Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Backyard football: Who will be ahead when momma calls you in for supper?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

TNET: Backyard football: Who will be ahead when momma calls you in for supper?

Jan 3, 2019, 8:40 AM

Backyard football: Who will be ahead when momma calls you in for supper?

The national media rolled into Clemson Wednesday morning, looking for quotes and sound ahead of next Monday’s National Championship game against Alabama. They got plenty of quotes and plenty of sound bites but left without any discernible locker room material. The national media rolled into Clemson Wednesday morning, looking for quotes and sound ahead of next Monday’s National Championship game ag Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is a chance for the O-line to redeme itself***

Jan 3, 2019, 8:45 AM

FOCUS

Jan 3, 2019, 9:12 AM

heck last year we had no focus, couldn't catch a cold and it seemed as though we completed more passes to bama than we did our guys, there was not a lot of focus, I think there was an attitude that the previous two had been close so they didn't have to worry,they had too much fun in NOLA, that doesn't seem to be an issue this time around, and honestly I like this group of WR's better, and our QB, we just can't afford a slow start..

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is a chance for the O-line to redeme itself***

Jan 3, 2019, 2:08 PM [ in reply to This is a chance for the O-line to redeme itself*** ]

Our o-line is 100% better than they were last year. Sure there are still some improvements needed, but this will be a lot better offense than the one Bama faced last year

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Re: TNET: Backyard football: Who will be ahead when momma calls you in for supper?

Jan 3, 2019, 9:24 AM

Thanks David for a great perspective on this year’s game. It reminded me of the stories my husband tells about playing stick ball ?? in the streets on Long Island when he was a kid. If people would look at the fun side of the game and quit focusing on how boring it is to have the same two teams for the third time in four years, they would really enjoy ?? the game. I am looking forward to this backyard brawl! Go Tigers! Fight!

Re: TNET: Backyard football: Who will be ahead when momma calls you in for supper?

Jan 3, 2019, 10:56 AM

I remember playing tackle football in the quad surrounded by the tin cans. There was grass but you had to dodge the pavement of a driveway to the PO and sidewalks. Those were the days in the early to mid 70s. We even had RC Edwards watch us play once. Great President and educator.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2019, 2:43 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Backyard football: Who will be ahead when momma calls you in for supper? ]

I would love to tee it up against Bama for the next 10 years...Let the rest of the best improve or sit around twiddling their thumb while our guys go after the OCULUS!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

based on the graphic, both teams are wearing Chrome Helmets?

Jan 3, 2019, 9:45 AM

yay!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: based on the graphic, both teams are wearing Chrome Helmets?

Jan 3, 2019, 1:52 PM

Well, we know ours if fake, because the paw is not turned at the correct 1 o'clock angle!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2019, 11:59 AM

Great write-up! Very graphic memories were brought to mind. I believe this one is going to be so good, and I believe we win!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2019, 12:20 PM

Our guys will admit to anyone willing to listen, from their own lips, they have said there was to much of having fun and not enough of focusing on the task at hand, and they have said, there won't be any of that this time around. Our guys will be ready, and I think that the best team will win, I'ma hoping that our Tigers will prove they were ready for this hunt of some elephants to leave rotting on the field. Go Tigers, kill the elephants!!!!

Hoping that the field will look like the field of the skinned buffalo's in the movie Dances with Wolves, but with elephants!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2019, 12:23 PM

If you don't remember back yard FB as a kid, that would mean you were playing with your sister dolls with her!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What the Tigers must and need to know

Jan 3, 2019, 1:04 PM

First and foremost the Tigers need to know and understand they are not playing a name, i.e. Alabama. It's just a name and means nothing. They need to know they are not playing Nick Saban. He doesn't run, throw, catch, block or tackle. Simply put it's just guys against guys. Who is stronger, who is faster, who is smarter, who makes the plays, who is dialed in and who leaves it on the field? This is the reason some of the Tigers came back. It's time now for the Tigers to IMPOSE their will and when the game is over be the only one standing on top of the mountain. GO TIGERS.

Jan 3, 2019, 2:38 PM

I have been a little blase'...Until i read this "Spot the D Ball" missive... Let's GO...YEEHAA!!!

Jan 3, 2019, 10:07 PM

Great Article David Hood!! CA here we come on a Business Trip, Clemson Style!!

Jan 3, 2019, 11:12 PM

How will Bama react when faced with adversity? I know how Clemson faces adversity....i.e.....TAM, Syracuse, USC to an extent. Tigers win Monday night!!!!

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic