reading this tomorrow. But I can predict this much with certainty: Even if Clemson somehow does get beat tonight they will not lose. They don't know the meaning of quit and I admire that a lot.

Bama came out tonight...

Jan 8, 2019, 10:54 AM

a little light in the loafers. Not trying to rub it in but, yeah, I'm rubbing this one in until the skin is raw.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll see your two Nattys, 55 wins, and raise you one extra

Jan 14, 2019, 11:54 AM

conference Championship. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic