Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson vs. Alabama fatigue? ESPN's Fowler and Herbstreit say no way
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson vs. Alabama fatigue? ESPN's Fowler and Herbstreit say no way

Jan 5, 2019, 8:01 AM

Clemson vs. Alabama fatigue? ESPN's Fowler and Herbstreit say no way

As No. 1 Alabama and No. 2 Clemson are set to square off for the fourth time in four years (three times in the national championship game) Monday at 7 p.m. at Levi Stadium, there’s been a lot of talk amongst college football fans and even national pundits that the matchup between the Tigers and Tide has grown tiresome. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson vs. Alabama fatigue? ESPN's Fowler and Herbstreit say no way

Jan 5, 2019, 8:22 AM

Answer is simple -you don't want us playing -beat us!

Jan 5, 2019, 12:10 PM

Absolutely, and there isn't a more simpler answer than that, just beat us during the season, beat us in the playoffs if they don't like seeing us in one of the top spots, and do the same with Bama, just beat them!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I keep HEARING that there's talk of matchup fatigue

Jan 5, 2019, 10:57 AM

But, I've never actually heard any of the TALK. Who, exactly, has said that they are fatigued of the matchup? This article says there are fans and pundits. Who are the pundits? All I hear from them is that they love the matchup. The pundits I hear say they disagree with that sentiment. But, with whom are they disagreeing? It seems to me that they are just standing on an imaginary soapbox.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I keep HEARING that there's talk of matchup fatigue

Jan 5, 2019, 9:20 AM

ALL of media is like this. They make up a controversy & then report on it as if it is reality with vague references to the "problem". They need to fill air time & attract viewers. Whatever they need to do to bring in the Ad revenue.

The media drive the conversation on what is important and what is not by what it decides to report, not report & how it is reported. Politics, immigration, social justice, global warming, healthcare, football playoff--you name it.

Re: I keep HEARING that there's talk of matchup fatigue

Jan 5, 2019, 10:34 AM [ in reply to I keep HEARING that there's talk of matchup fatigue ]

The “pundits “ are jealous homers who covet what they do not have. Deep inside them is a huge empty hole, but no amount of envy nor complaining or excuses ever can fill it up. That is what really eats them up inside. Coots always have had it when it comes to us, but now others have it. Envy is a terrible thing for some to deal with.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2019, 9:37 AM

Teams that wanted to be in, UGA lost to UT, Oklahoma lost to Alabama, ND lost to us, Ohio State won rose but lost big to Purdue, best win was Michigan, who lost big to Florida. UCF lost to LSU... There are no teams that have a case to be in this game.

Jan 5, 2019, 10:26 AM

Both Alabama and Clemson have been building and maintaining their programs for years. They "reload" every year. They are not in it for just a couple of years. They are in it for the long haul. They are consistently great teams producing some of the best talent in football. Many players on both teams go pro. They attract and sign top talent each and every year. There is a reason for their continued success and it boils down to a positive culture, the character of each player and coach and the focus to be the best. They are "All In". If other teams don't like Alabama or Clemson being there every year then they need to beat us! GO TIGERS!!

Re: TNET: Clemson vs. Alabama fatigue? ESPN's Fowler and Herbstreit say no way***

Jan 5, 2019, 10:37 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson vs. Alabama fatigue? ESPN's Fowler and Herbstreit say no way***

Jan 5, 2019, 10:37 AM

Meant to say, well said!

Jan 5, 2019, 11:51 AM

What has been done at Clemson can be repeated . Clemson wasn't a blue-blood , but Dabo and TDP and the BOT all decided that we wanted to be and transformed CDS's vision into this glorious reality we have now .
I think the right moves and forward thinking could do the same at just about any place where the right people and ideas to do so are allowed to coalesce and render .
Alabama had built in advantages . A lot of places do and we know their names . The old guard . Those schools can do it just about with only a good coaching hire ( Saban to Tuscaloosa , Meyer to Gainesville/Columbus ) .
For a school like Clemson University however , it takes great planning and a great many people working single-mindedly toward a lofty goal .
Dabo got it done . A spectacular feat indeed .
Others can have it , but there has to be sacrifice and more sacrifice to build an elite where there was none before .

Come on up everybody ... says Tiger Nation .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 5, 2019, 3:20 PM

Great points! I'm sorry. Who is BOT?

Jan 6, 2019, 7:07 PM

board of trustees

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive