Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson OL commit says he grew up a South Carolina fan
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson OL commit says he grew up a South Carolina fan

May 26, 2019, 8:01 AM

Clemson OL commit says he grew up a South Carolina fan

What once was a childhood dream team becomes an in-state rival for 2019 commit Mason Trotter. Trotter, an offensive guard out of Roebuck (SC) Dorman, grew up a South Carolina fan, but roles have changed after his recent commitment to Clemson. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^Muschump will start transfer recruiting him now after reading this article.^^

May 26, 2019, 8:06 AM

Now he’s going to learn even more “secrets” before he gets fired.

Oh, no!!!

~JKB

Re: TNET: Clemson OL commit says he grew up a South Carolina fan

May 26, 2019, 9:07 AM

Wasted scholarship

May 26, 2019, 9:15 AM

Stupid post of the day

Coot trolls tend to be stupid.***

May 26, 2019, 8:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

May 26, 2019, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson OL commit says he grew up a South Carolina fan ]

Remember that one time we offered a 2* WR from Dorman and everyone thought it was just to get Charone Peak? How did that work out for us?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

May 26, 2019, 2:28 PM

We have had many 2 star players come in with fans frowning at the offer, and they have become at least solid 4 players. If our coaches have offered him, and has give him a full ride, that tells me that they see a lot more in this kid than any of us could possibly see, and I'm accepting their judgement over any fan that is being negative toward this kid on a keyboard!!!! Shame on you if you are guilty of putting this kid down for accepting the very same offer than any of you would accept even if you didn't know a thing about FB. As I have said more times than I can remember, NOT ONE Clemson player of any Clemson sport MADE a coach offer them a chance, or offer them a free ride through a scholarship to play sports at Clemson. Our COACHES invited them to come to Clemson under what ever the circumstances were when they accepted the coach or coaches invitation to come and play for Clemson... Somebody that plays sports in HS would have to be beyond stupid to turn that offer down unless they had the same offer at another school that they wanted to play for more than at Clemson!!! Remember, these kids just can't make up their minds to play at where they want to, they have to be invited by a coach, and there is no other way that they could come and play at Clemson, absolutely no other way!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2019, 10:05 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson OL commit says he grew up a South Carolina fan ]

Why on earth would you make this comment? What possible good could come from it?
I'd bet you know nothing about this young man's skills.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2019, 12:19 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson OL commit says he grew up a South Carolina fan ]

And who are you again? Posting stupid doesn't help you.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2019, 12:48 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson OL commit says he grew up a South Carolina fan ]

Wasted comment... Explain why crappie, you know the kid. You know his work ethic. You don't know squat.

May 26, 2019, 6:45 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson OL commit says he grew up a South Carolina fan ]

I just don't understand why any true for real Clemson fan would post on a fan board that our coaches has wasted a scholarship on a kid. What if that was your kid "itxskrtt" and one of our fans made a statement like that towards your son, please tell just how cool or plain stupid you would feel that fan of the team your son was invited to come and play for was. Any fan of any team should never make a statement like that on an internet forum even it that was the way you felt. I mean that is low for even a coot!!! Have you never learn or heard that somethings are better left unsaid even when that's the way you really feel. Only a freaking Idiot does things like that IMFO!!!

May 26, 2019, 7:08 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson OL commit says he grew up a South Carolina fan ]

Wasted bits.

May 26, 2019, 8:37 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson OL commit says he grew up a South Carolina fan ]

itxskrtt said:

Wasted scholarship

DA Post Of the day...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Getting a gray shirt offer from Clemson is gold

May 26, 2019, 9:08 AM

Dabo always saves a few scholarships for walk-ons so a gray shirt is almost 100%

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you can't beat em, join em.***

May 26, 2019, 9:18 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2019, 9:54 AM

Not a true USuC fan. How do you grow up a fan of a team and go play for your rival? I get it....the opportunity to play for CU is huge but I don’t get how anyone could go play for their rival. But then again, I see through Orange lenses for sure.

Ask Xavier Thomas

May 26, 2019, 10:31 AM

I guess for some. Opportunity, winning, and personal growth are more important than supporting a losing program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2019, 10:36 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson OL commit says he grew up a South Carolina fan ]

I smell chicken.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 1, 2019, 11:57 AM

It does have an awful smell that can be picked up whenever one is present!!!

May 26, 2019, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson OL commit says he grew up a South Carolina fan ]

Most kids that grow up a fan of a certain team do so because their family follows that team. When it comes to choosing a college though you should be looking at what is best for you (Myles Murphy) and nothing else.

DA post #2

May 27, 2019, 7:23 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson OL commit says he grew up a South Carolina fan ]

I’m a huge Clemson fan. Grew up one. But college sports is pretty much at the bottom of my totem pole of priorities in life. As a student athlete who was recruited by most D-1 schools (tennis) I wasn’t concerned about my love for Clemson at the time. I was concerned about education and playing time. Things like proximity to where I wanted to live. Only “fans” care about rivalries at unhealthy levels. Athletes actually use logic and think about their future when considering college choices.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Stinky coots***

May 26, 2019, 11:31 AM

Re: Stinky coots***

May 26, 2019, 12:20 PM

He wont be back. Hit and run artist.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson OL commit says he grew up a South Carolina fan***

May 26, 2019, 12:22 PM

Re: TNET: Clemson OL SIGNEE grew up a South Carolina fan

May 26, 2019, 12:24 PM

To the author...sister you might want to know the difference between a “signee” and a “commitment” before writing an article. Whoever edited this should have known the difference. Good luck being taken seriously as a recruiting news outlet. That’s a kindergarten mistake to an educated audience that takes recruiting much more seriously than the author has the ability to deliver. Poor!!

Major party foul. Trotter is NOT committed. He has already signed his LOI.

Message was edited by: TIGERnTR

Message was edited by: TIGERnTR

May 26, 2019, 4:01 PM

And the LOI that he signed, it was presented to him by HC Dabo Swinney, or one of his assistants. Everyone that is being negative toward the kid's talent or skills bc of a star ratings done magazine writers that calls what they do,"Sports" journalism, bet the entire farm that they're not close to being qualified to see what Dabo and his staff do see in this kid. I'll be the very first to admit that there are some that they give a shot to, they don't always adjust to the college game as our coaches first believe they would. But for every 2 star they take a chance on one out 5 makes it worth the risk when that one turns out to be like a Grady Jarrett even though he was a 3 star, same for Vic Beasley, and Adam Humphries only offer was Clemson, and he came in as a walk on, but there are other 2 star Clemson recruits that came in, worked their butts off and became very good FB players us at Clemson. So even if they are 1 star or walk on, I trust that Dabo or a coach on his staff saw something in those guys that everyone else just plain and Simple missed, and their loss has many times been out gain, and we didn't have to put in countless hours to wine and dine them to get their name on a LOI!!!

Jun 1, 2019, 2:58 PM

There are many original 2 star OL playing in the NFL. The last Super Bowl had at least 2 starting.

If everyone is worried he may pull a Belk, I guess he could be water boarded for a few days to see where he really stands. Give me a break! He must want to be a Tiger or he wouldn't have signed.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heartwarming

May 26, 2019, 7:12 PM

Such a heartwarming story. I get choked up when I hear stories of people overcoming traumatic childhood circumstances and excelling. Here's to you, proving that it is a wonderful world after all. Welcome to the family!

I look forward to seeing him play in Death Valley

Jun 5, 2019, 2:59 AM

where champions play! Until about the age of 9 or 10 I kind of pulled for Georgia because my best friend moved to Toccoa even though his family were strong Clemson fans who attended nearly every game.

After a couple of trips to Death Valley and I think we had an undefeated year in '74 at home I was sold on the Tigers no question about it!

it seems like Mike O'Cain was our qb then and I honestly thought even though he got canned at NC State and at Clemson when TB was the head coach I remember a few people at our tailgate before Dabo's first game as interim thought MO would've been a much better choice as an interim than a former real estate broker!

TB suggested him as interim and I'm certainly glad TDP thought he was the best choice as well. But Dabo's success didn't come without some pain.

He had to fire his coordinators a couple of times before he struck gold with BV, TE and of course coach Scott. He even took a pay cut to make sure we had the money to get the best and that made a huge difference and paid off exponentially imo.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic