Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: BC head coach says there is "no doubt" Clemson is the No. 1 team in the country
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

TNET: BC head coach says there is "no doubt" Clemson is the No. 1 team in the country

Oct 23, 2019, 7:58 AM

BC head coach says there is "no doubt" Clemson is the No. 1 team in the country

Boston College head coach Steve Addazio says there is no doubt that Clemson is the best team in the country. The Eagles (4-3 overall and 2-2 in the ACC) face off against the Tigers (7-0, 5-0) Saturday at 7:30 in Death Valley. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: BC head coach says there is "no doubt" Clemson is the No. 1 team in the country

Oct 23, 2019, 8:08 AM

That’s great. Name a single coach in football who doesn’t hype their opponent before a game. Any coach playing any team in the top ten is going to use “best” or “one of the best” in some form or another.

Listen to absolutely any SEC interview.

Re: TNET: BC head coach says there is "no doubt" Clemson is the No. 1 team in the country

Oct 23, 2019, 9:13 AM

Spurrier never did it .
He'd side mouth their opponent a little just to pass the time , but that dude expected to win no matter what he actually thought about them .
Then he usually did win .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 23, 2019, 10:43 AM

Spurrier is a Hall of Fame coach for a reason, and that reason is bc he was one of the best college FB coaches in his time, and I don't think that nothing ever rattled him. You told the truth when you said that Spurrier expected to win, bc he did!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2019, 8:06 PM

Yep, he is a Hall of Fame coach. He is also in the ######## Hall of Fame.

Oct 23, 2019, 8:08 AM

That’s great. Name a single coach in football who doesn’t hype their opponent before a game. Any coach playing any team in the top ten is going to use “best” or “one of the best” in some form or another.

Listen to absolutely any SEC interview.

Oct 23, 2019, 8:26 AM

Sometimes you mark things out as just "coach speak." The reason that we get "everybody's best shot" is because opposing coaches do not need "coach speak" to describe us. Everything sounded pretty accurate to me.

Oct 23, 2019, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: BC head coach says there is "no doubt" Clemson is the No. 1 team in the country ]

I don't listen to anything anybody associated with the SEC has to say because I value my time a little more than that. But, that's exactly what this guy is supposed to say. What else is he going to say? Clemson should not be in the top 10? They are going to get plastered anyway, so why give Clemson players any extra motivation.

Oct 23, 2019, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: BC head coach says there is "no doubt" Clemson is the No. 1 team in the country ]

The other part of that is what some have already said here , there's absolutely no benefit to smack talking an opponent that so prominently outguns you . That would be ill advised .
Daz is one of my favorite coaches and his defenses are generally pretty solid .
They gave a good fight up in Boston last year and I expect to get that same effort in DV Saturday night .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Steve Spurrier. A-hole from NC State too.***

Oct 23, 2019, 1:53 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: BC head coach says there is "no doubt" Clemson is the No. 1 team in the country ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

feels inclined to say that so his eagles won’t suffer the wrath.

Oct 23, 2019, 8:28 AM

??

Addaz's remarks as always

Oct 23, 2019, 8:40 AM

serve his purposes well

Addazio is good friends with Dabo.

Oct 23, 2019, 9:11 AM

He wouldn't lie...would he??

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

If he lied...

Oct 23, 2019, 10:57 AM

Would it matter? ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If he lied...

Oct 23, 2019, 11:06 AM

I don't think that anything that he said will make any difference to how our guys will play them on Saturday. All butt whippings feel about the same, you loose, you go back to the drawing board and try again the next week, and hopefully that is what BC will have to do after Saturday!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beware the coach that constantly sings the loudest praises

Oct 23, 2019, 11:01 AM

a la Mack Brown at media days.

I honestly think BC will be a tougher offense for us to stop than what we've seen so far. I don't think they'll score a lot but they will occupy the ball a lot, and limit possessions.

If we take our usual 4 or 5 possessions to get things going, it will be a closer game into the 2nd half than we want.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BC will be prepared to play very physical. They will

Oct 23, 2019, 6:14 PM

challenge our toughness and see if we hold up. Frankly I think that's a good thing. We need someone who is going to be fired up to bloody our nose. Need to see good tackling and a physical response.

Re: Beware the coach that constantly sings the loudest praises

Oct 23, 2019, 7:50 PM [ in reply to Beware the coach that constantly sings the loudest praises ]

^^ This ^^

and rat poison.

Re: Do not listen to him

Oct 23, 2019, 12:45 PM

Both teams are 0-0 this Saturday and BC is standing in the way.

Oct 23, 2019, 5:16 PM

Well, what do you think he would say just before coming down here? “Clemson, is good, but I can think of a handful of teams that are better than them.”

Oct 23, 2019, 7:07 PM

Aw, c'mon, Steve...You're only saying that because it's true,,,

Oct 23, 2019, 7:45 PM

This dude is a good coach in a city that only cares about the Patriots, Redsox, Celtics and hockey. I think he would thrive at Michigan or Virginia Tech.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic